Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Hello ladies! I'm 7w due Oct 5 2013 and excited, and nervous! My first child she was born at 32 weeks and hopefully this little bump of mine fully bakes! Good luck to you all and I hope to make some new friends.

Wow good weight so far agiboma! I have some good news, ended up in hospital last night with regular tightenings and general bad stomach pain, turns out I have a bad uti and have been given meds to resolve it, anyway whilst there I had a fetal fibronectin (?) test and it was negative :) never had one before but doc said that's a great result if negative! X

Hi ceecee! We have very similar dates - I'm 5 weeks along. :)

Emaritska - did they say what the test is for? Good that it's good anyway! :D

hi all im a mum to my DS who was born at 35 weeks by c-section due to breech, gestational diabetes and PROM and my little one is due 14th sept 2013 :)

@whistle, from what I understand it predicts the chances of you going into preterm labor within 2weeks of he test....positive is a iffy result apparently as can mean you will go into labor but lots ladies don't, whereas negative Is more definite and should mean 95% sure I won't go into preterm labor.....think that's how it was explained lol :)

Looks like I have some updating to do :rofl: welcome to all the new expecting mums/moms!

how is everyone coming along, as for me im just packing the last few things in my hospital bag and about to go get some waxing done :haha:

@agiboma - not long to term :happydance::happydance:

Just had my dating scan and my dates have been put forward 5 days so I am 13+2 now and due 1st Sept. Wee bean was being naughty though and they couldn't get the nuchal fold measurement so I am back for another scan tomorrow.

Pity the nausea hasn't went away with my first trimester :growlmad:

:happydance: 25weeker thats great the scan went well overall and I hope tomorrows is the same!

Sorry you are still feeling sick though! I was on and off with Tori it was rotten, dairy often didnt help!

hi all :)

I had my 16 week appointment today, all good, not alot to report, she updated all the computer records with my consultants requests because she said her senior will have a fit otherwise when she see's all my appointments from 28 weeks (weekly for 28 weeks and twice weekly from 30 weeks).

I see her again at 24 weeks (I have my scan & see consultant at 20 weeks)

I can't believe that tomorrow we are already half way to goal number 1 of 32 weeks!

@25 weeker ooh yes I am enjoying it, still cant beleive its happening to me but loving it still, and look at you coming along nicely
@buttonose its good you are being followed so closely!

Almost term abiboma!
@25 weeker....glad your scan went well and an extra 5days added :)

Just had my 28week check and GTT ( lucozade original is disgusting) and all seems well! Measuring 2weeks behind on fundal height but think those things bit hit and miss anyway and have growth scan in a week so can check madam then. Midwife made a passing comment about how she expects I will be induced at 38weeks anyway if make it there "just to be sure everything safe and controlled" as boys came so quickly ....which if I'm 100%honest I'd be ok with as be reassuring to know a date and that I'm in hospital :)

Hey ladies. Been MIA for long time... Looks like I may go soon, or not. At my 28 appt yesterday doc said my membranes are now sitting on stitch which I already had a feeling something was happening (dilation). Same symptoms with my angel Chrisna right before I delivered her. I'm so gld i have the stitch to hopefully stop the dilating. Anyone on here get the stitch and have your membranes all the way to the stitch? If so did your waters go prematurely or did you make it close or to full term? Any experiences would be great to hear. Doc has prepared what my happen of I deliver soon but we really want to get to 32 weeks at least. (I know I posted similar question in another thread but I'm desperate to get any info anyone has for me) thank you!

I hope everyone else's is getting along well enough. I will try to catch up on stuff I have missed.

@MizzPodd - didn't want to r and r. I had a stitch but unfortunately had to have it removed and labour induced when I got an infection, so no experience like you have with your membranes. Every day inside is a good step forward though - I hope you make it to 32 weeks!

I'm very excited, as I have been called for a 'dating' scan this Saturday when I will be 6w2d. I was a bit confused though as I thought my first scan would be at 11 weeks with my consultant (already got that booked in). Has anyone had a scan this early? I guess they might be checking for twins or trying to date it more accurately? As consultant had a very definite plan of how many weeks he wanted to do certain things at? Don't know, confused, but not going to say no to an early scan! I am hoping to be very relieved to see one bub in there.

@mizzpodd sorry to hear your membranes are now at your stitch. I had an emergency stitch and they pushed my membranes back in to add it so my cervix was only ever closed to the stitch. My stitch was lasting fine but I got an infection after 4 weeks although that was more to do with me being dilated and having no mucas plug.
@whistle that's great you have been called for a private scan. Hopefully it will only show one baby. What is your care plan?

Well that's why I was confused, my plan was in at 11 weeks for a scan with consultant, course of clindamycin and progesterone. Discuss having a suture, but probably not if it's a singleton, then cervical length scans up until the point where I dilated before.

Now yesterday I get a call saying we've been asked to do a dating scan for you. I thought a dating scan at 6weeks would be for someone who doesn't know their LMP. I have regular cycles, no conception problems etc.

Like I say, not going to complain, just dreading getting a telling off if there's been a mix up and I don't need it, ha ha!

Well that's why I was confused, my plan was in at 11 weeks for a scan with consultant, course of clindamycin and progesterone. Discuss having a suture, but probably not if it's a singleton, then cervical length scans up until the point where I dilated before.

Now yesterday I get a call saying we've been asked to do a dating scan for you. I thought a dating scan at 6weeks would be for someone who doesn't know their LMP. I have regular cycles, no conception problems etc.

Like I say, not going to complain, just dreading getting a telling off if there's been a mix up and I don't need it, ha ha!

Fingers crossed the only thing they will do is confirm your name, DOB & address then scan you with no additional questions.

I am not having a suture just cervical scans & swabs from 16 weeks. Unfortunately my hospital won't give out progesterone until there is confirmation from the optimmum trial that progesterone works

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->