Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing?

Sorry I've not been around for a while, I was limiting my time on bnb due to getting too stressed over ttc! I just wanted to pop back to give you ladies with wacky cycles post-pill some hope........... I'm pregnant!!!!!! After being off bcp just over a year, only 6cycles in 12months and cycles as long as 3mths, we've finally done it! I'm on :cloud9:

I do hope you will keep the thread running to offer the support and :hugs: needed every now and then, be there for each other!!

Hope u are all doing well? xxxxxxxxxx

YAY MrsH!!!! So so very happy for you :happydance:

Also, welcome Lucy and Catie!!! I hope you will find some support on this thread like I have! This is actually the only thread I have been looking at and "talking" in lately.

Ahh so on day two of temp rises! Fx this is it...I only had one small spot of Ewcm this cycle so far, so maybe this all is my hormones regulating and will take a few cycles...know this one is longer than last but reassured if I at least O!

Hello lovelies!

I've been MIA lately because I started a new job and then I went out of town for my SIL's wedding this weekend. I hope everything has been going well for everyone.

MrsH that is stellar news! HUGE congrats! :happydance:

I had my doctor's appt today and as I thought, I have PCOS :dohh: I have to do an ultrasound on Friday to confirm (she sounded pretty positive though) and then then fun begins. DH has to do a SA and they want me to do some sort of dye test through my tubes to make sure they aren't blocked. She gave me Provera to force AF and I have to do day 2 and day 21 bloods. After that though as long as there are no other unforseen problems it sounds like I will start clomid in April :happydance: Now I just have to break the news to DH that he has to go do it in a cup :haha:

Morning Ladies,

Congratulations Mrs H that is fantastic news, there is hope for the rest of us yet.

Trishg21 - I went to the doctor again last night and I have PCOS as well, I had a scan then and there and she said that is what it is although waiting for my bloods to come back to confirm its PCOS not PCO. Then I have to wait 3 months and see if anything happens before I can get any drugs :growlmad:

How did you get on missangie and ceb8109? Was it O day for either of you?

I have decided now that I know I have PCOS I am going to try acupuncture, I have found a lady close by and it sounds promising so I might as well give it a shot.

Bea and Trish, sorry about PCOS but at least you now know and I know it is going to be your turn soon!!!

As for me, yes it was O day! FF confirmed it today. Not feeling too positive since we only BDd two days before but am still hopeful. I am going to try really hard not to "symptom spot" and last time I started POAS at 9DPO but this time I will only test after 14DPO since i only have one test left and its a digi. Plus, I really dont wanna get my hopes up staring at what I think might be a line when it really isnt!!!!

MrsBea - That is crazy, Why are they making you wait when they know you are most likely not ovulating on your own? Boo on them!

Missangie - Sometimes all it takes is one time! Think positive maybe those spermies were able to stick around!

DH and I sat down and discussed everything last night. So far so good! I was so afraid that he was going to get cold feet when he found out all we had to do. Especially since we really haven't been trying all that long, but he is a trooper! He is getting his SA done next Friday so here is hoping to some strong swimmers!

MrsBea - That is crazy, Why are they making you wait when they know you are most likely not ovulating on your own? Boo on them!

Missangie - Sometimes all it takes is one time! Think positive maybe those spermies were able to stick around!

DH and I sat down and discussed everything last night. So far so good! I was so afraid that he was going to get cold feet when he found out all we had to do. Especially since we really haven't been trying all that long, but he is a trooper! He is getting his SA done next Friday so here is hoping to some strong swimmers!

that is awesome that he is on board! Do you live in the states or....? Just curious if you have insurance that covers all the testing and what not.

DH and I decided that since it costs so much we were gonna wait to do further fertility testing (day 21 bloods, SA, etc) until after the one year mark which is coming up. I wish I could skip all that stuff and just go straight to getting clomid. My doctor said thats wht I would be put on but that even though they know I dont ovulate regularly they have to do all of the preliminary testing still which I understand but my insurance only covers 50% for "infertility".

That is great, Trish, that your doctor is moving you forward and not making you wait. I do not understand why many doctors make you wait (like yours Bea) when it is obvious that ovulation isnt happening like it should be!

no O yet here, I think my temps are off due to sleeping poorly and with my mouth open lol. I'm ready for AF to show so that I can start temping vaginally, though I definitely feel sorta awkward doing so! :wacko:

I'm ready for AF to show so that I can start temping vaginally, though I definitely feel sorta awkward doing so!

Ha Ha that made me laugh ceb8109, you'll be fine once you do it a few times I am sure. The things we do to get that BFP though! I have checked my cervix position a few times and it is odd I must say.

Tishg - that is great news DH is happy to go along with everything, I am sure my Dh would as well because he knows the repercussions wouldn't be worth it lol.
I am glad they are moving you along so quickly, they say I am a low priority because of the condition and my age. I’m 33 though so certainly don’t feel young 3 months isn’t that bad I have allot on over the next couple of months so at least I can drink and not feel guilty.

Missangie – In ideal condition’s sperm can last 6 or 7 days so you never know there might be a few around from last week lol. I don't even ovulate and still symptom spot though it is so hard not too.

Well, that serves me right for thinking I had regular cycles after coming off the pill :(

I came off the pill at the beginning of January, had my normal withdrawal bleed on 17th January and then had a perfect 28 day cycle with no issues whatsoever.

I then started TTC and used OPKs to check I was actually ovulating, they came back positive at the correct time for a 28 day cycle (according to all the calculators you can use on the internet) and then at 6 DPO I started brown spotting which continued until today when my AF came at 10 DPO. This leaves my cycle at 25 days but also with a pretty short luteal cycle of 10 days :(

Hi jetset,

Welcome to the irregular cycles thread.

I can't really help I am afraid because I don't ovulate but maybe you should try looking onto some herbs and vitamins so that if it happens again next month you could give that a go to extend your luteal cycle.

I am taking agnus castus and milk thistle to try to get me to ovulate and I am starting acupuncture tomorrow, I am hoping they work lol

Yes, I am in the States. I am hoping that my insurance will cover everything. I am actually going to call today to confirm. That is really the only thing I am nervous about because if we aren't covered I don't think DH will go for it, especially if it is expensive. So fx for good insurance! I have heard of a lot of people with the same insurance that they didn't have to pay anything.

Well I'm screwed. I just spent an hour on the phone with my insurance company and doctor's office and is sounds like they won't cover the ultrasound or HSG test. So we are most likely looking at over $1,000 just to get a prescription for Clomid. I know my husband is going to freak out and not want to do it. I am now so stressed out that I started crying as soon as I got off the phone with the insurance company. And now typing this I am crying again. This sucks. Why can't my body just not hate me?

oh hun I don't really know what to say, all you can do is speak to him and hope that he is willing to go through with it anyway no matter what the cost.

I know how eager you are to get things moving and I totally understand but maybe if you wait for a bit your body might just decide to work itself out. I am starting low gi on the weekend and that is supposed to be really good for PCOS and exercise as well so I am back to the gym as of the weekend boo, my doctor didn't day anything about diet because I am a healthy weight but she did say to get to the gym because that helps heaps. So they are otions for you.

I am also taking Agnus Castus (vitex) and milk thistle which are meant to help as well (although nothing yet).

So if DH does say no then there are other things you can try.

Sorry to hear that Trish :-(

Well I'm spotting at 7dpo - last cycle I started spotting at 9dpo and then AF got me at 12dpo. But 7dpo - and with a temp rise - what is this all about?

Great this cycle I'm currently on cd 51!! Thought I was doing not too bad with 37 first month and 35 the second month! So frustrating!! What can I get to regulate my periods and from what shops? Or chemist I'm in the UK x

I spotted 6 DPO and continued until AF came on 10 DPO... It leaves me on a 25 day cycle which seems really short, but my Mum seems to think I used to have shorter cycles before I went on the pill at 16 years old. I can't remember!

But my Mum also has 25 - 26 day cycles, so perhaps this is more 'normal' for me than the last one at 28 days. Who knows, but it is so frustrating. I guess I have to wait and see what next month brings now, but I certainly can't try to guess ovulation etc as all so up in the air at the moment :o

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing?

Sorry I've not been around for a while, I was limiting my time on bnb due to getting too stressed over ttc! I just wanted to pop back to give you ladies with wacky cycles post-pill some hope........... I'm pregnant!!!!!! After being off bcp just over a year, only 6cycles in 12months and cycles as long as 3mths, we've finally done it! I'm on :cloud9:

I do hope you will keep the thread running to offer the support and :hugs: needed every now and then, be there for each other!!

Hope u are all doing well? xxxxxxxxxx

:happydance: Amazing news MRS H!!!! I am very very happy for you!!!! This news gives us all hope. HnH 9mos :)

So after a VERY long day of phone calls to the insurance company and my doctor's office we found out that my doctor is submitting the claims to my insurance under a different diagnosis (not infertility) so they will pay partial :happydance: So I am going in tomorrow to do a pelvic exam to confirm PCOS. I am still not sure if I will do the HSG test, we will just have to see if my doctor is willing to give me clomid without it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->