Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Hey hun,

Just carrying on temping and waiting for.. anything to come along. AF, OV, PG, results of my tests....

Hope your GP gives you some answers next week.

Well I am so glad your are DPO now Struth thats great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your spotting is good news and NOT bad news :)

I am just plodding at CD14! I am seriously hoping that I O this weekend even know I have been having LONG cycles! I have been taking my Vitex and everything and I have been having LOT's of cm this week although not EWCM. But I noticed and increased sex drive and also a few twinges in my lower right side today and just so happens I am going to visit DH tonight so I am seriously hoping I that these signs are all because I AM ovulating and not just in my head!
I am new to charting and just wondering about O dips??
While I had AF my temp was around 36.2
It then dropped down to 35.8
Then slowly made it's way back up to 36.2 over a few days
Then this morning it had dropped to 35.8 again..
Is that a good sign????? Before AF I took my temp randomly one morning and it was 36.6 So I am assuming that thats what it will go up to after O..
Is it normal for temps to range from 35.8 - 36.2 before O????
Its all a bit confusing to me!!!

Well I am so glad your are DPO now Struth thats great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your spotting is good news and NOT bad news :)

I am just plodding at CD14! I am seriously hoping that I O this weekend even know I have been having LONG cycles! I have been taking my Vitex and everything and I have been having LOT's of cm this week although not EWCM. But I noticed and increased sex drive and also a few twinges in my lower right side today and just so happens I am going to visit DH tonight so I am seriously hoping I that these signs are all because I AM ovulating and not just in my head!
I am new to charting and just wondering about O dips??
While I had AF my temp was around 36.2
It then dropped down to 35.8
Then slowly made it's way back up to 36.2 over a few days
Then this morning it had dropped to 35.8 again..
Is that a good sign????? Before AF I took my temp randomly one morning and it was 36.6 So I am assuming that thats what it will go up to after O..
Is it normal for temps to range from 35.8 - 36.2 before O????
Its all a bit confusing to me!!!

Completely normal! Have a look at my chart (click on the ticker below). My pre-O temps range quite a bit too (they are in Fahrenheit - but you get the picture!). It is difficult to say whether your dip is an O dip - you can only tell from temping once the temps have shifted and have stayed shifted. As you can see in my chart, I had quite a few dips but it took quite a while to get the O!

Hope that this is your O though! Keep us posted!

My temp dropped yesterday, back up today, loads of EWCM and am as randy as a randy thing........

WLB - all sounds very normal. Everything crossed big O turns up this weekend.

I forgot to take my temp this morning!!!:dohh:

Ohh well.. Had a lovely night with DH last night anyway...

So I was really naughty today and brought my FIRST baby buys!!

Don't you think that after 7 months of trying for a baby and not buying one thing that I have done pretty well lol!

I just exploded today with a shopping bug haha!

IMG_0627.jpg

Have you ladies brought any baby stuff yet?

I was thinking up untill now that I would jinx myself if I brought stuff but I changed my mind and decided that it's positive thinking.. Buying stuff for my future baby gives me hope!!!

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone today?

wouldluvabub - I haven't bought anything yet but I know what I want as soon as I get that BFP from the buggy to the cot and I even have loads of ideas about how I am going to do the nursery and have all the websites bookmarked lol. Anything that makes you feel positive has to be good. Did you get your temp rise this morning? Where about in Australia are you?

Fluffette - did you get your O this weekend?

Struth - you must be about 10 dpo how are you getting on? After my strange weekend last weekend I actually o'd on Tuesday so I am 6dpo today and just dreaming of a BFP. Fx'd for you.

Trishg - how are you getting on?

Yeah I already have heaps of ideas for the nursery as well!!! :) I picked out a nappy bag that I want too :) No I didn't get my temp rise but that's ok! I'll just keep on bd'ing hoping to catch the egg!!! I am in Victoria

It's great that you O'd!!! It would be so amazing if both you and Struth got your BFP! Can't help but admit that I wold be jealous! lol

Hi ladies - I'm good. Am currently 10dpo and am still spotting but no AF as yet. I'm so pleased about that as I am going to bed soon and when I wake I will be 11 dpo and so the LP will be past the 10 days. :happydance: So relieved I can't tell you! Even if I don't get a bfp this cycle (which incidentally FF says I should be testing for tomorrow as I would usually have AF by tomorrow - not sure whether I will test or not)- at least I have increased my LP. Now I just need to work out how to stop the spotting.....:dohh:

Wouldluvabub - I haven't bought anything yet and tbh I haven't really looked either. I did have a brief look at pushchairs/buggies but I got so confused by all the different ones that I figured I would come back to that when needed! I guess I'm like you were and just don't want to tempt fate at the moment.

MrsBea - glad to hear that you O'd! That is great news! I wonder whether your bleed was some sort of pre-ovulation bleed then? Who knows. As I said before I sometimes spot randomly pre-O. Perhaps it is just with long cycles we get quite a build up and it has to come away a little bit? So you are 6dpo! Do you plan to test or just wait until you are late?

Fluffette - any news?

And how are the other ladies out there?

Doing well over here. Currently taking Provera to start a new cycle since I did not O last cycle. Moving on to 100 mg of clomid. I did find out that my progesterone levels last month were only .21 on CD 23! They need them to be at least 10 (sometimes at least 15 with a medicated cycle) to ovulate. So that was pretty disheartening. But hopefully the 100 mg will get me where we need to be.

I don't dare buy any baby stuff. The only thing I did do is purchase what to expect when you are expecting :haha:

Hey,

I stopped BC on March 27th so my cycle is not normal and I also have PCOS so it might not ever be normal. I'm on day 45, my temp dropped yesterday and is up high today so I'm hoping!! Had EWCM yesterday and increased CM the day before :sex: both days because I was feeling frisky. If my temp stays high I'll go get a blood test done. I've got recurring progesterone tests so I know if I did ovulate or not.

I've got so much to learn! I had no idea about all of this until 2 months ago!

One question though. When I get the blood test results about the progesterone... what numbers am I looking for? What number means that I did ovulate?
The Dr. had to rush off for an emergency surgery when I saw her on Friday so I didn't get to ask.

struth, that is GREAT news! Im crossing my fingers its your BFP on the way but like you said, even if its not as least your LP is longer!

MrsBea, hooray for ovulating! That is great news!!! hope you caught that egg

Trish, Im glad they are uping your clomid dosage, hope 100 mg works great for you!

no news here, just started spotting and will need to call tomorrow to schedule an HSG for next week which Im NOT looking forward too, just praying I have open tubes and that it doesnt hurt too bad.

Doing well over here. Currently taking Provera to start a new cycle since I did not O last cycle. Moving on to 100 mg of clomid. I did find out that my progesterone levels last month were only .21 on CD 23! They need them to be at least 10 (sometimes at least 15 with a medicated cycle) to ovulate. So that was pretty disheartening. But hopefully the 100 mg will get me where we need to be.

I don't dare buy any baby stuff. The only thing I did do is purchase what to expect when you are expecting :haha:

I got that book too Trishg21 - bought it when we first started TTC and then put it away in a cupboard when I realised that it might not be so easy!

Glad to hear that you are moving on to a new cycle. Bring on the 100mg!! I hope it works for you this time round x

Evening Ladies,

How is everyone getting on today?

Struth - How are you getting on? did you test or have you been strong? So pleased you have managed to extend you LP.

Wouldluvabub - I grew up in Melbourne but moved to the UK about 11 years ago, I miss the weather over there at times lol.

Reba - I have been off BCP since November and also have PCOS and it seems this month that I am going to have a 29 day cycle so there is hope it might just take a while. Sorry I don't know about the numbers in the test results.

Trish - Hopefully the higher dose will do the trick. Glad they are moving along so swiftly though.

Missangie - Good luck with your HSG next week I really hope it is all ok.:flower:

Thanks MrsBea! Glad to know there is hope!
I'll give the Dr. office a call to get the answer when the time comes :)

Missangie - I dread the blocked tubes - we're giving it a go without having an x-ray done. Because I've had surgery on my ovaries, the Dr was going to order the test to see if my tubes are blocked, but decided to wait a few months and see what happens.

Thanks MrsBea! Glad to know there is hope!
I'll give the Dr. office a call to get the answer when the time comes :)

Missangie - I dread the blocked tubes - we're giving it a go without having an x-ray done. Because I've had surgery on my ovaries, the Dr was going to order the test to see if my tubes are blocked, but decided to wait a few months and see what happens.

I wish I had a choice! My dr is requiring it before he will give me clomid. I guess I will be happy to just know what the outcome is. Very nervous though the more I think about it :wacko:

what kind of surgery did you have??

struth, Im dying to know if you have tested or if AF has came or if you are still in the 2WW!

missangie,

Two years ago I had a bilateral ovarian cystectomy (not sure of the spelling). The same Gynecologist I'm seeing now did the surgery. She removed three dermoid cysts from my left ovary and one or two in my right. The size was up to 12cm so it was a major surgery. I'm thinking she'll require the x-ray testing before we go on fertility meds. She said to try over the summer and if nothing happens we'll look into more options. She suspects that I'm not ovulating as it has been 46 days since my last cycle. I think I might have in the last few days but I'm not sure.

She has put us on the fast track because I have another dermoid in my left ovary and we really want kids. She would rather not do surgery and risk the ovary.

I came off my pill (microgynon) in July last year after being on it about 15 years as we wanted to try for a baby but nobody told me how hard it is. I stopped my pill half way through the pack and then had an initial bleed then no period until December, then I was on for a week and still nothing after 45 days? Its so frustrating because I don't know when Im fertile so trying for a baby is sooo hard and Im so broody! and to top it off my best friend is pregnant and she wasnt even trying! has this happened to anyone else, is this normal?

missangie,

Two years ago I had a bilateral ovarian cystectomy (not sure of the spelling). The same Gynecologist I'm seeing now did the surgery. She removed three dermoid cysts from my left ovary and one or two in my right. The size was up to 12cm so it was a major surgery. I'm thinking she'll require the x-ray testing before we go on fertility meds. She said to try over the summer and if nothing happens we'll look into more options. She suspects that I'm not ovulating as it has been 46 days since my last cycle. I think I might have in the last few days but I'm not sure.

She has put us on the fast track because I have another dermoid in my left ovary and we really want kids. She would rather not do surgery and risk the ovary.

Wow Reba, what a scary thing to go through! :hugs: Are you doing OPKs or temping to see if you are ovulating? I am rooting for you 100%!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->