Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I'm on the last box on my ticker!

That's awesome :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thank you! I think I'm getting a little anxiety though, last c-section was scary, memories are coming back.

Don't say that!! I'm so wound up about the idea of having a c-section. Baby never changes position so i can't see him suddenly doing a handstand. I had a 4d scan this morning and it showed he has his head up really high, rested on my placenta like a pillow. The cord is floating right across his neck. I kind of don't even want him to attempt to turn with cord in such a position. Stress, stress, stress.

yeaaaa congrats mommy-michelle, i dream of the day i can carry to term

I'm on the last box on my ticker!

That's awesome :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thank you! I think I'm getting a little anxiety though, last c-section was scary, memories are coming back.

Don't say that!! I'm so wound up about the idea of having a c-section. Baby never changes position so i can't see him suddenly doing a handstand. I had a 4d scan this morning and it showed he has his head up really high, rested on my placenta like a pillow. The cord is floating right across his neck. I kind of don't even want him to attempt to turn with cord in such a position. Stress, stress, stress.

No, it's just general anxiety. We already had a full scan on Charlie's heart, so he doesn't have the defect that his brother had at birth, that was really the scary part of it all. I'm not alone this time either, lol , I have a full entourage going to the hospital with me! DH and MIL!

When you have as many sections as I have, you still get nervous before going into it. It is surgery and even though it's birth, you can't see what's going on down there, so you worry a little.

That and I'm highly independent, I stress on things not getting done, having to ask for everything, not being able to function as I normally would.

I'm the same. One of the reasons i don't want a c-section is i hate relying on other people and i don't want to miss ANYTHING with this baby after the last 2 were whisked away from me. I keep reading stories where mum's aren't given their babies until they get to recovery. That CAN NOT happen to me. I will freak out of i'm not handed the baby with in minutes of his arrival and not to hubby and then me...straight to me. I feel so possessive of this one. I'm going to be post-op mummy from hell!!

I'm the same. One of the reasons i don't want a c-section is i hate relying on other people and i don't want to miss ANYTHING with this baby after the last 2 were whisked away from me. I keep reading stories where mum's aren't given their babies until they get to recovery. That CAN NOT happen to me. I will freak out of i'm not handed the baby with in minutes of his arrival and not to hubby and then me...straight to me. I feel so possessive of this one. I'm going to be post-op mummy from hell!!

lol and you have every right to be a post op mommy from hell! I know I won't get to hold Charlie for at least an hour but DH is under strict orders to stay with him. The only reason I won't be able to have him right away is there are some concerns about possible scar tissue inside that might need to be taken care of, my tubes getting tied, and of course the fair warning they must give you... possible risk of increased bleeding being a repeat c-section.

So I really don't mind him not being in my arms during all that time, I know he'll be safe, I know DH will be there with him, and I know I'll see him before they take him away to the nursery for bathing and all that.

I have to keep in my head that it's only an hour or so, I WILL see him when they are done. I keep that in my head as much as I can. I have a feeling though when the day comes, I will have to ask for the anxiety meds in my IV. I think I will ask them, better safe than sorry and I really don't want an issue while they are busy working.

I keep in my head that there is a wonderful end to all this, my son and he is so much worth going through all this.

Besides, I don't think DH or MIL will leave him for a split second! :haha:

i've already given strict instructions that if i have a c-section, no-one is allowed to come to the hospital (other than hubby obviously) until i'm out of recovery, cleaned up and on the maternity ward. I want to be ready, comfortable (as much as possible) and had enough of a baby fix to be willing to let anyone else near him. You see? post-op mum from hell. My poor mother is going to be bursting to meet her new grandbaby but is going to have to wait and MIL isn't even going to be told i'm at hospital natural or c-section, until i'm ready for her to arrive. Last baby, i'm doing things my way...that is if he doesn't decide to come several weeks early of course.

I've decided no-ones coming to visit full stop! :rofl: Even if we do land in neonatal, im refusing the visitors passes.

Proper ill today, I've caught the cold and dreading giving it to Alex :( had such a rough sleep

I've decided no-ones coming to visit full stop! :rofl: Even if we do land in neonatal, im refusing the visitors passes.

Proper ill today, I've caught the cold and dreading giving it to Alex :( had such a rough sleep

Oh no, hope you're feeling better soon :flower:

One more week to go! This is going to be a long stressful week, I've only made it to one scheduled c-section but if he comes, he comes, we made it this far. Told DH I'll more than likely be on edge for the whole week but just deal with it and his normal wife will return soon!

here i am lurking again :blush:
@SB22 hope you feel better soon
@mommymichelle big congrats on last post on your ticker and section in a week
@anna_due i agree do things your way you deserve it:thumbup:

well ladies talk to you soon, luv this thread btw, 3rd tri is still to traumatic for me to browse for now :shrug:

These last few days are dragging! I am getting some quiet time though, which is pretty nice. Calm before the storm?

I'll try and update as soon as I can. Supposedly we have internet access and I'm taking the laptop but who knows with this hospital.

i cant wait to see pics of ur little man :)

is the furthest u have got in any of ur pregnancys? x

i cant wait to see pics of ur little man :)

is the furthest u have got in any of ur pregnancys? x

No, my oldest was born on her due date by c-section, got close to my due date with a couple of the others, Travis was the earliest.

I can't wait to see what he looks like! If he's going to look like his daddy or look like me, wonder if he'll have curly hair like the both of us did? Is he going to be laid back or demanding. Doesn't matter though... he's going to get here healthy, and not early! That's all that matters to me, he can run me ragged for all I care! So worth it.

I'm not even stressing about the c-section yet, hopefully I won't but I know when I get in the OR, it's all going to come back to me.

Dr Gassy Bubblehead said she was impressed that I got this far with my history and that she's proud that I beat all the odds. I've only been to her for this pregnancy and she doesn't like letting mamas have more than 3 sections, she's reconsidering that because of me.

:happydance: Not long now Michelle!!! I hope everything goes okay.

I am now 4 weeks more pregnant than I ever was with Reagan, and although I am tired from lack of sleep and aching in places I didn't know could ache, I feel pretty damn good...the cleaning thing has kicked in and I just want to clean everything and get ready for her to come...we should also be moving house in about 3 weeks, pretty rubbish timing, but am sure we will be okay :haha:

I hope everyone else is keeping well?

Doing very well, just very very tired... but very very happy that I am 37 weeks today! I can't wait to have my son in my arms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->