• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pre Christmas Meet Up - Friday 3rd December :D

oh and yasmin from our area its easiest to get the bus from southside with pushchairs caus all the rail and tube stations have stairs or escalators rather than lifts so we could go together

ah ok, good plan x

Can anyone help me with logistics? If i go to euston will the tube stations i need be accessible with a buggy?

There's a good website that tells you about accessibility. If you search for a station, it tells you about steps, escalators, slopes and gap between platform and train - https://www.directenquiries.com/

ETA - I think you have to choose London Underground before choosing the station.

I find people are generally pretty good about offering to help with buggies. You may need to wait a little bit but someone will generally offer.

Most tube stations are pretty rubbish on accessibility but the shopping mall is a new one or newly renovated so hopefully it would be better.

My local one is accessible but the elevators have been broken for a good 65% of the time since I moved there. Nice. Lucky I'm reasonably strong.

Can anyone help me with logistics? If i go to euston will the tube stations i need be accessible with a buggy?

Oh I'm just looking at the tube station maps, do you have to go to Euston? I think it looks quite complicated from there. Are you near a tube or railway station? If you let me know which one, I'll see if there's a better option.

Type in TFL in Google and it'll bring up the London Underground website.. if you go to the advanced options in the Journey Planner bit (on the right hand side of the page), you can choose various options, for example, no stairs etc :)

Oh I'm just looking at the tube station maps, do you have to go to Euston? I think it looks quite complicated from there. Are you near a tube or railway station? If you let me know which one, I'll see if there's a better option.

The train from npton goes into euston. I'm rubbish at journey planning unless it involves the northern line as that's what i use for work :blush:

I'll have a proper look once i get my pc from my mum's!

i don't think ill bother with a buggy this time, just take the ergo and hope my back is feeling strong!

i cant wait! :D

If you walk to Kings Cross they have a lift. And it is usually working. Can't remember if Euston does or not. But people are often nicer than you think about helping with prams (unless it a monster sized one).

If you walk to Kings Cross they have a lift. And it is usually working. Can't remember if Euston does or not. But people are often nicer than you think about helping with prams (unless it a monster sized one).

when we last went to london i was ASTONISHED to find that people were so helpful with the buggy, lifting it on and off trains!
i was walking around thanking everyone in total shock that people in london were helpful!! sounds mean but i really expected people to be ignorant!

when we last went to london i was ASTONISHED to find that people were so helpful with the buggy, lifting it on and off trains!
i was walking around thanking everyone in total shock that people in london were helpful!! sounds mean but i really expected people to be ignorant!

I've found that lots of people can be quite rude but if you need help with a buggy, smile at a man in a suit and they'll always help! I've had younger people trying to push past me on the stairs though and mutter about me being too slow... err hello, I'm carrying a buggy on my hip you moron!

yeah, most people are quite nice.
i have been on a train before, but not on a tube and that scares me a little. im fine on my own but with harrison its difficult. I might get the train then a bus... saves me relying on people lifting the pram all the time, buses are easy! x

Oww man my new pram is a monster :rofl: [so both children can face me :blush: ]

Thinking about it... i could put my pram into snow mode and just use 2 wheels for the steps!!! Makes carrying it easier...hmmm...

Ohh snow mode sounds intriguing!

I could carry Alden and push Caitlyn but that'll be hassle rewrapping him etc...hmm. I think I'll take my pram and just ask for help :haha:

yeah, most people are quite nice.
i have been on a train before, but not on a tube and that scares me a little. im fine on my own but with harrison its difficult. I might get the train then a bus... saves me relying on people lifting the pram all the time, buses are easy! x

I find trains more difficult than the tube - the gap between the platform and the train are usually smaller on the tube.

Maybe if we all listed the ways that we'll be getting there, anybody who's a bit nervous could see if anybody else is coming the same way and partner up? It's much easier to cope if you're not on your own - I have no problem looking stupid when somebody is with me but on my own I get scared :rofl:

I think I'll be going from Raynes Park Railway station to Clapham Junction and then on to Shepherd's Bush.

^^ Me too rachel! ALthough i also get worried that i will mess up infront of someone, im much calmer on my own :rofl:

I will get there, by hook or by crook (what on earth does that even mean?! Im turning into my mother!!!) x

what pram have you got! snow mode!!
that sounds interesting!!!

Wish i could come :( but a single to london is £31 and a return back is £91!!! And no day returns for the day :(

Wish i could be in secret santa too... :(

Wish you girlies lived up north! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"