Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Thanks for the welcomes :thumbup:
on CD29 now and still nothing to report :(

Have you started charting already or are you waiting for AF before you do? I hope she comes soon for you (or indeed not at all and you get a 9 month break!).

I've just ordered a new BBT thermometer so will start when that comes, hopefully AF will show by then but im not holding my breath it would be a miracle if they returned to normal that quick!

hope your all doing ok ladies :)

Good luck with the charting Heidi :)

Thanks struth, I'm so glad I found people who understand what I'm going through. My friend's comments have been "you're just lucky to not get your period, it's such a hassle" They don't know we are trying so I can't talk about that with them either!

I'll go in on Monday and get the blood test to see if I did ovulate. I was going to go yesterday but then got really disappointed with the low temperature. CD49 now and it's back to it's old pattern I think.

Trishg21 I would love to hear about the Provera. I've been instructed to take that every 2months if no period. Any insight is helpful! :)

Trishg21 I would love to hear about the Provera. I've been instructed to take that every 2months if no period. Any insight is helpful! :)

I was given norethisterone which is the same sort of thing as provera and it seemed to do the trick for me after not having a period for 150+ days! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing?

Reba - I geared up to ovulate on the Saturday with everything pointing to it but I actually ovulated on the Tuesday so if I was you I would keep bd'ing because it could still be coming. Good Luck:flower:.

Struth - I have got my paperwork through from the hospital (about a week after seeing the doctor) and it says it will be 6 to 12 weeks after they get the paperwork back that my appointment will be but I have to go for day 2 and 21 bloods first and my Dh has to go for 2 SA's so I think it will be 2 months at the shortest before my app at the actual hospital. I think my doctor has done the same as you and pushed me through with the PCOs rather than waiting for the infertility. Also forgot to say B vitamins are meant to help extend the LP, I think it was the B-vits in the sucroguard that have made my LP 11 days or more since I have had a cycle.

Heidi - good luck I hope AF arrives soon hun.

Good advice MrsBea I was thinking that was it for me. We'll get back to BD'ing and hope for the best. Today is 3 days past when I thought I should have OV'd based on my CM. Either way, we're off to the gym tonight!

Struth - I looked up my BMI and mine is way higher than yours. I've set a goal to lose 40 lbs by the end of the summer. It's still not great but that would be a huge help. I was looking up information on PCOS last night and the single greatest thing I can do to help regulate my cycle is to lose weight.

Hope everyone had a good day! Bring on the weekend :)

So Provera is basically a synthetic progesterone. Progesterone basically controls your cycles. For instance if you do not have a progesterone level of at least 10 you are unlikely to ovulate therefore unlikely to start your period. Provera mimics the progesterone rise that you would normally have during your cycle. After taking you final dose of Provera you body will essentially withdraw from it and this will cause you period to start.

I think I might have messed up with it last cycle though. I only took one pill and then stopped taking it. I did this because we were going to be having a house guest right during ovulation time and I wanted to make is as comfortable as possible as we live in an apartment. Needless to say I did not understand how provera worked and thought only taking 1 pill would not start a new cycle. But it did. 2 days later I got AF and then on my CD 23 my progesterone was a very pathetic .21. I believe that I did not take enough of the synthetic progesterone to get my hormones into a healthy place in order to make its OWN progesterone. That might just be a theory though :haha: We'll see! I took my last Provera pill yesterday so I should start a new cycle tomorrow or the next day.

Hope that helps!

Hello ladies! Glad to see everyone is doing well!!!! Me.. I'm not doing so well!!! My week DID improve.. only to go back down hill again :wacko:

But anyways.. I was positive that I was ovulating on Thursday.. I have a thing called maybe baby that tracks saliva and can tell you when your ovulating.. Anyways I keep forgetting to do it and it works best if you do it in the morning. SO I did that Thursday for the first time and it showed ferns which means ovulation!! I was so excited as DH was due home Thursday and that ment we wouldn't miss O! I had EWCM and everything.!!! Woke up Friday morning and had a temp rise and was SOOOO happy...:happydance: THEN I wake up this morning and my temp has dropped again.. :cry: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BODY!!!!I am getting so annoyed with my stupid body and it's stupid cycles!!

Anyways now DH and I are arguing once again because he went out without telling me and has left me home alone to do nothing when he promised we would spend this weekend together! :growlmad: I am just so over this week! I want it to end.. I am sick of feeling unhappy..

Oh and on the work front.. My boss said sorry to me and we sorted things out today. But I did go and get everything organized and set myself up a salon at home! So now I can do clients here! Only thing I don't have is a basin for washing hair! But that's a bit tricky to have so I doubt I'll get that!

Got the slow cooker on today! Cooking some lamb chops in honey and soy sauce with a bit of garlic! They smell really lovely! I can't wait to eat them :thumbup:

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

wouldluvabub that's totally what happened to me!! Had all the signs and then after it was all said and done my temp dropped. UGH I totally agree SORT yourself out silly body!!
That sounds like such a wonderful dinner!! MMM and I'm just heading to bed LOL - Glad things worked out for you at work (sorta) and that you got set up to work from home. Hope your DH smartens up soon ;) usually it takes me breaking down and crying because I'm so upset for him to figure things out. Men sheesh!

Night all!

wouldluvabub that's totally what happened to me!! Had all the signs and then after it was all said and done my temp dropped. UGH I totally agree SORT yourself out silly body!!
That sounds like such a wonderful dinner!! MMM and I'm just heading to bed LOL - Glad things worked out for you at work (sorta) and that you got set up to work from home. Hope your DH smartens up soon ;) usually it takes me breaking down and crying because I'm so upset for him to figure things out. Men sheesh!

Night all!

Yeah he is just being really selfish at the moment!!! So I am trying out the guilt trip! lol...:haha: How annoying are our bodies!!!!! Anyways good night!!!

Hi ladies! I'm on cd11 now. First cycle after bcp. Temp dropped this morning so going to try an opk later. No ewcm though. It is changing down there. I can feel it. Did bf last night and woke up with a dull ache next to my belly button. I know it's too soon but it's nice to imagine sometimes!! :) hope you all doing well today

anti- I really hope it happens that quickly for you!!! I wish it would happen for me.. I am sick of waiting!!

Little update ladies I REALLY think I might have O'ed!! I haven't temped because I wanted to just spend hubbies weekend off relaxing and not paying to much attention but I had lot's of EWCM today so I will be waiting for a temp rise! Ohh I truly hope I have O'd even if we don't get our BFP just this confirmation of O will be a big plus for me! AND if I did O we well and truly have it covered ;)

How is everyone else????

Thanks wouldluvabub. Hope you o'd!! I know what you mean about wanting to o. Once I know I've o'd I'll feel so much better. Had a big drop in temp this morning. Biggest drop yet!! No ewcm though so hoping that will happen this week!! Fx'd for all of us!!!

ahhhhh... CD23... If I have O'd today it will make it my shortest cycle since coming off BC 7 months ago!

Just posted on your journal. Really hoping you o'd and you caught it to!! Fx'd for you!! Xx

Oh I really REALLY hope you've o'd and caught it!

Update from me - Dr has just phoned with my results, my hormones are all within normal range, nothing desperately seriously wrong. The ratio suggests a possibility of mild PCOS but it's not significant, so off for a referral to gynae. Actually crying with relief. So glad there's nothing really bad there.

Off the phone 2 mins, I rang DH and then came here! lol

xx

Glad to hear that your hormones are okay Fluffette - that must be a huge relief! Did the Dr. give you your numbers relating to the hormones? I was just wondering what they meant by 'possibility of mild PCOS'?

Isn't it funny how different drs are different? Mine would only refer me when she found something wrong. If I hadn't had dodgy hormones, I wouldn't have got my scan and if they hadn't found something on my scan, I wouldn't have been referred to the gynae. Perhaps it is just mine!!!

Glad to hear that your hormones are okay Fluffette - that must be a huge relief! Did the Dr. give you your numbers relating to the hormones? I was just wondering what they meant by 'possibility of mild PCOS'?

Isn't it funny how different drs are different? Mine would only refer me when she found something wrong. If I hadn't had dodgy hormones, I wouldn't have got my scan and if they hadn't found something on my scan, I wouldn't have been referred to the gynae. Perhaps it is just mine!!!

No I didn't ask - I was too excited and relieved after I heard "all within the normal range" - it is really strange how different doctors do things differently. I have friends at other practices in the town who haven't even had blood tests until they had been trying for 12 months.

I'm guessing she means my LH/FSH ratio isn't 1:1 but not quite 2:1 or 3:1 I'll ask when I see my gynae. Right now I'm just excited to be almost normal. First time for everything!

Morning all! Glad you had a great weekend wouldluveabub - anti hope the O is coming for you!

My weekend went by so fast. Gym on Friday was great and we're headed there again tonight. Just couldn't wake up enough this am to drag myself to the clinic for a blood test - I'm like 99% sure I didn't OV though so oh well. Once I now for sure I didn't OV I'm planning to take the dose of Provera.

struth - I was thinking this weekend about the red herrings you were suggesting earlier. I'm wondering if they are the body trying to OV but getting stuck and creating the pcos cyst in the ovary. I'm not sure if this is the case and I'll bring it up with my gynecologist late August when I see her again. Just thought I'd share my musings :)

fluffette - my blood work is all in the 'normal' range as well. She wouldn't have been able to diagnose me with pcos if she hadn't done surgery 2 years ago. I'm thinking I'm on the mild side - even if I'm not I'm still thinking that because positive thinking is key!

Hope everyone is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->