Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

@ youandme glad to hear you are back at home and big congrats on 35 + weeks, hope little one hangs in their for a little bit more and the pain is not to much

you ladies give me such inspiration to try again, if not for this formn i would never think about getting pregnant again

The innocence of pregnancy is taken away when you have had a preemie...and unless someone has been in that position they just don't get that.

I feel like I have held my breath all the way through this time, and I am so grateful to have got where I have, much to my complete and utter shock, I had fully prepared at around the 28-29 week mark that I could be back in the same position I was with Reagan, and now I count each day baby is cooking as a huge bonus.

I shake my head at myself when I think back to how naive I was first time around, expecting the perfect 40 week textbook pregnancy :dohh:

It is far from an easy ride, but when you look back at our little preemie fighter's...it is so worthwhile...and we are made so much stronger for the experience (although it doesn't feel like it at the time)

Big :hugs: I'm not going to say 'don't worry, you'll be fine this time'...because those words won't mean anything if that makes sesne...it's all about one day, one week at a time.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think we really appreciate what we have because we sat on the edge of it being taken away. Prem mum's rock :)

I feel really uncomfortable. I so badly want to get to at least 36 weeks but i'm not feeling very hopeful. I can feel the baby moving really low, like just above my pubic bone and i hurt so much like everything is loosening up ready and the bh which i've always had a lot of seem to be getting more frequent. I feel heaps of pressure too kind of in my bum. So nervous. If i had never had a prem i probably wouldn't think that much of it but i'm so desperate to have a baby that comes home from the hospital when i do, i feel paranoid. I know the prem warning signs..i'm not having regular tightenings, no plug loss etc but still...i kind of feel like my body is getting ready. Grr...it shouldn't be this hard.

:hugs: oh hun, maybe ring up triage and go and get checked over...thinking of you, please keep us updated.

I will if it gets any worse. It's been a couple of days of feeling like this and as i said i'm not having regular tightenings. I'm going to go to bed and see how i feel in the morning and then make an appointment maybe..unless anything gets worse between now and then. Don't mind me i'm just having a vent and i'm hoping like crazy i'm just being an over paranoid prem mum...after all the tri 3 pages are full of women complaining about how crap they feel.

Hi ladies!!!!

I haven't posted here in awhile. But I thought that I would stop in and give and update on how things were going.

I can not believe that I am 26 wks today.:happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm so happy.

I had a little scare yesterday. I actually fell down the stairs. Thankfully it was on my butt, but I still went to L&D to be monitored. Our little girl is fine and we couldn't be happier. As of last week, I've been put on strict bedrest as my cervix went from a 3.8 to a 2.1 and I have slight funneling. So my OB is sort of on pins and needles. She's like, "if we make it to 28wks that'll be good." Not knocking what she is saying, but uh I want to make it to atleast 36wks, 34 at the least. I want to bring my baby girl home with me and not spend a couple of months in the NICU. So I have an appointment scheduled for the 28th to see my HROB, since I missed our appointment yesterday, because I was in L&D. But that's ridiculous, that's like a whole month damn near and I refuse to go that long without knowing the hell is going on with my cervix. It's hard to do strict bedrest with a 15month old. I still have to take care of things like:laundry: and :dishes:. But hey, what can you do. I take it as easy as possible.

How is everyone else doing? I would love to know where everyone else is at and just see how things are going and meet you all.

:hi: nifura congrats on 26 weeks i hope your LO stays baking for a while longer,
@ annadue, i hope you feel better sending you so much positive energy

Hey ladies and bumps...hope you are all keeping okay?

I don't know where else to post this;
I am starting to get very very nervous and scared :wacko: I am not far off having baby now (get my date tomorrow for an elective c-section)...but I am so scared about how to feel, if that makes any sense?

I only know a preemie birth, and how to look after one, the feelings that go hand in hand with SCBU etc...and now it looks like I am going to be having a term baby...It is all going to be so so different, and I don't know how to get over that in my mind at the moment...I know this probably sounds really crazy, because as a mum of a preemie, we all hope to carry a baby to term :wacko:

How can I love another baby as much as my little preemie princess, who my whole life has revolved around for so long, after what we went through with her, it makes her so precious and special to me...I feel like I am entering the complete unknown, I will be bringing a baby home from hospital with me, which is something I have only dreamt of, and now the reality is rapidly approaching it is scaring me stupid.

I am an emotional wreck...and sound like a right loon I know :dohh:

You&me - what you're feeling is perfectly normal. As a mother of a preemie, it is our dream to carry our next pregnancy to term. You'll definitely love this LO just as much as your other child. I always wondered how people cared and loved more than one child, I thought it would be hard, but you love each child just as much. I'm only 26wks along, but I love my little girl so much and can't wait to meet her 10+ wks. You'll be find and all of you worries will go away once you hold your baby and you'll think, wow I can't believe I thought that. Everything will be ok!!! (((HUGS)))

https://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/Mamabaum77/Charlie/S6301586.jpghttps://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/Mamabaum77/Charlie/S6301585.jpg

Mommy Michelle- oh he is too cute!!

you & me- i know exactly what you mean. Even when your first isn't prem it's hard to imagine loving another child so much but i swear your heart just keeps expanding. And having a full term baby is soooooo easy compared to a prem. you'll love it.

Anyway...after my last post i ended up in hospital that night, just got out today. Had more steroids, anti-biotics etc. My cervix has shortened from 4cm+ to 2.5cm. I don't see me getting full term now but still hanging onto the idea..you never know. Have been sent home on bedrest, lucky for me my mum is willing to come over and look after the kids in my house while Hubby is at work. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow (Wednesday) which is further than both my other prems so i guess that's a great victory for me. The dr said they don't even try to stop labour from 34 weeks so i only have support for 2 more weeks before they'll let him come. That's kind of scary. I'm still having tightenings very frequently but i guess because i'm not dilating i've been allowed home. I'm so nervous about them now though. *sigh* It shouldn't be so bloody complicated but yay for all of us still hanging in there :)

@ youandme congrats on full term its such an accomplisment, good going mamma, a sectionis allways stressfull, but you will be ok, sending you lots of positive energy

@annadue, wow 32 weeks that is great going, just hang in their all wil be well and i am still cheering for full term for you, keep strong mamma

Now i'm starting to have all these early labour signs i'm starting to wet myself about the birth. I've tried to give it little thought throughout my pregnancy but now it might be really soon i'm sooooooo nervous. The more kids you have the clearer the memory of what's to come is. crap, crap, crap... will be so glad when it's over and definitely willing to wait.

Oh anna :hugs:
You&me did you get your c section date? xxxx

:hugs: Anna.

We did SB...Monday 1st November, third on the list :thumbup: but that could change anytime...they are sending out the community midwife to my house for blood pressure checks as it was through the roof even with tablets at my appointment on tuesday, so they said if it rises anymore they will look at bringing delivery forward.

Spent all day yesterday in bed, our whole house has come out in stinking colds and coughs :dohh:...crappy timing, we are moving house next saturday too...so this baby has got to keep cooking for a bit longer yet!!

Hope all of you ladies are okay?
x

i hope the bp comes down and the family feels better soon, gl with the move i can imagine hoe stressful it is right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->