Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

pretty bummed ladies...

I was really hoping to get prescribed the clomid today at my appointment but dr is having me do hsg first. I suppose I should have known I would have to have that done first.

Im mostly bummed because he said i have to wait 30 days and either abstain from sex or use a condom and then if i dont get my period (which i doubt i will since i rarely ovulate) then take provera after the 30 days and then once the bleeding starts to call and schedule the hsg. I asked why I couldnt just take the provera now and he said because they dont want there to be any chance that i could be pregnant.

So frusterating because I have been doing OPKs and temping and I dont ovulate so why do I have to wait? I am SO tired of waiting all the time for something. Wait for an appt. wait for a blood test. wait for another appt. wait for this, wait for that. AHHHHHHHH :-(

We also asked about hubbys SA results and he didnt give us the exact results, just said that it wasnt bad and he wasnt too worried about it but that it wasn't great, it was in the "grey area". He said we could do it again and it may be better or it may be worse but he doesnt really see the need to re-test right now. didnt really make us feel too confident about it though. I sent an email just now requesting the actual results...

struth, I hope you are Oing and catch that egg!!!!

Trish, have you gotten the results yet? Waiting is the worst huh?

MissAngie, sorry your appointment wasn't what you wanted. Crossing everything that you get some answers speedily. Waiting really does suck!

Struth I really REALLY hope you've ov'd, sounds like it to me!

Angie- Sorry your appointment did go as you had hoped. My doctor wanted me to do a HSG test but I talked her into letting me do 3 rounds of Clomid first. That is really weird about the waiting 30 days. If he is that concerned with possible pregnancy why not just do a blood draw then let you start provera?

Got my results today. As I suspected I did not even ovulate. I actually thought I'd be a lot more upset about it than I am though. We are moving to a higher dosage next month and I am going to be temping and taking robitussin next cycle. Here is to a June BFP!

Angie- Sorry your appointment did go as you had hoped. My doctor wanted me to do a HSG test but I talked her into letting me do 3 rounds of Clomid first. That is really weird about the waiting 30 days. If he is that concerned with possible pregnancy why not just do a blood draw then let you start provera?

Got my results today. As I suspected I did not even ovulate. I actually thought I'd be a lot more upset about it than I am though. We are moving to a higher dosage next month and I am going to be temping and taking robitussin next cycle. Here is to a June BFP!

Ya I havent heard from anyone about having to do the 30 day wait then do provera... to be honest im just gonna take the provera now and then go in to do the hsg.

I am glad you are being really positive about your situation, as you should be. Uping the dosage will make you O and a BFP is on its way, I hope!! Did you have any nasty side effects from the clomid?

pretty bummed ladies...

I was really hoping to get prescribed the clomid today at my appointment but dr is having me do hsg first. I suppose I should have known I would have to have that done first.

Im mostly bummed because he said i have to wait 30 days and either abstain from sex or use a condom and then if i dont get my period (which i doubt i will since i rarely ovulate) then take provera after the 30 days and then once the bleeding starts to call and schedule the hsg. I asked why I couldnt just take the provera now and he said because they dont want there to be any chance that i could be pregnant.

So frusterating because I have been doing OPKs and temping and I dont ovulate so why do I have to wait? I am SO tired of waiting all the time for something. Wait for an appt. wait for a blood test. wait for another appt. wait for this, wait for that. AHHHHHHHH :-(

We also asked about hubbys SA results and he didnt give us the exact results, just said that it wasnt bad and he wasnt too worried about it but that it wasn't great, it was in the "grey area". He said we could do it again and it may be better or it may be worse but he doesnt really see the need to re-test right now. didnt really make us feel too confident about it though. I sent an email just now requesting the actual results...

Urgh - how frustrating. I would be feeling the same as you. I guess they just have to be 100% sure (even though you know that you haven't O'd and so can't be pregnant, they need to cover their backs I guess). You are right that all we do is wait for the next thing...! Have you considered not temping/opking for the 30 days and just getting on with life - you know, concentrate on enjoying yourself and doing all those things that you won't be able to do when pregnant/a mum? It might make the 30 days go faster?

Let us know how you go with the results x

:-( :flower:

Sorry to hear that Trishg21 - bring on cycle 2 and that BFP :)

Just wanted to say a collective thanks to all you ladies on here - you have all been lovely recently and have really helped over a tough week or two. I'm so glad I found these boards x

Sounds like no one has any good news!! I've just finished af so onto this long cycle although this time I am temping so I am hoping to catch O!! Hubby and I have just had a fight because he is drunk an being horrible to me! He is just in one of those moods! He has now passed out and I'm still annoyed! Anyway coming on here take my mind off how angry I am with him!

Just wanted to say a collective thanks to all you ladies on here - you have all been lovely recently and have really helped over a tough week or two. I'm so glad I found these boards x

This has become a really important place for me as well, this thread especially is somewhere I feel safe and understood. It's hard because my friends know were are TTC, and a lot of them know that DS is the result of a burst condom and an MAP which didn't work so they keep telling me that it's going to be easy. Well it's not so please stop telling me "oh it will happen". Because right now I feel like crap. I know they're trying to be nice but I'm a grumpy old bitch!

Sounds like no one has any good news!! I've just finished af so onto this long cycle although this time I am temping so I am hoping to catch O!! Hubby and I have just had a fight because he is drunk an being horrible to me! He is just in one of those moods! He has now passed out and I'm still annoyed! Anyway coming on here take my mind off how angry I am with him!

Oh gosh, hun I'm sorry. I don't like my DH drunk either but fortunately it happens very very rarely, and fortunately he's an irritating drunk rather than an angry one!

Sorry to hear that your OH is being a pain Wouldluvabub :-( Is he one to wake up the next morning and apologise? I hope so x

And Fluffette - people just don't understand do they? They tend to be well meaning and are generally trying to make you feel better but it doesn't help. :hugs:

Well I have a bit of good news. I have had a temp rise and FF thinks that I am 3dpo! Woo hoo :happydance: TBH, I don't think I can be 3dpo as that means I O'd on Thurs but my strongest positive opk was on Friday. I think I may have only O'd yesterday (as I had loads of EWCM) - however, for now I'm going to take 3dpo and run with it! 3dpo/1dpo who cares - I'm dpo and we covered it!

Do now I just have to wait and see if my LP is longer than previously - it was 11 and then 9 days previously but I had spotted for three days before each AF. I've been taking a b complex to try and sort it out so hopefully it is improved (although actually I hope I never find out how long it would have been!).

Keep your FX'd for me girls x

pretty bummed ladies...

Urgh - how frustrating. I would be feeling the same as you. I guess they just have to be 100% sure (even though you know that you haven't O'd and so can't be pregnant, they need to cover their backs I guess). You are right that all we do is wait for the next thing...! Have you considered not temping/opking for the 30 days and just getting on with life - you know, concentrate on enjoying yourself and doing all those things that you won't be able to do when pregnant/a mum? It might make the 30 days go faster?

Yes, I have decided to not temp or do the OPKs at all until after the HSG. It is nice to not have to worry about those things however a baby and the not being able to get pregnant is still on my mind every day and I think it is impossible to not have it be. But, like you said, I am trying to just be positive and enjoy life as it is right now and know that it will happen for us eventually.

Like you said and others on here, these boards and everyone on here are amazing. Everyone on here understands what my friends and families dont and I really appreciate everyone being so warm and willing to listen to my complaints and answer my questions and being my TTC cheerleader :) Thank you to you all!

pretty bummed ladies...

Yes, I have decided to not temp or do the OPKs at all until after the HSG. It is nice to not have to worry about those things however a baby and the not being able to get pregnant is still on my mind every day and I think it is impossible to not have it be. But, like you said, I am trying to just be positive and enjoy life as it is right now and know that it will happen for us eventually.

Like you said and others on here, these boards and everyone on here are amazing. Everyone on here understands what my friends and families dont and I really appreciate everyone being so warm and willing to listen to my complaints and answer my questions and being my TTC cheerleader :) Thank you to you all!

It WILL happen for you eventually. I'm sure of it. :hugs:

Hey ladies!! Well I would just like to say after being a member of BNB for about 6 months (maybe more) This particular thread has made me feel like I belong somewhere and I am so happy that we are in similar situations and have each other to lean on :)

DH woke up this morning and I gave him the silent treatment!! He had a sore head so he got in the shower and had some panadol and tried talking to me a few times and I gave him nothing... He eventually came up to me and gave me a big kiss and cuddle and said I am really sorry for last night. I know he was drunk and it was the alcohol talking but he still needed to say sorry so I am very happy that he did! :) Then went spent the entire arvo out in the garden trying to get it all done! We made alot of progress! I am currently CD8.. Taking vitex, and multi B vitamin aswell as a TTC vitamin that contains folic acid AND fish oil! :p Sometimes I feel silly with all my vitamins lined up ahaha! But anywho it's all for a good cause!

struth I am so happy that you have O'd thats amazing! I will defiantly keep my FX for you :)

I hope this cycle isn't too long for me! Just gotta keep up with the healthy eating and excercize and hope it makes a difference! I hope everyone else is keeping well!!

Glad to hear that the OH ate some humble pie this morning Wouldluvabub - sounds like he needed to! We've had a day in the garden here too - good to get some fresh air and tidy it up.

I know what you mean about the vitamins - I take a TTC multivitamin (pregnacare conception) and a 50mg vit b complex. I'm thinking that I might start taking the vit b complex every other day instead of every day though - they say that long term use of b6 can do nerve damage (I think it is because we only need a small amount each day (about 2mg) but I have 10mg in the multi-vit and 50mg in the complex) and I have been getting a twitchy eye for the last couple of days. Best lay off a bit I think :blush:

Hi Girls,

Sounds like everyone is doing well today which is great.

I have been having a very odd weekend and I was wondering if anyone else has had anything like this.

So Friday night after bd when I wiped I had a bit of blood like spotting so I googled it and it seems you can get ovulation spotting that was cd12 so yesterday I went to the loo about lunch time and when I wiped I had loads of ewcm and quite a lot of blood although only when I wiped none on my pants. I did one opk yesterday morning and there was a faint line but not a positive (never normally get anything) and got the same this morning so I would assume I ovulated yesterday afternoon from the signs.

The issue is that my temp has not gone up nor did it dip yesterday so I am assuming my body geared up to o but didn't, has anyone else had spotting at time of o? does anyone else's body try to o but not manage it? I have never had ewcm or spotting before so my body was really trying but just couldn't manage it.

FF says that I might of o'd day 26 last cycle (spotted crosshairs) but it looks like my body tried about this same time last cycle, so my body is trying to o but not getting it out booo. I have PCOS so not that surprised that I can't o properly.

Anyone had anything like this?

Hi MrsBea23 - I do get spotting (or at least I have for the last couple of cycles) at random points in my cycle but not at O. This cycle I spotted at cd9 (and actually I spotted at cd 9 the cycle before) and then again just last week (about cd70ish). I have gone on to O a week afterwards and so I don't think it is O spotting - too big a time difference - just some random other type of spotting. Could it be this - if you have not had a positive opk or temp shift?

Alternatively, is there any chance that you could have hurt yourselves during BD'ing and/or could the CM be remnants from the BD'ing (TMI!!!)?

I guess that there are so many possible explanations - and that is the annoying thing I suppose.

Thanks Struth I guess that is what I was trying to figure out if people spot at different times other than ovulation and implantation. I don't think it was from bd'ing (I know that blood lol, this was brown not red like injury). It is good to know that it can just happen though and my body isn't that random.

This is only my 3rd cycle so its all a bit confusing to know what is normal and what isn't for me, I have the doctor on Tuesday though because this is 3 months from when I was diagnosed with PCOS and they wanted to see if anything would happen in that 3 months so I will see what she says (although I think my doctor was moving to Australia so not sure who I will see).

This irregular cycle malarky is a pain in the a$$!

Great that you o'd though hope you caught your egg. Fx'd for everyone on this thread.

Struth- SO glad to hear about being DPO! I hope something good comes from it!

MrsBea- That is a start! I hope that you O'd! Being irregular really does make the whole thing much more difficult. But if you are still ovulating that is great!

Wouldluvabub- Glad to hear that he said he was sorry. I know what you mean, you just need to hear that sometimes. I feel silly with all my vitamins too, and next month I am adding another! But it will all pay off if we get a BFP!

I agree with everything that has been said, I was part of this thread early on, but lately it has been so nice to have a steady group of peeps to talk to! I love reading eveyone's updates and I can't wait till we start seeing some BFPs!

Hey ladies - how is everyone doing?

AFM - I am 7dpo and am spotting. I know that most people get excited about IB when I type that but I don't think it is anything to excited about. I have spotted early for the last two cycles (9dpo and 7dpo) and so it is most likely just a warning that AF is on the way.

So - I'm off to the drs next week to get the results of my scan interpreted and to speak to her about my pre AF spotting and (potential) short LP (last cycle it was 9 days).

Typical that my cycle is stupidly long but my LP is stupidly short.... ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->