Possibly back earlier than I thought

Feeling very delicate today. Was finally allowed home after 9 long days yesterday and while I was looking forward to seeing my oldest boy Matthew it was truly heartbreaking to leave yet another baby in nicu so tiny and vulnerable. I cried most of last night but expected that to happen anyway.

Today I could not get to see him at all due to poor weather it's 80+mph winds here and roads flooded so going no where, I feel like my hearts been ripped in two I just need to see his wee face to know he is settled hate the thought of him not having any visitors the staff are amazing I know he's well cared for but they're trained to not offer affection the same as family.

Daniel managed to gain 20grams is taking 10ml EBM per hour now but had to go back onto oxygen support as he was too tired that was 2 days and showing no signs of being ready to come off it.

My husband had to go back to Aberdeen for work on tue I feel so lonely and don't want to make him upset by crying down the phone. Think I just need time and a huge massive hug!

Self pitying moan over now honest lol xx

Don't worry - I had a look in on him as I heard you couldnt get up and he was just fine. I've been there all day and there wasn't a peep out of him :)

Aww thanks Sam glad to hear he's behaving. How's Alexander doing? X

He's doing well thanks. He is on the last phase of CPAP now which we are delighted about! His feeds are full milk 8.5ml an hour and he's up to 2lb 6oz after losing some weight due to being intubated/extubated a few times!

Belated congratulations :). Hope your recovery is going well too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->