Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Struth - Have you O'd yet? Maybe it was ovulation spotting? Or Implantation spotting????

No - I haven't O'd (no positive opk or temp rise) so it couldn't be either I'm afraid.... Just one of those things I think!

Struth- That is odd, but I know what you mean. Sometimes those wierd things just happen. If you haven't started by Thursday I bet they will put you on Provera to start a new cycle.

I tested yesterday BFN. I was so sad even though it wasn't a huge surprise, but also because I was supposed to go hang out with a girlfriend yesterday and she is 8 months pregnant. I was so afraid that I would just feel bitter the entire time I was with her, but it was actually great. We spent all day together and I really needed the girl time. Plus she told me she didn't get a BFP till she was 2 weeks late for her AF. She kept getting BFNs! So I am trying not to get my hopes up because even if I am not pg this month (most likely) there is always next month we will probably be able to time everything better anyways.

Hi

Ceb8109 - many congratulations! Such a long cycle, did you temp and use OPKs to see that you were 16 days past ovulation?

Struth - sorry to hear about your bloods, do you have a scan booked? I really hope they can find out what's wrong and give you the help you deserve

Trish - sorry they mucked up, that must have been so frustrating, FX that you get a BFP or they give you a higher dosage of Clomid

Wouldluvbub - where are you with everything at the moment? Noticed you said you'd spotted? Does that mean the end of your cycle?

I'm now CD97. Bloods fine and doctors won't see me again until it's been 6 months.
Going on holiday early June for 2 weeks so will keep my fingers crossed that ovulate soon if not I may go to the doctors anyway! Not sure whether they would run tests or give me something to kick start AF! Any advice how I can make him see how frustrating this for me and OH and how to move things along quicker?
Temping is annoying, started 2 weeks ago and have missed 3 days already! If I ovulated on the days I didn't temp would FF still pick it up??

Thanks and lots of :babydust:

I am currently CD 2 on cycle 4! AF is being quite mean to me today... Pretty heavy and getting bad cramps! This AF is more like the one's I used to have before the pill so hopefully that's a good sign!

I am not sure about FF. I am only just starting to use it and I don't know if it will still pick up Ov on day's you didn't temp.. I know how hard it is to remember to temp! So frustrating lol! I am going to try this entire cycle. I really want this cycle to be my lucky one!

According to the psychic's I should conceive or get my BFP in July or August so with how my cycle's have been then this cycle might just be it! :) I am trying so hard to be positive :) Otherwise I'll go to my appointment on the 22nd of July and hope like hell he does something that works for me..!!

It's so funny reading about all the girls who are in their 2ww.. If only they knew what an 6-8ww felt like bahahaha... 2ww would be complete bliss lol

Congratulations Ceb! That really gives me hope. So happy for you :happydance:

Hugs wouldluvabub
Get this nasty AF outta the way and then let this be your cycle!

So annoyed with temping today! Got up ate breakfast and then stepped into the shower by the time I remembered!

Xx

Thanks ladies for.the congratulations, however I had a chemical pregnancy and started bleeding on sunday. Now will be starting clomid cd3-7 50mg hoping to get a sticky bfp this time! Dh had a sa that was awesome, so fx!

I'm sorry sweetie! Glad you're on Clomid now! Really got my FX for you! xxx

Oh I'm so sorry Ceb, hope this month brings good news for all of us.

I'm off to the GP tonight to discuss my missing AF since I came off BCP in January. I had my withdrawel bleed, a 35 day cycle with a period, then nothing! Hoping to get some guidance as to where we go from this.

Oh ceb I am so sorry! That must have been horrible! Well were all here to talk if you need!!! Hope all of you other girlies ate going well!! Updates???

ceb8109 - so sorry to hear about your chemical csb8109 :hugs: I hope you are ok? Hopefully the clomid will sort you out and lead you to your :bfp:

Lemonflower - glad to hear that your bloods were normal. I know it now means just waiting it out for now but at least nothing nasty showed up. Remind me, when did you come off the pill? How long has it been? As for your Q about FF - yes it should still pick it up as you should see a sustained rise in temp after O. It might be a bit unsure about the actual day but it should still pick the temp shift up. Keep us posted...!

Wouldluvabub - I hope the psychics have it right for you and that your :bfp: is just around the corner!

Fluffette - let us know how you go with the drs. Just a word of warning - drs seem to react differently and so don't be surprised if they send you away for a while to see if things sort themselves out. I got my bloods done recently but she only just agreed to do them as I was approaching 6 months off the pill and I am 35 next month. Hopefully they will check your bloods but I just wanted to say don't get your hopes up too high! Let us know how you get on.

Trish - did you find out whether you had O'd in the end?

Struth - I came off the pill 7th Feb 11, withdrawal bleed 10th-15th Feb 11.
Starting counting CD date from the 15th Feb 11 so that would make me CD98, that's right how I worked it out isn't it??
I see you have a scan on Thursday, I'll be thinking of you! Do you go to hospital or your doctors for it?

What would you ladies do if you were me? Do you think I'll be prescribed Provera? I've not seen much success rate on here other then inducing one AF and then nothing after that.. What is Metomorfin (don't know if I spelled that right) seen it on here a few times but not sure what it is!

Getting crampings today and feel moody so maybe something is happening or just my body playing tricks on me again! X

you count CD1 as the FIRST day of your period. So CD1 is the first day of bleeding. When AF is over you should already be around CD5.. Does that make sense??? I am not sure about what medication you should be on as I am not on any?? Although I have read a few things about different medication's and from what I gather different one's treat different things.. Like I have low LH high FSH but you can have the opposite to that so they would both need different things. Just see what your doctor has to say. You will find something that works for you :)

Fluffette - let us know how you go with the drs. Just a word of warning - drs seem to react differently and so don't be surprised if they send you away for a while to see if things sort themselves out. I got my bloods done recently but she only just agreed to do them as I was approaching 6 months off the pill and I am 35 next month. Hopefully they will check your bloods but I just wanted to say don't get your hopes up too high! Let us know how you get on.

I know hun, I'm trying not to get too excited. I've made the appt with a really lovely GP. I could have been seen last week by one of the less approachable partners, but decided to wait a bit longer to see this lady. Even so, she still might just tell me to wait a bit longer. Got someone to keep an eye on DS so DH can come with me and hold my hand.

Thanks Wouldluvabub, that does make sense! I'm actually CD103 then! :dohh:
Gonna kee researching meds so when I do go to the doctors I'll know what he's talking about.

Good luck at your doctors tonight Fluffette xxx

Struth - I came off the pill 7th Feb 11, withdrawal bleed 10th-15th Feb 11.
Starting counting CD date from the 15th Feb 11 so that would make me CD98, that's right how I worked it out isn't it??
I see you have a scan on Thursday, I'll be thinking of you! Do you go to hospital or your doctors for it?

What would you ladies do if you were me? Do you think I'll be prescribed Provera? I've not seen much success rate on here other then inducing one AF and then nothing after that.. What is Metomorfin (don't know if I spelled that right) seen it on here a few times but not sure what it is!

Getting crampings today and feel moody so maybe something is happening or just my body playing tricks on me again! X

Thanks Lemonflower :flower:

Wouldluvabub is right - you count cd1 as the first day of AF so you are even further on than you though :-(

Provera is for bringing on a period in the hope that you will regulate again. Metformin is given to try and help you regulate (it is given to ladies with PCOS as it works on the insulin and androgens that are out of kilter).

Not sure what they will do for you - it seems to differ depending on the dr! Keep us posted though.

I know hun, I'm trying not to get too excited. I've made the appt with a really lovely GP. I could have been seen last week by one of the less approachable partners, but decided to wait a bit longer to see this lady. Even so, she still might just tell me to wait a bit longer. Got someone to keep an eye on DS so DH can come with me and hold my hand.

It really does depend on who you get doesn't it? Not fair really! I hope that you get some answers though.

Feeling really good after my appointment.

I have an appointment so blood can be taken tomorrow for tests - every test under the sun I think. So glad something is happening and we're moving forward. She gave me a quick exam and palpated all around my pelvis, I'm feeling really rather achey after that and it was quite tender when she examined me. Not sure what that could mean :nope:

Anyway - I hate needles but needs must! Just a 3 week wait til I get the results.

Feeling really good after my appointment.

I have an appointment so blood can be taken tomorrow for tests - every test under the sun I think. So glad something is happening and we're moving forward. She gave me a quick exam and palpated all around my pelvis, I'm feeling really rather achey after that and it was quite tender when she examined me. Not sure what that could mean :nope:

Anyway - I hate needles but needs must! Just a 3 week wait til I get the results.

Glad that you had a positive appointment and that things are moving forward. Three weeks for the results though? That seems long-you should check tomorrow. Mine only took three days? Hope you get some answers soon x

So what happened with me is they did not even run the correct test. I was really frustrated yesterday but I talked to them today and I am hoping it will all sort out. They said they could call the lab and still possibly get the results we need off of that blood draw. So hopefully we can figure out a game plan. Mean while I am on CD 31 with no sign of AF. That could be a really good thing, or it means that I didn't ovulate at all this cycle. And I am too nervous to test :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->