Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Well i am very hopeful over all. I think what happens to us is that we read so many negatives and feel that they apply to us.. well thats how i felt.. I was on BC for 18 years. I never had a natural period since I could remember.
I got off the BC Dec 13 and then started Vitex Dec 28. I got my first natural AF Jan 22 making my first cycle 40 days. My second cycle, I saw the EWCM and 14 days from that day I got my period which lowered to a 32 cycle. Currently this month I am waiting for my 3rd AF. I don't know when its gonna come because I did notice a tonne of EWCM on the 14th day but got my positive OPK 2 days after so I am very unsure as to when AF will come. This was my first ever positive OPK so it gives me hope that even though I was on BC for so long, nothing is wrong---IM PRAYING.

I also am tempting which is kinda hard but so far its been showing i really did ovulate as my temps have remained higher than in the beginning of my cycle, just hard to pinpoint the exact day....

Im 33 and we are going to "try" in May. Which means whatever happens, happens but we are obviously going to take notice of my more fertile days.

I believe Vitex and evening primrose really helped me. I would highly suggest it. The vitex helps normalize cycles and primrose helps with the EWCM.....

I will keep you posted on my journey.

struth that is really odd! I would keep an eye on your temps and if they stay up test again in a couple days. wacky!!

As for me, AF came today and brought cramps with her... Pretty bummed cause I am now realizing that having a baby in 2011 is starting to look very unlikely.

So now I have had 3 cycles since stopping BC in April. One in August and then I took provera in Oct and started charting my temps and had a 55 day cycle (LP was 11) and this one ended up being 70 days (LP was 10) Please please please let me have a less than 40 day cycle. (and a better LP!!)

Struth- very strange, but hopefully your temp will stay up and turn into a BFP :thumbup:

Missangie- I think about how time is running out for a 2011 baby all the time but try and keep your head up :hugs: It will happen for you. I just remind myself that I don't want to be in labor on Christmas anyways :haha:

I think my period is finally coming! :happydance: (never thought I'd be so happy to say that) True it is Provera induced but still...exciting none the less. I started spotting today so hopefully within 2 days I can FINALLY start a new cycle. (on CD 105)

Hubby and I decided for now that we are going to wait on the HSG test. My doctor seems to think the chances of my having blocked tubes is pretty low so I think we are going to try Clomid for 3 rounds and take it from there. DH has his SA on Friday and I am hoping for some strong swimmers! So if all goes well I will start Clomid mid-April :happydance:

By the way - Co-worker came into work today with her 1 week old little boy and OMG! I must have one! So stinking cute I wanted to die. Had a cheesy warm gooey feeling the whole time I looked at him :haha:

Trish, I am excited for you to try clomid! Makes me want to as well. I keep rescheduling my FS appt because I have to take the day 21 bloods before she will meet with me and give me clomid but I just dont know if Im ready to fork out 800 bucks. Although, if I knew it would get us pregnant I would pay that in a heartbeat! AHHH I dont know what to do. I am pretty sure you will get clomid and get pregnant before I even have my next period if I just wait ;-)

my insurance for infertility is 50% after the $250 copay. I got an estimate sheet and it shows all the lab tests that were ordered which equals almost $450 out of pocket plus then there are two other sections with estimated charges but I dont knwo what they mean or are for. (I requested clarification just tonight actually) Plus after all of that I then have to pay for the visit at 50% and the clomid (I was told the clomid would just be about 50 bucks)

Trishg21 - woo hoo for your period coming!!! Thanks goodness for that - it is a new beginning which I hope will end in a :bfp: for you.

Missangie - I replied to your post on another thread but - boo and :hugs:. I guess like Trishg21 - it is a new beginning for you too and hopefully you will O sooner and then :witch: will stay away.

As for me - my temp has dropped this morning to just under the coverline. I guess my temp yesterday was just an odd one but it still doesn't explain my really short AF - 3 days of spotting, one day of flow and another day of spotting.

I have been doing some reading and think that I may be low in progesterone. I have ordered some vit b complex and have thought about going to see the doctors but have decided to give it one more cycle (it is only three months since I came off the pill). If I have the same problems - short LP, spotting before AF, and light AF - I will then go then.

I just wish I could stop the tick, tock, tick, tock of my body clock.....!

Trishg21- Great news on the AF... I know it's not ultimately want we want but last month when my cycle lasted an incredible 9 weeks.... and I knew I was not pregnant and wasting my time, I just could not wait for the bloody AF to show up and start a new cycle!!!

Especially as it's TTC cycle1 for us!!! I am not monitoring temp and only getting OPK sticks today or tomorrow (waiting for the post!!)
I just want to have a sign that I am actually ovulating.
I will get a thermometer today too and start charting.

How do you calculate you LP? is it the time between your OV and your AF? When the temp is up?

x

:dust: for all of you!!!

Hi Euronova - yes the LP is from the day after Ov until the day before the first day of your full blown AF (not spotting) inclusive. If you are planning to temp with something like fertilityfriend.com then the system will tell you when you have O'd and then will also work out your LP for you each cycle.

Are you planning on using fertilityfriend? It is the one that most people use and it quite straightforward once you get the hang of it.

Oh - and my first cycle off the pill was nearly 8 weeks long but this one was much shorter (28 days - I think!). Let's hope that your second one is shorter too and with a good Ov too!

Which pill were you on?

Hya,

Thanks for all the advice, I have started fertility friends but so far only put the when we have :sex:, I thought just having sex everyday was a good plan... but we are getting a bit tired of it and it seems that everytime we don't have sex we feel we are ruining our chances so I really need to get charting so we have a better idea of what's going on.

I stopped the pill in Sepetember (very low dosage French pill not available here, and was on it for 10 years), my cycles were about 5 to 6 weeks, then I have this crazy 9 weeks one.... I think I skipped an AF altogether (if that is possible!)

This is our first cycle of really trying as I was waiting to be able to have treatment in France, but I feel quite lost as I don't know if it's just going to happen (like I always imagined it woud) and if it doesn't I don't want to loose time not knowing what's happening as who knows when my next cycle will be!

Ordered some OPK sticks and a thermometer so will get cracking on that. I'm CD12 so hopefully I will have time to catch and record the peak :) and be able to monitor LP.

Only been 2 days on this forum and feel like it's a massive learning curve!!!

Ah I see - I thought you meant that you were on your first cycle off the pill but in fact you have been off it for a while and it had been your first cycle TTC? Sorry about that!

And as for learning curve - I so agree! I couldn't believe the amount of things that I didn't know when I first came on here! All my friends just used natural methods or OPKs to conceive and so I had no idea of all this other stuff! Its like a whole other world that I didn't know existed! Mind - we are all going through it together and it is a huge support to speak to other women going through it too!

@struth

Yes the forum is lovely and so full of information, can't wait to transfer the the other parts once I have a :bfp: as it seems there is a lot to learn there too!

loads of :dust: to you!

Hi everyone,

Im new to posting on here, but have been reading this thread for a little while now and its very reassuring to know its not only me having problems with cycles.
I came off BCP beg Dec, had normal breakthrough bleed then had a 39 day cycle, and am now on day 56 with no signs of AF!

I just want Af to show now so we can get on with TTC! Ive got some OPK but it just feels like ive been waiting forever to start using them on my nxt cycle (not used them before)
It definatly doesnt help as I know soooo many people who are pregnant (most of them by accident or within first month of trying!!) I'd just b happy with AF right now, lol!

Hi Mrsd and welcome!

I know exactly how you are feeling - I had a 55 day cycle (nothing compared to some people on here but bad enough) when I first came off the pill. By the end of it I just wanted AF to show so I could start again. It might still be worth you using the OPKs though - as you might not have yet O'd and you might still catch it?

Lots of :dust: to you!

welcome MrsD! I (and everyone else here) know how you are feeling! I hope AF shows up soon so you can start POAS and making a baby ;-)

Welcome MrsD!!

All in the same boat! Struggling to plan and know when we should be :sex: ! Sending a flurry of :dust: and hoping we all get more regular Af or a :bfp:

:)

Trishg - that is fantastic news :thumbup: you must be thrilled.

missangie - what a nightmare, insurance companies are pants :growlmad:

Struth - a few girls on here seem to use progesterone cream I don't know much about it though unfortunately I am the opposite and have too much oestrogen, can get a positive on my saliva test every day, I wish! lol.

Mrsd - Welcome, you’re in the right place lol I know exactly how you feel I think I am around day 110 after coming off the pill and no AF just wish AF would come so I know where I am at.

No news from me today just waiting on my next acupuncture which is Tuesday and hoping it gets my insides moving.

Grrrr...cd51 and still no O or Af. Wish this cycle would end or I would o already!!! I don't know how lon to wait and/or when to be concerned?

Have you had a cycle since getting off BC? What are your cycles normally like?

Yeah first cycle was 43 days. Now on cd56 and still no O/Af/bfp. I went to dr on monday, checked my thyroid which was normal. Now the dr said to wait 4-6weeks and may have to start pcos testing. What does that entail?

I have been on bcp since I was 13 or so. I know I had long heavy periods, but I don't remember if they were regular length cycles.

Grrrr...cd51 and still no O or Af. Wish this cycle would end or I would o already!!! I don't know how lon to wait and/or when to be concerned?

Have you had a cycle since getting off BC? What are your cycles normally like?

Yeah first cycle was 43 days. Now on cd56 and still no O/Af/bfp. I went to dr on monday, checked my thyroid which was normal. Now the dr said to wait 4-6weeks and may have to start pcos testing. What does that entail?

I have been on bcp since I was 13 or so. I know I had long heavy periods, but I don't remember if they were regular length cycles.

I had my blood drawn and then had an ultrasound to check for pcos and was given provera to see if that would induce a period (it did and I was later told I actually dont have PCOS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->