Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Forgot to update last Friday we had our consultant appointment as scan. Baby was measuring a day ahead, making me 14 weeks today. We will be seen at 16,19, 22 and 25 weeks by the midwife and then scans at 27, 31 and 35 weeks. Feeling much more confident :)

Oh heck. I have (well we all have - little lady is a ball of snot and anger) a cold, and I think it's going to an ear infection again (they normally do for me - something about very narrow ear canals or something)... I'm pretty sure that a tooth abcess and infection set off the prem labour last time - so soooo do not want anything infectiony hanging around right now.

Can't even easily get to the docs (and they won't find much yet - it's just that initial feeling of not right at the moment) because I can't walk much past the end of the street with SPD and the bus route died when the company went bust.

oh dizz I hope it's just a sniffle and you all pick up quickly.

as for us it's another boy :happydance: I had a feeling it was a boy all along and secretly think I was telling myself its a boy to 'cushion the blow' if it wasn't a girl but know that I know I'm actually happier and makes everything easier.

I am however gutted at not being able to give my baby girl a family name Sarah (my grans name) who's no longer with us and Elizabeth my middle name and a tradition. Ah we'll ill settle for a healthy baby instead!

Matthew was swiftly told he needs to name my granddaughter Sarah Elizabeth lol x

Congrats on the boy! I'd love to get the excuse to use the name Elizabeth but with the surname Taylor it'll never be a go-er!

We now all have the atomic mega-cold (well little miss had it yesterday)... why does my husband always get ill for weekends - means I'll have him doing the whole "ooooh dying of man flu croak groan oh the pain" crap all weekends and I'll be soooo tempted to repeatedly kick him in the crotch so he can experience some of what I've got with SPD! Waiting for pizza to be delivered so we can pick at it - then I'm going to bed and praying that we get a night with no night wakings!

:hugs: Dizz men don't half milk sickness Daniel had a wee bug yesterday but seems on the mend today, burning up, sickness and tummy pains poor wee lamb xx

Well after I've been up since 4am with the snoring and pained groans and legs going so badly they look like he's doing riverdance in his sleep... and finally relented and snuk downstairs for some paracetamol and ginger cordial - I think there's only one thing that I can do to make him suffer as much as he's made ME suffer overnight when Erin wakes up in 20 minutes or so.

I'm thinking three hours of Cbeebies on full-blast should be adequate torture for a Sunday morning. Accompanied by our learner crawler directing all four limbs pointed at his back as he rolls over and snores!

How is everyone getting on? Progressing ok?
I have the consultant today (my new one, switched hospitals just over week ago) and she said last week she thinks I'm not leaking but will keep a close eye....so today's app is just to make a plan for the rest of the pregnancy and I've decided if they say I'm not leaking and not treating me any different than perhaps I will finally get a water birth I want (third time lucky!!!!) ;)

Fingers crossed ladies!

@emaritska - I hope your appointment goes well and you are happy with your new consultant
@dizz - hope you are all feeling better
@bumpsmum - congrats on another boy
@sam182 - Glad you are happy with your care plan.

Nothing happening with me yet as only 10 1/2 weeks. I have my dating scan on 26th Feb and the hospital has sent me my appointments from 16 weeks until 22 weeks. Will no doubt have to have a discussion with them about scanning after 22 weeks if everything looks ok as I don't think that is long enough. I was 21 weeks with twins when I dilated so that would be further on in a singleton. I know further on I wouldn't get a stitch but at least I would know to go on bed rest.

All my clothes are starting to get tight and I look like I have been eating the pies! I know they say on your second pregnancy you show earlier but I assumed with my last one being a twin one and this being a singleton that may not be the case but looking like it is! Thank goodness we live in a society where it isn't polite to tell someone they are piling on the weight :rofl:

I'm doing fine thanks developing a nice wee bump at 21 weeks so much for my lo being over a wee bug he has hand foot and mouth with a bacterial infection setting in on his spots poor wee mans skin is a mess guess were staying in over mid term x

a totally woe is me post so sorry in advance

I started bleeding in the night and had back ache & cramping, well my notes say before 20 weeks I just have to contact the GP, so I had to wait until 8.30am to call the GP's, she contacted the hospital and they asked me to go get checked.

So we spent all morning at the hospital being poked & prodded, they can't tell where the bleeding is coming from but took a swab, although not sure how useful that will be as surely it will be contaminated at it was full of blood?

They then used a doppler and it was very scary when it took a whole 10 mins to find little one, even the consultant was starting to get visually nervous about the mount of time it was taking but they found little one in the end.

They sent me home and just said to call my GP again if the pain or bleeding get worse :(

I remembered while at the hospital, that on saturday morning I slipped on our ensuite floor and fell pretty hard, so I wonder if it could be from that? Either way I feel pretty crappy right now :(

Oh buttonnose! :hugs: fingers crossed it was nothing. It's not nice having no answers

Hi again. I've been MIA. I ended up miscarrying and had a d&c 2 weeks, then went away, then dealt with a snowstorm, selling our house and a bad cold. Anyway hope all of you are well and I really hope to be back on this thread soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->