Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Ive had loads of internals,(mainly for mc's and early scans) not as bad as you imagine chick

I had one done in front of my gay male cousin. (well not in FRONT lol he was at my head) They assumed he was my OH and we were too shocked to say nothing. I was covered like not that he could see anything, and he laughed it off, but fuck :rofl:

For proper measurements of the cervix it is internal but they don't put it in as deep as what a swab examination and they don't actually touch the cervix so there isn't a risk doing it. (sorry don't know how to word it any better lol)

Sometimes with a normal scan they can see you cervix but it depends on position and how full your bladder is etc.

IMO internals are far far worse so if you are used to them a cervical scan will be a picnic :thumbup:

i've had a truck load of internal scans and they really are very gentle and don't go in very far. Obviously not the highlight of my pregnancies but not a big deal.

Glad to see we're all still here. I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and starting to have dizzy spells, shooting pains in pelvis (probably head engaging) and all my joints hurt so body must be getting ready. Gee i can't wait until baby is born...just hope i can get to late November at least. Feeling a little nervous about body acting so keen but no 'unusual' contractions yet so fingers crossed.

sb- that is so funny!! and yay for tri 2!!

UPDATE

shyfox1988 has updated third tri with the news that You&me's waters broke last night at 35+2.

Shes had swabs done and waiting for a scan, they will then decide to either delivr baby or try and hold out.

Thanks shyfox and good luck you&me xxxxxx

Oh no!! I was just thinking today about how the chances are one of us would go early. I hope everything is ok. 35 +2 isn't too bad...I guess. If they can hold of labour for a few more days, she might be ok to take baby home with her. positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!!

Hiya girls, i will keep you all uptodate with news on You&me as and when i hear from her,
shes just waiting for scan at the moment to know more.

but at the moment she is having period pains so could be a sign that labour may well be starting or close to starting,fingers crossed her princess stays put for just a little bit longer xXx

Mini Update again

You&me is feeling pretty crappy, just been moved up to a ward, the Scan is at 12 o'clock so will know more then,

midwifes keep telling her that she wont be going home till she delivers xXx

Update

You&me's had the scan baby is estimated to be 6lbs, front waters are fine and still intact. they think its the hind waters that have gone. think shes waiting for docs to talk to decide what they are going to do, she really wants to go home bless her shes soo tired

xXx

6lb is great. I hope she gets to go home. Hang in there baby, just another week or 2!!

6lbs is a great weight, how accurate are those scans tho?

i hope baby stays put for a few more days tho x

update

You&me has been let home, fingers crossed shes getting some well deserved sleep, will let you know more details when i know more xXx

bless her, i hate being in hospital too. :hugs:

i was looking thru tylers baby photos 2day and got myself a bit worked up...do any of u do tht? x

Thank you everyone!! I really appreciate your support :hugs:

I woke up at just after midnight in a pool of water, which came gushing out even more as I stood up...I now know what it feels like when waters break!!! I had been having back ache for a few days, but thought nothing of it, and had gone to bed with what felt like period pains.

Labour ward had me go straight into a delivery room, put on a trace, swabs, bloods etc done, belly was tightening quite a bit, and baby not showing much movement, I started being sick and my blood pressure went through the roof...they admitted me and did a scan this morning.

Scan showed babies estimated weight at 6lbs :thumbup: which is really good for 35+2, front waters are still intact...they say it is my hind waters that have gone, they are happey to hold out on delivery (I am meant to be having an elective section)...I asked them to let me go home, rather than keeping me in until baby either makes an appearance, or anything else happens which forces delivery...so I am finally home, tummy is very tender, the period pains are still there...but I am being closely monitored and at the smallest sign then I have to go back in...they think as the waters went baby shifted down more which could have caused it to seal for now, baby is quite far head down.

So for now it is just a waiting game!!

Thank you everyone!! I really appreciate your support :hugs:

I woke up at just after midnight in a pool of water, which came gushing out even more as I stood up...I now know what it feels like when waters break!!! I had been having back ache for a few days, but thought nothing of it, and had gone to bed with what felt like period pains.

Labour ward had me go straight into a delivery room, put on a trace, swabs, bloods etc done, belly was tightening quite a bit, and baby not showing much movement, I started being sick and my blood pressure went through the roof...they admitted me and did a scan this morning.

Scan showed babies estimated weight at 6lbs :thumbup: which is really good for 35+2, front waters are still intact...they say it is my hind waters that have gone, they are happey to hold out on delivery (I am meant to be having an elective section)...I asked them to let me go home, rather than keeping me in until baby either makes an appearance, or anything else happens which forces delivery...so I am finally home, tummy is very tender, the period pains are still there...but I am being closely monitored and at the smallest sign then I have to go back in...they think as the waters went baby shifted down more which could have caused it to seal for now, baby is quite far head down.

So for now it is just a waiting game!!

:hugs: i hope ur not in too much pain hun xxxx

Oh i'm so glad you got to come home. I hope baby hangs on for you. It's just so close to a point where there would be no problem...i hope you get there. Take it easy....make everyone your slave!!! I hope you feel better soon and we'll most definitely be thinking of you xx

i was looking thru tylers baby photos 2day and got myself a bit worked up...do any of u do tht? x

I do, I dont get hugely worked up, but it frightend me just how much ive accepted that i could be back there ykwim?

I've done it twice and found it easier second time around because you know what to expect and you have your first prem as your walking, talking success story to make you feel better.

thanks girls. all my family keep sayin oh this one wont be early and then i think oh nah it wont happen, but what if it does? surely if i just say oh this one WILL be early i wont be to shocked IF it did happend, iykwim? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->