Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Hi all

I am new to this site, in fact this is my first post!

I was on cerezette for 6 years, and in that time this pill stopped my periods altogether, although my doctor said that this was a normal side effect of this BCP.

I came off BCP on Christmas eve 2009, we had discussed long and hard when it would be time to try for a baby as my other half thought it might occur quite quickly. I had some breaktrhough bleeding in Janurary but then nothing. I went to by doctor at the end of the march and she told me to wait, and made me feel that I was being stupid even being there.

I had several pregnancy type symptoms, such as feeling sick, swollen breasts, cravings, headaches etc and took several pregnancy tests in the first few months to be disapppointed each time. I then gave up with the tests and eventually had what I thought was a period, however it was incredibly heavy and clotty, so I went to my doctors (so another doctor) and he confirmed that he felt that I had had a early miscarriage. However, this new doctor was incredibly understanding and lovely about everything.

He gave me several blood tests and discovered that I was borderline diabetic but that my hormone levels were low, indicitive of being early within a cycle. He did however refer me for a transvaginal ultrasound. I found out a week ago that I have PCOS and am now waiting for my refferal to a Gynae to come through.

My journey from coming of BCP has not been a pleasant one but I am hoping that the medication that he has put me on and the visit to the consultant may now put us on the right path to having the baby was so desperately want.

Thanks for listening (or reading)

Oh me what a bumpy road you've had so far, i am truely sorry and am really happy you've a good doctor (mines a pain as they make me feel silly for being there too) but fingers crossed for you! xxx

Gosh wannabemummyb what a nightmare hope it all starts to go right for you soon especially now that you have a diagnosis. Crazy isn't it how it really doesn't happen the way you think it will!

Gwyllion that doesn't sound like much fun either you poor thing, I am in Scotland as well and not having much luck with the doctors I was told 15 years ago it is likely I have endo but they say they cant do any tests until I AF which isn't happening. It is all such a waiting game sigh

Coopfairy hope you o'd and its your month.

Good luck to everyone for March a new month a new cycle or a cycle!

Trishg21 - I went after 4 months and they told me to wait another 2 months :( I have made an appointment with the family planning clinic for next Monday so I will see what they say. It might be different where you are though, I am the UK and this is through the NHS so if the family planning clinic says wait 2 more months then I will say I want to go private and see if they will give me a referral.

I know I have not been waiting very long compared to allot of the girls on here and another 2 months isn't bad at all but I am 33 and if there are problems with me the sooner I know the sooner I can get something done about it! sigh

Wow. I hope that you are able to get clomid soon! :hugs:

I think I might go crazy if they tell me 3 more months. Plus my head has been feeling very fuzzy lately. I think it is due to all my hormones from not having AF.

havent had a chance to read any of your updates yet but i have great news! 59 days of peeing on OPKs and I only have 3 left and I got my first ever smiley face!!!! Of course, DH leaves tomorrow afternoon for the weekend so we BD tonight and hopefully tomorrow AM. Praying for a temp rise to confirm that I will actually O and praying even harder that this is it for us!

Yay missangie that is great news, good luck I hope this is your month.

Thought I'd update with my good news too-after my first cycle off the pill lasting 55 days, I have just got a positive opk at cd18! Am so over the moon! I'm just waiting for a temp rise to confirm it. Fingers crossed it comes tomorrow as I have had a negative opk today (cd19) so it looks as if I O'd today. If this is all correct, my cycle will be about 32 days-a big improvement!

How often are you ladies doing the OV Testing? I was considering get the test trips, but I've read that it is more accruare when you test 2x per day, around 11am and 4pm (I think those were the times).

Either way I am at working during the "prime" testing hours...I really don't want to be peeing on a stick in my office bathroom!

Thought I'd update with my good news too-after my first cycle off the pill lasting 55 days, I have just got a positive opk at cd18! Am so over the moon! I'm just waiting for a temp rise to confirm it. Fingers crossed it comes tomorrow as I have had a negative opk today (cd19) so it looks as if I O'd today. If this is all correct, my cycle will be about 32 days-a big improvement!

HUGE improvement!!! Keep us updated about your temps!

How often are you ladies doing the OV Testing? I was considering get the test trips, but I've read that it is more accruare when you test 2x per day, around 11am and 4pm (I think those were the times).

Either way I am at working during the "prime" testing hours...I really don't want to be peeing on a stick in my office bathroom!

at first I was doing it twice a day, once in the morning before work and once when I got home from work which is usually around 6. But, as 30+ days passed I only have been doing it once per day and its whenever I get home. Which again, is usually around 6 however on wed I get home after 10:30 but thats when my positive one was!

I got another positive today at 6:00 and have the most EWCM I have seen for months and cramping. Im really hoping that I O today since we could only BD late last night and DH flew out for the weekend this AM. I guess even if we were to just BD 2 days before O there is still a small chance, right?

Cant wait to see what my temps do....

Hi all! I am Catie. 23 years old and dh is 24 and we r trying for our first. My first cycle was 43 days off orthotricyclen, now on cd44 with pos opk cd29, negative hpt so far..also ff did not confirm O so not really sure what is going on.my temping was not great so fx I did o and just no af or bfp yet!

at first I was doing it twice a day, once in the morning before work and once when I got home from work which is usually around 6. But, as 30+ days passed I only have been doing it once per day and its whenever I get home. Which again, is usually around 6 however on wed I get home after 10:30 but thats when my positive one was!

I got another positive today at 6:00 and have the most EWCM I have seen for months and cramping. Im really hoping that I O today since we could only BD late last night and DH flew out for the weekend this AM. I guess even if we were to just BD 2 days before O there is still a small chance, right?

That is sounding good to me! And the timing is fine, I'm sure. Which opks do you have - some say that you will O within 12-36 hours and some say 24-48 hours? Either way I think that you have it covered. FX'd for you :dust:

Zodiac - I use one a day until I see a second line developing, then I use two. This cycle I have been able to use them at about 12 noon but then when I got a line on one I tested again at 7pm. This was the positive one. The following day (at about 6pm as I wasn't able to test earlier) was negative. You can buy them off the internet quite cheaply which makes it more attractive to test more often!

What time do you get back from work? Last cycle I tested at about 6pm and that was fine.

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and having such a nightmare after coming off pill in Feb'10. I've had just two AFs since coming off - one in May'10 and one in Jan '11. Doctor has found antibodies in my bloodwork and is sending me to endocrinologist as she says it may be effecting ovulation. Apparently it's the start of auto-thyroydism - likely I will get other symptoms eventually. However, ttc is a nightmare when you hardly ever get an AF. I am kind of hoping that it is the antibodies that are the problem and that they can fix it otherwise my body has really gone to sleep since the pill - I was on it 12 years so this problem has probably been masked.

Anyone else as few AF's than this in the space of a year or had thyroid problems causing AF to be really irregular?

Thanks

Lucyx

Zodiac - I use one a day until I see a second line developing, then I use two. This cycle I have been able to use them at about 12 noon but then when I got a line on one I tested again at 7pm. This was the positive one. The following day (at about 6pm as I wasn't able to test earlier) was negative. You can buy them off the internet quite cheaply which makes it more attractive to test more often!

What time do you get back from work? Last cycle I tested at about 6pm and that was fine.

I'm out of the door by 8:30 am and don't get home untill about 7:30 pm (go the gym right after work).

I do think that I've started ov again, but I just want to be sure. Once I get a + I don't plan on testing every month, I think I would just drive myself crazy if I did that. I just want to know that the eggs are moving then hubby and I will stop with the protection and try to conceive as stress free as possible.

I'm out of the door by 8:30 am and don't get home untill about 7:30 pm (go the gym right after work).

I do think that I've started ov again, but I just want to be sure. Once I get a + I don't plan on testing every month, I think I would just drive myself crazy if I did that. I just want to know that the eggs are moving then hubby and I will stop with the protection and try to conceive as stress free as possible.

If I were you I would just test each evening when you get in then - if it is just for a guide then that should be enough to show whether you are O'ing!

GL with it!

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing?

Sorry I've not been around for a while, I was limiting my time on bnb due to getting too stressed over ttc! I just wanted to pop back to give you ladies with wacky cycles post-pill some hope........... I'm pregnant!!!!!! After being off bcp just over a year, only 6cycles in 12months and cycles as long as 3mths, we've finally done it! I'm on :cloud9:

I do hope you will keep the thread running to offer the support and :hugs: needed every now and then, be there for each other!!

Hope u are all doing well? xxxxxxxxxx

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing?

Sorry I've not been around for a while, I was limiting my time on bnb due to getting too stressed over ttc! I just wanted to pop back to give you ladies with wacky cycles post-pill some hope........... I'm pregnant!!!!!! After being off bcp just over a year, only 6cycles in 12months and cycles as long as 3mths, we've finally done it! I'm on :cloud9:

I do hope you will keep the thread running to offer the support and :hugs: needed every now and then, be there for each other!!

Hope u are all doing well? xxxxxxxxxx

Congrats MrsH1984 - that is the best news! You have a little bean and have brought hope for us too! Have a H&H 9 months!

That is sounding good to me! And the timing is fine, I'm sure. Which opks do you have - some say that you will O within 12-36 hours and some say 24-48 hours? Either way I think that you have it covered. FX'd for you :dust:

I used the digi ones with the smiley faces. they say 24-48 I think. temps today were same as yesterday so thinking maybe today is O day. still have some EWCM but not as much as yesterday and no cramping like yesterday. tender breasts today again. hmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->