Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

The day before my birthday! I'm due 28th Feb, fortunately we're usually past the worst of the winter weather by then. Don't fancy getting snowed in!

Counting the days until 12 weeks when I can finally tell folk - finding it hard to sit on this secret. How are you doing? Other than occasional car sickness and period like pains I am in fine form. Finally starting to believe it.

I'm doing good! Definitely have a few AF like cramps that send me running to the bathroom to check for spotting but so far none! I like to think that embryo is just getting nice and snug in there.

I'm also really tired. I've had to take naps the past 2 days. Should be really interesting since I start my summer schedule at work which is 6:45am - 3:00pm. SO early. At least I'll have time to take a nap though.

I'm counting the weeks too. I've only told 2 people. My mom and one of my good infertility friends who actually got her BFP this month too. Our due dates are around a week apart so we are pretty stoked about that.

Have you snuck into First Tri yet?

Not sure what made ne pop on here but so glad I did....Trish-congratulations! So pleased to see you news. I hope that your little bean is snuggling deep and stays put for another eight months. Thinking of you x

Not sure what made ne pop on here but so glad I did....Trish-congratulations! So pleased to see you news. I hope that your little bean is snuggling deep and stays put for another eight months. Thinking of you x

Thank you Struth! So sweet of you. How have you been? Looks like your little one is almost done cooking!

So rang the drs today to get results of 21 day bloods, the lab hasn't sent the results:wacko: Going to ring again tomorrow. Will hold off testing until I know if I've ov, no point getting my hopes up for nothing.

I'm doing good! Definitely have a few AF like cramps that send me running to the bathroom to check for spotting but so far none! I like to think that embryo is just getting nice and snug in there.

I'm also really tired. I've had to take naps the past 2 days. Should be really interesting since I start my summer schedule at work which is 6:45am - 3:00pm. SO early. At least I'll have time to take a nap though.

I'm counting the weeks too. I've only told 2 people. My mom and one of my good infertility friends who actually got her BFP this month too. Our due dates are around a week apart so we are pretty stoked about that.

Oh yes the exhaustion - that's fun. It's fine at the moment as the kids I childmind are at school 9-3, but from next week they are off on holidays.

I've not ventured into first tri no, the last time I was pregnant I popped over but found it all pretty daunting. Have you?

So rang the drs today to get results of 21 day bloods, the lab hasn't sent the results:wacko: Going to ring again tomorrow. Will hold off testing until I know if I've ov, no point getting my hopes up for nothing.

Oh Amelia, that just sucks. Hope you get your results tomorrow :hugs:

So drs rang back with 21 day blood results,said my progesterone levels was 0.3. That means I didn't ov right? What should it have been? So disappointed

Is there any point doing a test or should I just begin provera again to bring on af??

I'm not sure exactly what that means-I think mine was 1 last time which was low so I can only assume it means you didn't ovulate. I can't stress enough how that is my very unprofessional interpretation and by no means anything to go by! Your doctor really should be telling you your plan of action, if I were you I'd insist on seeing her/him for direction. Doesn't sound like you're getting much support hun and you really need it.

I feel as if I'm just let loose, am ringing them tomorrow. On my last appointment the dr told me to take clomid 50mg for three cycles but surely if my progest was so low 50mg is not enough, I am going to suggest they increase the dosage as I know you can only take clomid for so many cycle?Hows things going with you?

Yes you should definitely call them, they should provide clear instructions with the proverb too. I've finished my course of clomid last Monday but I'm convinced it hasn't worked. I've had a really really stressful week at work and I'm amusing that will impact it. Does anyone know of stress can affect clomid? I've been doing ovulation tests and no positive yet and have decided not to do anymore as that is also stressing me out! Think I'm going to try accupuncture.

Sorry for typos-I'm on my phone. I meant provera and assuming, not proverb and amusing!

Oh yes the exhaustion - that's fun. It's fine at the moment as the kids I childmind are at school 9-3, but from next week they are off on holidays.

I've not ventured into first tri no, the last time I was pregnant I popped over but found it all pretty daunting. Have you?

Yeah, I just can't help myself. I get too excited. I had my blood drawn to test my HCG today so I am very excited to get the results tomorrow. My test get darker and darker everyday so I am feeling very good.

So drs rang back with 21 day blood results,said my progesterone levels was 0.3. That means I didn't ov right? What should it have been? So disappointed

Is there any point doing a test or should I just begin provera again to bring on af??

I'm sorry hun :( Sadly 0.3 is a non ovulatory progesterone level. On a medicated cycle they like to see a progesterone level above 12 to be considered an ovulatory cycle. Your doctor NEEDS to up your dosage. If you did not respond to 50mg this month, you won't next month. You need to be upped to 100mg. I am sorry about this bad news. I didn't respond to 50 mg either. I had to go to 100mg to ovulate. Insist on a higher dosage.

Rang the gynae clinic today and got through to a lovely receptionist. As there was no dr on call she told me to go see my own dr tomorrow so I've made an appointment for tomorrow. Hopefully they'll increase my dosage of clomid to 100mg.:shrug:

Nothing to report. Meant with my gp today and she has told me to take clomid 50mg for another cycle, if it hasn't worked on the second cycle she will increase it to 100mg.:thumbup:

Af today :flower: Cd1 bring on round 2 of clomid

Wishing you the best of luck hun! Did they increase your dosage?

No the doc wants to try 50mg again for this cycle and to be more observant of cm instead of simply going by day 21 to get bloods. Ie - if I see creamy cm add 7 days and hopeful get progest levels better this time :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->