Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Well I'm screwed. I just spent an hour on the phone with my insurance company and doctor's office and is sounds like they won't cover the ultrasound or HSG test. So we are most likely looking at over $1,000 just to get a prescription for Clomid. I know my husband is going to freak out and not want to do it. I am now so stressed out that I started crying as soon as I got off the phone with the insurance company. And now typing this I am crying again. This sucks. Why can't my body just not hate me?

BIG :hugs: !! It is crazy how every doctor, every insurance, etc is different. My insurance covered my first ultrasound and bloodwork because it was considered regular care and now that i have been referred to a FS the next set of bloodwork, SA and dr. visit total over 750. But, the clomid itself is only 50.

Maybe there was a mistake? Or, maybe your hubby will surprise you and be okay with it?

So after a VERY long day of phone calls to the insurance company and my doctor's office we found out that my doctor is submitting the claims to my insurance under a different diagnosis (not infertility) so they will pay partial :happydance: So I am going in tomorrow to do a pelvic exam to confirm PCOS. I am still not sure if I will do the HSG test, we will just have to see if my doctor is willing to give me clomid without it :haha:

I replied before a read this! :dohh: That is great news!!!!

Sorry to hear that Trish :-(

Well I'm spotting at 7dpo - last cycle I started spotting at 9dpo and then AF got me at 12dpo. But 7dpo - and with a temp rise - what is this all about?

FX this is it for you!!!

Well I'm spotting at 7dpo - last cycle I started spotting at 9dpo and then AF got me at 12dpo. But 7dpo - and with a temp rise - what is this all about?

FX this is it for you!!!

Thanks Missangie - but I don't think it is. I am still spotting this morning and have had a big temp dip this morning almost to the coverline. I think that I am out.

I can live with that - but I am just so concerned about how early it is. Last cycle I spotted for three days from 9dpo and then got the full :witch: - so an LP of 11 days. If I have the same pattern this time then my LP will have shortened to 9 days :cry:

How are you getting on? And when are you planning to test?

Struth - still go my FX'd for you, your body does strange things when you are pregnanat lol

Trishg - That is great news let us know how you get on.

FX this is it for you!!!

Thanks Missangie - but I don't think it is. I am still spotting this morning and have had a big temp dip this morning almost to the coverline. I think that I am out.

I can live with that - but I am just so concerned about how early it is. Last cycle I spotted for three days from 9dpo and then got the full :witch: - so an LP of 11 days. If I have the same pattern this time then my LP will have shortened to 9 days :cry:

How are you getting on? And when are you planning to test?

Hmmm well I am still crossing my fingers for you!! To look on the bright side, you O'd at almost the "normal" time which is fantastic news!

Since I only have one digi test I wont use it for another weekish (last cycle my LP was 11 days so at least not until after I hit that point.) I was at the dollar store today and it was soooo tempting to buy a bunch of those tests but I didnt. I got a little crazy last time, peeing once or twice a day on sticks from like 8DPO and on and staring at the sticks convincing myself there was a line. at 10DPO I actually had what I thought was a second line, I posted it on one of the threads here and everyone was saying it looked positive so I was pretty bummed when AF showed up.

Struth- You're not out till the witch gets ya! Fx'd for you!

Missangie- I don't blame ya, I could go to town with those dollar store tests. But then I drive myself when they are all neg. Hopefully there will be no AF and a 2nd line for you soon! :thumbup:

I had my U/S today and as suspected I have PCOS. I was kinda doubting it since I have never had any pain, during or not during a cycle, in my ovaries. I thought there was no way I had cysts, but alas I do. A TON! Kind of freaked me out to look at the U/S to be honest. She said I have more than 15 follicles on each ovary :wacko: But now it is just a wait to get my day 2 and day 21 bloodwork done then onto Clomid :happydance: Still undecided about the HSG test, I have about a week to decide.

Grrrr...cd51 and still no O or Af. Wish this cycle would end or I would o already!!! I don't know how lon to wait and/or when to be concerned?

Grrrr...cd51 and still no O or Af. Wish this cycle would end or I would o already!!! I don't know how lon to wait and/or when to be concerned?

Have you had a cycle since getting off BC? What are your cycles normally like?

How are all you lovely ladies getting along? Any good news from anyone?

Struth- You're not out till the witch gets ya! Fx'd for you!

Missangie- I don't blame ya, I could go to town with those dollar store tests. But then I drive myself when they are all neg. Hopefully there will be no AF and a 2nd line for you soon! :thumbup:

I had my U/S today and as suspected I have PCOS. I was kinda doubting it since I have never had any pain, during or not during a cycle, in my ovaries. I thought there was no way I had cysts, but alas I do. A TON! Kind of freaked me out to look at the U/S to be honest. She said I have more than 15 follicles on each ovary :wacko: But now it is just a wait to get my day 2 and day 21 bloodwork done then onto Clomid :happydance: Still undecided about the HSG test, I have about a week to decide.

Sorry to hear that Trishg21 :hugs: Although you half knew that it was likely it must still be difficult to see it and have it confirmed :hugs: However, knowing this is just one more step closer to your :bfp: Keep up the PMA!

How are all you lovely ladies getting along? Any good news from anyone?

I'm good but a bit confused!!! So, AF arrived on Sunday. That meant that my LP has shortened from last cycle from 11 to 9 days. I had had spotting for the three days before too (from 7dpo) but nothing more than a bit on my tissue when I wiped. Then yesterday she stopped. Just stopped. Today, nothing either. So she only lasted 2 days in total.

Now last cycle (the first one off the pill) AF was short compared to normal (I usually have a long cycle - and it was even longer when I was not on the pill - 7 days and heavy). Last cycle was three days of proper flow and then a couple of days of spotting. But this one has been ridiculous!

Also, my temp has gone back up this morning - have a sneaky look at my chart - it is back up way above my previous cycle's coverline. It has hardly dipped below it at all.

Does anyone else get this? What do you think is going on?

Hya, I am new to the site and definitely having crazy cycles since stopping the pill in September 2010....
It was 6 weeks, then 5 weeks, last cycle was 9weeks!! (I think I missed one all together!)
Not starting charting or anything but just bought some OVK so I can at least figure out if I am ovulating at all!
Only really started trying this month... just had a massive reality check getting on this forum... I just thought it would happen..... afterall I spent 10 years on the pill terrified of an accident!
Are long cycles associated with PCO? Are PCO have a genetic link (i.e. if no one in your family has them are you less likely to have them too?)

Also, who know on average how long it takes to regular periods? My GP said I am prob more llikely to solve the problem by getting pregnant than any other way!

Hi all, :)

My last pill was on 8th feb this year, had withdrawal bleed as usual 10th - 15th feb although last 2 days were very light spotting (brownish)

no idea if i ov that cycle or not although did have pains 17th-23rd feb but kinda put this down to fact that body was havibg withdrawal symptoms as had not started my new pill pack!!

So af arrived 8th march (making previous cycle 26 days) only lasted 3 days, nothing for 2 days then brown yuk on my liner yesterday and today now nothing again whats that all about -- any body had anything similar???:thumbup:

Morning Ladies,

Struth - Hmm sounds strange although temp staying up is a good sign, have you taken a test? One of my friends just found out she is 3 months along but since she was still getting some bleeding she thought it was her AF so you never know..

Euornova - It is crazy isn't it that you spend all your life preventing and then when you want to get pregnant it can take an age! Long and no cycles are associated with PCO/PCOS. I have PCOS and no-one in my family does so although it does run in family's you can get it even if no one else has it.

mummyjill – Welcome, sorry I don’t have a cycle so I don’t know I am afraid.

Morning Ladies,

Struth - Hmm sounds strange although temp staying up is a good sign, have you taken a test? One of my friends just found out she is 3 months along but since she was still getting some bleeding she thought it was her AF so you never know..

Euornova - It is crazy isn't it that you spend all your life preventing and then when you want to get pregnant it can take an age! Long and no cycles are associated with PCO/PCOS. I have PCOS and no-one in my family does so although it does run in family's you can get it even if no one else has it.

mummyjill – Welcome, sorry I don’t have a cycle so I don’t know I am afraid.

Thanks MrsBea - I did test this morning with FMU and it was a :bfn: I would only be 12dpo though so it would still be early even if I was pregnant. I will just have to see how things go I guess?! :shrug:

Hi all, :)

My last pill was on 8th feb this year, had withdrawal bleed as usual 10th - 15th feb although last 2 days were very light spotting (brownish)

no idea if i ov that cycle or not although did have pains 17th-23rd feb but kinda put this down to fact that body was havibg withdrawal symptoms as had not started my new pill pack!!

So af arrived 8th march (making previous cycle 26 days) only lasted 3 days, nothing for 2 days then brown yuk on my liner yesterday and today now nothing again whats that all about -- any body had anything similar???:thumbup:

Not had anything similar I am afraid but coming off the pill can be completely unpredictable! My cycle has got much shorter but with spotting prior to AF. I used to have 7 days full on bleed.

I definitely had my AF early so now onto this new cycle.

I have worked it out at 25 days as that is how long the last one was, so will have to see what this one brings! The first real cycle off the pill I was 28 days and thought, "Wey hey we are normal!" then this second one I started spotting at 6 DPO and then finally came on my period at 10 DPO (CD 25).

I am not waiting to Ovulate and am nor sure when I should start using the OPKs.

Last month they showed strong positives for two days and then went completely, so I do think I am ovulating in some form. However, because the last cycle was shorter, I am not 100% when I should be ovulating.

I tested last night for the first time and it was negative so not sure when I should be looking at retesting now!

I definitely had my AF early so now onto this new cycle.

I have worked it out at 25 days as that is how long the last one was, so will have to see what this one brings! The first real cycle off the pill I was 28 days and thought, "Wey hey we are normal!" then this second one I started spotting at 6 DPO and then finally came on my period at 10 DPO (CD 25).

I am not waiting to Ovulate and am nor sure when I should start using the OPKs.

Last month they showed strong positives for two days and then went completely, so I do think I am ovulating in some form. However, because the last cycle was shorter, I am not 100% when I should be ovulating.

I tested last night for the first time and it was negative so not sure when I should be looking at retesting now!

Do you temp - this might help you out a bit? Also - I had a close to positive OPK last cycle and so I did another one later in the day and it was positive. The next day was negative again so if I hadn't done that extra one I wouldn't have been sure of O (although I was temping too and so it was confirmed there).

Perhaps you could do the same - when they get close to positive, try another one later in the day?

Thanks... no I don't temp because I have quite a hectic morning normally, getting up at different times depending on whether I am competing etc. Therefore I just know I would forget to do it all of the time.

However, will do another test when it becomes positive to know whether it has happened... It is so complicated this TTC! I always thought it would just happen for me by accident because I never thought I would have that 'maternal rush'... but it happened quite unexpected and as I am 28 in a few days, I feel it is a good time too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->