Precious Pumpkins... Due in October

Congratulations, How are you all doing now?

TEAM :yellow: turned to TEAM :blue:!!!!

Merreck Dennis Gregory Pate was born October 13th at 13:44 weighing 9lbs 11oz, 21.75 inches long.

i've been suffering from PPD... sorry for the LATE update. :flow:

Dawn - I try not to force lily into a routine because I think at 10 weeks old she doesn't really need one (fair enough for parents who are able to work they may need one) but the only sort of routine lily has is bath then bottle then bed, we do this at about 11pm (she has a bottle every 3-4 hours during the day up to this time and sleeps when ever she wants) it does seem late but once she's in bed she sleeps straight threw until 9 and has a bottle straight away and then will often go back to sleep until 10-11 ish, gotta say I do love my lie ins :winkwink: and it seems so does lily! :haha:
We just go by her cues and because we co-sleep I get some lovely lily cuddles :cloud9:

So yes her bed time does seem late but like I said she will sleep on and off leading up to it but her sttn benefits us all, if I was tired I don't think I could be as good as a parent as I can be :thumbup:

We have bath at 6:30 bed at 8. Then bottle at 10 and recently thats been it unti 4. then she'll sleep til about 7 then about 9. We dont have a routine as such except the bed time one, she sleeps most of the day and I feed her when she wants it :)

I'm doing much better thanks for asking:) It was a rough road for the first month and everyday is getting better. I'm feeling almost 100% again. My mom and husband have been nothing short of amazing, mom even took 2 unplanned weeks off of work. Merreck sleeps soo well at night too which has helped me recover so much. I'm one of those people who cant nap during the day.

Dawn, I went to Nct classes, so met up with the group yesterday, so was a postnatal thing. was so good to see everyone's babies and hear how they get on, though we are all in touch on fbook. Was my first coffee outing, went well. He did cry a bit because he was tired but was very easy to handle, so I feel I'm over that hurdle.
I'm not a shy person, I think I'm lazy lol I love staying in.with the baby and watching movies and having visitors.
But the hv seems insistent that I'll like my sure start centre so I will make the effort. Shame we don't live near each other, I'd of gone with you :)

Well it's 7:30 am in my house and both children are sleeping - maybe it's my christmas miracle early? I can't complain, little Nathan is such a good sleeper, going to bed around 9pm and up again to eat between 6 - 9am. It's so nice to have that full night sleep. We've been so busy here with play groups and classes for my older child and holiday preparation that it's been tough to find time to relax. I'll be happy to have the hustle and bustle of the holidays over and back to our little family routine soon. So, just thought I'd take a minute or two to catch up on everyone and wish you all a merry christmas while I enjoy a nice cup of HOT coffee that hasn't been re-heated 4 times! Take care ladies!

Hope everyone is ready for Christmas?
Alice is starting to sleep through the night with just 1 wake up for feeding but last night she slept the whole night from 11-8:30! It's the best Christmas present.

We're still breastfeeding and although I've had mastitis twice and thrush, we've got it sussed :thumbup:

Happy Christmas to all our pumpkins out there, have a lovely time with your little one's.
Here is a picture of santas little helper (be it a miserable helper when it was taken!)
:xmas6::xmas9::xmas16:

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 7
Merry 1st Christmas with your babies :xmas6:

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/PhotoGrid_1356381133867.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Attachments

• Collage.jpg
    Collage.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi

Hope everyone had a great first Xmas with their babies. :happydance:

I think flint may be starting to teeth? He keeps blowing bubbles and has started to b quite difficult to settle at night after bring pretty good. Before he was going to bed somewhere between 8 & 9 and woke at 1 and 5 and 7idh but now he's taking about an hour to go to sleep, lots of whining and crying once we put him in cot. He wants to be held it seems as sound asleep in my arms then wakes the minute you lay him down. Same again through the night so when we get up in the night we can be up for an hour trying to settle him. Lately I have just got up at the 5/6 feed a its easier then trying to fight if. He will go back to sleep in his swing after about 30 mins downstairs.
I just think that he may be in a bit of pain with teething as they can start quite early.

As for groups I go to one every Tuesday and the girls are all really friendly nd it's good to know your not the only one with. Sleep deprivation etc :thumbup:

We start swim babies in a couple of weeks which I'm really looking forward to. It's quite expensive but I think it will be worth it.

What little routine we did have going (2 naps and feeding 4 hourly at last) went out the window over the last 2 weeks with visitors and visiting people over Xmas. So I'm going to try and get flint back to 4 hourly feeds (6oz) as that really helped him through the night.
Do you have bigger bottles,same or smaller through the night? I've read lots of sleep books and each one has a different suggestion to get baby to sleep longer, it's confusing. Think I will start to use hungry baby milk for night feeds to serif that helps
:hugs:

Happy New Year all,

hope you all had a lovely christmas.

Issac's routine went a little out the window at christmas in terms of day time naps etc and he got quite overtired with all the new faces (went to see Dh family who he had not seen since 4 weeks and it was a long drive and three nights away from home) but we tried to keep a routine as much as we could and we found he still slept through the night, but did have a slightly later bedtime and bottle than he would have done at home. Issac sleeps through the night now at home (7:30 - 6 / 6:30) so does not have a nighttime feed but he stocks up in the day taking 6 ounces every 3 hours so he gets the right amount of milk he needs :flower: if he ever does not take all those feeds in the day (which is rare) he will wake earlier say 5 am for a feed.

I also wonder if he may be starting to teeth but realise he is still quite young, he seems very dribbly and keeps poking his tongue in and out and he has been rather grumpy today.... he may have just found his tongue and realised he can move it around hence the dribbling or it may be teeth on the way... guess time will tell.

I was very brave lol and went to a baby group on Friday and it was lovely, very small group (only 4 mums and babies) but the eldest was 7 months, then Isaac and another baby born the same day (his mum recognised me from the ward) and an 8 week old baby (all boys)..... the mum's were lovely and conversation flowed well. Isaac was as tall as the 7 month old and was double the size of the baby born on the same day as him!. Really hoping we may form some nice friendships in this group.

Isaac continues to hate tummy time and screams when we try it, but he holds his head really well so i am not overly concerned.

we have our 6 - 8 week check on Monday when i get to find out how much our chunky monkey weighs and also i can ask questions re my own health since birth (i am still very sore and bruised feeling especially after dtd and walking / standing a while!), may all be normal but may be worth mentioning.
I also have an appointment with the anaesatist on Tuesday to discuss the after effects of my epidural and see if there is any hope things may improve, i hope there is!.

We are going to view a nursery on Monday too, i am not looking forward to that as it makes the idea of returning to work and leaving Issac all the more real!, though i don't need to go back to work till August so i have some time yet.

How is life for all of you and your little one's?

Dawn xxx

Hello ladies,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years with their lo's. AFM: Haven't been on much as life has been quite hectic with all the girls home during the holidays. Older girls go back to school tomorrow and on Tuesday Natalie and I are flying across the country so that she can meet her grandparents for the first time. Worried about that but we shall see how it works out. Went away for the weekend with DH and all the girls to see how she would do away from home and that went well. Also took her swimming for the first time....baby bathing suits are simply adorable!

Sounds like everyone's lo's are doing magnificient!!! :flower:

Hi everyone, I'm so glad to hear how some of you are getting on. Its really nice to hear from you.

I feeling a very happy and proud parent today as Alice rolled over onto her back! I was completely surprised she did it although I've noticed she's been very strong on her front. She's been able to push up for a couple of weeks. I noticed she's trying to move her legs too in a crawling style so I don't think it'll be too long before she goes mobile :haha:

She sleeps well at night, usually 11pm-4/5 then feeds and back to sleep till 8:30-10am. I'm still breastfeeding so I do feed her to sleep, which I know might end up being a pain but I'll worry about that when I get there.

Luckily our 'routine' wasn't messed up at Christmas too much but I think that was because we didn't really travel too far.

I'll have to get on the computer and post a picture soon :cloud9:

Just thought I would check how everybody is doing?!

Elyssa is 6 months 2 weeks today and weighs 16lbs 12.5oz. She has 3 bottom teeth and loves to roll around the floor until she gets where she wants to be. She also loves to sit up and play with any other babies, obsessed with anyone under the age of 3! :haha:

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/399942_10151614607862318_710963143_n_zps914c8238.jpg

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/521815_10151597890327318_23021635_n_zps0a8f437f.jpg

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMG_0037_zps7a100689.jpg

Hi Mrs B,

Lovely to see pictures of Elyssa, she is gorgeous, i can't believe she has three teeth already, well done Elyssa - did teething bother her much?

Isaac is 6 months and one week (well on Saturday!) He is such a good boy, sleeps well (so far), sits unaided but hates tummy time so does not roll at all. He has no teeth yet but i am sure some are on their way. He is on three meals a day (we weaned at 5.5 months as he was so big and not being filled by his milk), he eats everything we eat and manages lumps and textures really well. He was weighed today and is 20 lb 14 ounces and fits 9-12 month clothes. He has found his voice recently and loves to 'shout', especially at 6 am :)

Here is my little (well actually large) man !

Attachments

• 5monthsbw.jpg
    5monthsbw.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 3
  • 5.5mth.jpg
    5.5mth.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
Wow he's doing well :) We are still in 3-6 clothes, Elyssa is quite petite looking, not sure who she gets that from!! haha

How does Issac find swimming? Does he enjoy it? I wish I had the confidence in myself to take Elyssa, but that's another story.

Great to hear from you :)

Awww Elyssa is so big :) and So is your son Dawn :)
Christopher is 6 months and 3 days old...his next check-up is on Monday...he probably weighs about 21lbs. He rolls everywhere he wants to go,sits up by himself(sorta) when I prop him up, he just scooted for a toy for the first time on the 23rd, and his second tooth just popped through the gums...
Hard to believe just little over 6 months ago we were all comparing pregnancies and how labor pains were feeling(except me...lol). Can't wait to see everyone at a year old :D :baby:

Attachments

• mommy and chris at the zoo.jpg
    mommy and chris at the zoo.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1
  • sweetslumber.jpg
    sweetslumber.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1
  • too cute.jpg
    too cute.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1
  • mommy love.jpg
    mommy love.jpg