Preconception appointment

M

Mrs Eleflump

Next week I have an appointment for preconception advice/counselling. It's mostly going to be related to my Sjogren's syndrome and vasculitis and the extra checks that will need to be done on the baby's heart, but I'm sure there will be more general stuff in there too.

I'm not really sure what to expect re length of appointment etc, hoping it'll be a decent length, though I can guarantee I'll forget to ask something, I always do!

I'm going to see an obstetrician for this, and I'm really nervous. He's apparently lovely, and really good - several of my medically qualified colleagues have been his patients, so if he is as good and as nice as everyone says, I'd like him to be my actual obstetrician when the time comes, as I'll need to be consultant-led rather than midwife-led, unless something spectacular happens and I have a permanent remission (not flippin' likely :growlmad:)!

It's just making it so much more real to me that soon we'll be TTC, after all this waiting and all the setbacks and worries we've had over the last few years. Wonderful and terrifying all at once!

im glad your time has come so exciting for you!! hopefully the doc will explain all. I will be ntnp from next summer so not far behind you.

Good luck, love!!! I can't wait to hear all about what they had to say! :) We are so close, this is the last step before we can get this show on the road! Fingers crossed for nothing but GOOD news! <3

Thank you, lovely ladies :) It's a bit surreal, now I only have 2 more AFs before we start trying, it kind of just feels like it won't really happen, somehow, we've waited so long, surely we can't really be almost there now?! You know what I mean? But hopefully soon all of us will have our long-awaited BFPs and then our LOs in our arms :)

I know what you mean, I feel the same! Like, wow, is it really just around the corner? Do I really want to do it! Argh cold feet! What's going to happen that delays us?

Exactly, Melly! It's scary and surreal to think this time next year I could have a tiny LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->