Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

I had really dark OPKs last three days and EWCM which I was hoping was a good sign but now today, my OPK is back to being a little lighter. (for the past 30 some odd days ALLLLL of my OPKS have been dark, not sure if its a bad batch or just cause my bodies a mess. the last three days have been almost positive though, enough so that I used the digi to check after the IC)

CD 79 for me today :coffee:

Pretty sure I am going to call my doctor and make an appointment for the first week of March. Pretty sure SOMETHING should have happened by now but not even a little bit of spotting. I really think my body hates me.

What makes it so hard is this weekend DH's friend from highschool and his wife are coming to stay with us this weekend and she is 32 weeks pregnant. Then today one of my closest friends found out she is having a baby girl. Why can't it be me? :growlmad:

Hi Trishg21 - :hug: It can't harm to go to the doctors so I think I would if I were in your situation. I guess the earlier you get in there, the earlier things might start to happen? How long were you on the dreaded BCP for?

I'm sure it will be you at some point Trishg21 :hugs:

Hello, I may be joining you all :) I came off the pill around 5 weeks ago, my period is a week late but have done two pregnancy tests and they are negative. So looks like my body is a bit confused right now.

Trish, hugs to you! Were you regular before BC? It will be your turn soon, just keep your head up!

I was on BC for 5 years before getting off and I have never been regular. Maybe it is because I convince myself of this, but I think I may have PCOS. I really can't see myself getting AF in the next 2 weeks so I will probably schedule an appointment this week.

I started a new job this week working with children, they repaid my hard work by getting me sick :haha: woke up to a temp. of 100.3 this morning. Blah.

How is everyone else getting on?

I may have to join you ladies. think I'm having post pill problems, but a little different than others. I had very regular cycles before the pill, and was on the pill for three years. I ended up on Ortho-tricyclen Lo, but tried I think two others before that. I had a lot of trouble regulating on the pill, and I think my body just didn't like it. I had a lot of spotting etc. (The first month I went on the pill I bled all month...fun.) Ortho was the best, but took a while to regulate and still wasn't perfect. Anyway...I came off at the end of November, and had two presumably normal cycles, both around 28-29 days. THEN...I got my period for cycle three off the pill (I know I ovulated this month from temps and OPK). I had a few days of very light spotting before, and then had about 1-2 days of regular/heavy, then a couple of days of light spotting, and that was it. THEN...a week later I started again. WHAT? Has this happened to anyone else? I'm on day 2 of AF2...not super heavy, but not spotting either. What could this be? I don't know if I should start over and call this a new cycle? I am wondering when/if I am going to ovulate again? I never want to take the pill again!!

I was on BC for 5 years before getting off and I have never been regular. Maybe it is because I convince myself of this, but I think I may have PCOS. I really can't see myself getting AF in the next 2 weeks so I will probably schedule an appointment this week.

I started a new job this week working with children, they repaid my hard work by getting me sick :haha: woke up to a temp. of 100.3 this morning. Blah.

How is everyone else getting on?

I work with kids too and for the first year I am pretty sure I was sick more then I was healthy! lol. Hope you feel better!

Nothing new with me, still waiting on a pos opk and am almost out of them, I only have the smiley face digi ones and Im debating on whether or not I should use them. they are kinda spendy so I almost am thinking i should wait until Im more regular but another part of me thinks that since im CD1million (ha!) that it should be happening any day now (how long have I been thinking that though, right!)

^Have you ever tried the OPK's from amazon.com? They have a pack of 40 that also come with 10 hpt's for like $10 us.

I know what you mean though, I thought about buying some but at this point it would have been a huge waste of money because I am SO irregular :haha:

Good luck I hope you get a positive OPK soon! :hugs:

I FINALLY got a +OPK on Friday night...CD45, and then an even more positive last night, so I'm hoping I caught the surge on it's way up and then back down too. My temp is down today, so I'm hoping that means I'm ovulating today? We DTD the last 3 nights, and we'll go again tonight (hopefully then we're covered)! I'm pretty excited, I was getting ready to make an appointment with the doc this week, but if my temps are up tomorrow, I think I'll forget about that for a while! :happydance:

Hi Ladies,
Hope you don't mind me joining in I was looking on the internet to see what was going on with me and came across this thread.

I have been off the pill (noriday) for 4 months and still not had af I also didn't have a withdrawl bleed but didn't get af when on the mini pill anyway so I guess no withdrawl bleed would make sense. I was on the mini pill for about a year and the combined pill for about 17 years without a break. I also really wish I had been told there might be issues when I come off the pill, even the family planning clinic never mentioned this to me!

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I am really hoping she will do something straight away without me having to wait any longer.

I have been taking AC and Milk Thistle in tincture form for a couple of weeks but still nothing, its all so stressful!

So glad I found this thread, thanks everyone

Hi everyone, I'm new to this but saw this thread and thought I'd post.
I came off Microgynon on 16th Jan this yr, had my withdrawal bleed 19th-23rd Jan (always a wed to sunday!) and was completely prepared for irregular periods. However smack bang 28days later I had AF, although very heavy for one day, then off for a day, then heavy again, then off again. So AF came on wed this week and I bled through to thurs eve, then nothing fri, then bled again yest, but nothing today! Normal? Much heavier than when I was on pill too. Thanks xx

Oh forgot to add, I've also experienced chronic headaches, backpain and cramping this month.

At last my AF arrived first thing yesterday morning :)

CD 40 here! LAME! Happy Valentines Day ladies!

Are you still taking the fertilaid? I meant to ask you that awhile ago. (at least I think it was feritilaid that you were taking, right?)

No - I ordered 2 bottles...Took 1 but I got AF on the same day I started taking it...so obviously AF came by herself. So I religious took FertilAid 3x a day until the 1st bottle was gone...and when AF did not show up this month and BFN's I thought...why keep taking it? Obviously it did NOT work cause I clearly haven't O'd yet. So now I am back to just taking my regular vitamins with NO fertilaid.

Hi Ladies,

I havent checked in for a while as i have been on Holiday but update from me is good news, we got our BFP!

For those interested i was on Cerazette pill for 2 years with long cycles and very light periods. After horror stories about cerazette i was worried.

Finished the pill: 1st December 2010
Withdrawl Bleed: 5th December 2010 lasting 4 days
First Period: 19th January
Ovulated: 3rd Febuary
BFP: 21st Febuary (approx 16/17 days PO)

Baby Dust to all xx

P.S the vits I have been taken since finishing the pill are: B6, Iron, Folic Acid, Evening Primrose and a daily Vit C & Zinc drink.

Hope this info helps people xx

Congrats Mrspjlover! Hope you have a H&H 9 months. Seems like you regulated well after coming off the pill? I'm on cycle #2:

Finished the pill: 14th December 2010
Withdrawl Bleed: 20th December 2010 lasting 7 days
Ovulated: 1st February (CD44)
First Period: 13th February (Total cycle = 55 days)

Am now just waiting to ovulate on cycle 2 - am on CD10 currently so it could be a long wait!

Finished the pill: 13th Jan
Withdrawl Bleed: 16th Jan lasting 6 days
Ovulated: Not too sure but i think arounf the 30th Jan
First Period: 18th Feb (on day 5 so reeeeally hoping i only have a few more days left!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->