Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

I was on Birth Control no break for around 18 years. I started it to make my period regular. Btw 13-15 it was irregular.
I stopped the pill Dec 13 and got my first period CD 40.
Currently I am waiting for my 2nd natural period to come. I am on CD32.
I am 33 TTC#1.
I def didn't ovulate last cycle and one day this cycle for a split second I noticed EWCM.
Will be testing ovulation this cycle and have an appointment with the doc March 22nd to make sure everything is ok.

Now can I request some tests with her? Like to check if my hormone levels are correct etc?

Hi Trinigal26,

I am also 33 and TTC no.1. I have been off the pill for 4 months and still no AF I went to the doctor on Monday and she said I have to wait another 2 months before they will do any tests. You might have to push it if you really want to get something done now, although it could depend on your area I am in Edinburgh.
I found it quite hard to really push for the tests when I was there because she had answers to why I am not ovulating and why the tests would not be any good now and it all sounded so reasonable!
I have private medical through work though so I am thinking I will try them and see if they are willing to start doing tests for me now.
I have also just bought one of those fertilfocus ovulation kits that use saliva rather than the ovulation sticks that you pee on so that I can test everyday (to be ready if I ever do ovulate lol) and it is just the one off cost.

I have a question for those of you out there who dont AF, do you get pains like you are going to? for about a month now I have been having these pains on and off and still no AF :( sigh

Yeah its very frustrating..I am currently being patient and waiting for signs of ovulation. I would obviously like to test sooner than later but I don't know what is going to happen. I have a meeting with the Gyno on March 22nd, so fingers crossed.

Its amazing that we work so hard not to get pregnant and now when we want to its more work!

Im in Fl.

Let me know how the saliva test works. I saw it on ebay for $20 but didn't know if it was hard to read the results etc. Let me know your progress..

I was on Cilest then Microgynon then Cilest again for over 10 years.

Very recently, my husband and I decided to try for a baby, so I came off the pill at the beginning of January, had my withdrawal bleed on 17th January (as planned) and then had my first 'real' period exactly 28 days after this.

I don't know whether you would class this is regular, but I guess I will have to wait until the next one (due 12th March).

However, my question is that can you not ovulate and still have a regular period?

Yup! A lot of women do. my friend did and tried for over a year to get preggers. She found out that she had PCOS as well as not ovulating during her period even though it was regular.. thats my concern. I just want to know if I am ovulating!! I am going to be doing testing this month just as soon as I get my 2nd AF off the pill...

This is where my frustration lies! I have been monitoring my CM but still not able to see lots of that wondering EWCM.... i am hoping as months go by, my body will get back into its natural swing and things will be ok... fingers crossed!

Ok update!!!!
So that one day that i saw what i thought was EWCM - well i guess it was!!! Cause 14 days after which is today, I just got my period!!

I have been taking vitex since Dec 28- 800mg daily.. Maybe that helped.. I don't know but my cycle has reduced from 40 to 33... It means that i maybe did ovulate when i thought i did...

I suggest Vitex. I get it online at ebay for like $5. I have had no side affects on it and i really think it has helped me get my body out of whack!

I have been taking it for about 3 weeks so far (agnus castus) but nothing yet, although wouldn't know if I have ovulated because I was on the pill for so long I don't know what all the signs are lol, been off the pill for 4 months though and no AF so can't be ovulating yet.
I have been taking it with milk thistle to try and clear out the liver of anything bad in there.

Apparently though it can be bad if someone is ovulating and pretty regular, not sure why but I have seen it mentioned before. Since I don't ovulate I thought it was worth giving it a try.

Well i say def keep taking it to help bring on AF. I thought the same thing since i was on the BC for so long, that i wouldn't see my AF for months but it does happen.. It will come back.. just be patient.. Even though AF comes, you may not ovulate. This will be my first one tracking it so I will see if i do..
Positive thoughts!!!!

Thanks I am trying to be positive but friends getting pregnant left right and centre doesn't help lol.

I am definately staying on the AC for at least another 2 months until my next doctors appointment, hoping they will put me on clomid after that.

So after finally getting AF this month I've been trying to monitor for ovulation- but I have no idea if I am or not.

According to ovulation calculator I should have started ovulating from 2/20 -2/24. But I have no signs. NO thick CM, but I have had sore nipples....is that a sign of ovulation?

I also bought a fertility scope. The saliva tester. I don't know if I just don't know how to use it- but if I am using it correctly there's no ovulation happening. I started testing 2 days before predicted ovulation and I've continued for the days following. I may continue to test for the rest of the week.

Ms.Bea23 I no the feeling.. I know about 4 people preggers!!!

I wonder if they will make you wait a full year first before Clomid?
Keep at the Vitex though.. its really helped me.. It just takes time.. How much are you taking?

Zodiac, everyone is different.. I really didn't feel anything but i did notice the CM.
This round i am going to take mucinex to help thin it out..

Not everyone gets signs.. If this is your first AF you may not be. I know for sure i wasnt the first one and questioned this second one but everything seems to coincide with that day i got the CM so i am guess i did. I am going to monitor this month using the cheap OPK's from online and see what happens. Hope i get to see a positive so i can put my mind at ease.. so much crazy ideas can fly into your head during this process!
lol

Well I did it. I broke down and called the doctor and set an appointment for the 2nd week in March to discuss my messed up body. Currently on CD 85 and no AF since I stopped BC. There is part of me that is secretly hoping that maybe they will just put me on Clomid so I get get this thing done :haha: Although I know that probably won't be the case. I just hope they can do something more for me then till me just to wait it out.

Morning Ladies,

I am feeling a bit more upbeat today I am sure my body will work itself out when it is ready so for the next 2 months while I wait for my next doctors appointment I will just chill out and see what happens.

Trinigal26 - I am currently taking the AC in tincture 500mg twice a day but I also have it in tablets so I will try that when the bottle runs out and that will be 2 tablets twice a day a 400mg per tablet so 1600mg per day. From what I have read the 1600mg a day is for women in menopause but nothing seems to be happening on the 1000mg a day so I might as well give the 1600mg a go. How much are you taking?

Trishg21 - good luck with the docs and let me know how you get on, I am on day 124 after stopping BC and nothing yet but doctor said I have to wait 6 months before they will do anything more boo, I am hoping I will get clomid pretty soon after that but who knows.

MrsBea - Did they tell you 6 months when you first noticed that you were irregular? Or did you go to the Doc after 3 months and have them tell you to wait 3 more?

I hope they don't tell me to wait 3 more months! I don't think I can take it :( Pretty much all the websites I have researched have said that if you don't get a period of 3 months after stopping BC you need to go to the doctor. That is also what my gp told me. BAH I hate this.

I hope you can get a new cycle soon and not have to wait so much longer!

Trishg21 - I went after 4 months and they told me to wait another 2 months :( I have made an appointment with the family planning clinic for next Monday so I will see what they say. It might be different where you are though, I am the UK and this is through the NHS so if the family planning clinic says wait 2 more months then I will say I want to go private and see if they will give me a referral.

I know I have not been waiting very long compared to allot of the girls on here and another 2 months isn't bad at all but I am 33 and if there are problems with me the sooner I know the sooner I can get something done about it! sigh

Good luck everyone, I'm on day 23 today, been taking starflower oil all month. Last two cycles have been 78 days and 41 days. Had funny pains around day 16, hoping that was OV and so should be due on around day 30ish (that's if my body is not playing tricks on me this month)...... Here's hoping

so ... i came off pill in August had withdrawl bleed then first proper period mid sept, since then i have had nothing. went to docs on friday and she said normally they wouldnt do anythin or worry until it had been a couple of years but seeing i am TTC she would do blood tests, but said in her experience its usually nothing to worry about and its very common for some women to take a while to regulate as everyone is different. For the last week I have been bloated and have had cramps, sore boobs too and the last couple of days the right one has been itchy lol so hopefully i have ovulated! did a couple of random OPK's last week just to c and there was a line not really light and not really dark, not done any the weekend but done one just and there is practically no line... so fx i ov the weekend :) oh yeah had blood test today so gotta wait couple of weeks for results ... so nervous

so ... i came off pill in August had withdrawl bleed then first proper period mid sept, since then i have had nothing. went to docs on friday and she said normally they wouldnt do anythin or worry until it had been a couple of years but seeing i am TTC she would do blood tests, but said in her experience its usually nothing to worry about and its very common for some women to take a while to regulate as everyone is different. For the last week I have been bloated and have had cramps, sore boobs too and the last couple of days the right one has been itchy lol so hopefully i have ovulated! did a couple of random OPK's last week just to c and there was a line not really light and not really dark, not done any the weekend but done one just and there is practically no line... so fx i ov the weekend :) oh yeah had blood test today so gotta wait couple of weeks for results ... so nervous

Fingers crossed for you :thumbup:

I came off Cerazette 4 months ago. I had a months grace of no period and it then came, and it keeps coming every 10 to 12 days lasting each over a week. Grumpty today as i thought after the last time that i'd gone back to natural cycle as i was clock work before the pill. And i'm pretty sure i wont fall pregnant at this rate if its going to continue being a !£$%^£. Surely i'm not ovulating within that time frame? (two weeks)

Good luck to all trying :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->