pregnancy clumsiness...?

maybethisit

Reaction score
I just attempted to drink a glass of milk, missed my mouth and spilled it all down my new, mother's-day maternity top and also into my hair, which is long and takes ages to dry and was freshly washed ready for work tomorrow... We are also running out of glasses because I have broken so many, and OH now panics at the sight of me carrying anything spillable/breakable/dangerous...WHAT is going ON???? I get that the bump can unbalance you, but I was SITTING DOWN... :haha:

It's just another pregnancy side effect. I haven't dropped anything breakable, yet. But I have been banned from climbing ladders at work just to be safe. I've also tripped over my own feet a couple times. And done the "drunk wobble" when standing up from a chair. But I was totally sober! Just go buy some plastic cups. You'll need them when the baby starts to drink from cups anyway.

I have always been clumsy, I think now it's clumsy to the millionth power. Hehehe!

lol, talkin about clumsiness I cannot seem to stop dropping things on the floor. Like its easy for me to bend over to pick it up hahaha, but no matter what it is I drop it, especially at work. :loopy:

Completely agree! I spill, drop and break everything. I even stumble when I get up from using the bathroom or get out of the shower.

The worst is getting used to bump and not running it into things :haha: sometimes I forget it's there and step too close to the sink or get too close to walls. :haha:

Completely agree! I spill, drop and break everything. I even stumble when I get up from using the bathroom or get out of the shower.

The worst is getting used to bump and not running it into things :haha: sometimes I forget it's there and step too close to the sink or get too close to walls. :haha:

Me too! When I go up and downstairs in my house I go slowly and grab the handrail now, and I think I'm going to buy a shower seat so I won't fall over when I'm shaving :dohh:

I have always been really clumsy, and maybe it's because I'm paying extra attention (my clumsiness normally ends me up in the hospital), but I've actually been much more coordinated since being pregnant.

We all have our own experiences, huh? I have been extremely forgetful, though. Can't remember where I put anything half the time. Hope I don't lose the baby when he arrives...

Lol well that makes me feel better!! I washed my hair again and then have had to cancel my work day - first day of training on a course that I've been wanting to do for ages, as well - cos poor DS threw up on the way to school...Sigh...On the plus side though I haven't dropped, broken, walked into or fallen over anything yet today, so things are going relatively well I guess :D

I managed to fall downstairs on holiday last week! Was all togged up in my nice JoJoMaman dress for dinner and went sliding down the (wooden) stairs in our hotel on my knees, desperately trying to grab onto anything to stop myself and so as not to bang my abdomen. It was very attractive. My husband was further down so he came legging back up to rescue me and my handbag contents whilst this chap behind just stood and watched! Cheers mate, there's only a pregnant woman sliding downstairs on all fours in front of you! I felt like a right nob. Ended up chipping my lovely nail varnish which I had taken ages to do because I couldn't reach my feet properly and I looked like a schoolboy with grazed knees. Nothing wrong with the baby though so hurray at least! We took the lift after that... I blamed the wooden stairs, the fact my feet are rapidly disappearing and my husband for walking too fast so I was trying to keep up. No matter what the problem, always blame him!

I've also been dropping stuff regularly but I'm a bit clumsy anyway so nothing out of the ordinary there.

I'm the same. I've never been so clumsy :haha: I've also turned into an air head too. This morning when making a cup of tea and after using the milk and kettle, I went to put the kettle in the fridge instead of the milk :dohh:

Ive got no balance what so ever since being pregnant, I ran into things all the time, i drop at least 20 things a day and don't get me started on how forgetful i am at the moment lol

I managed to fall downstairs on holiday last week! Was all togged up in my nice JoJoMaman dress for dinner and went sliding down the (wooden) stairs in our hotel on my knees, desperately trying to grab onto anything to stop myself and so as not to bang my abdomen. It was very attractive. My husband was further down so he came legging back up to rescue me and my handbag contents whilst this chap behind just stood and watched! Cheers mate, there's only a pregnant woman sliding downstairs on all fours in front of you! I felt like a right nob. Ended up chipping my lovely nail varnish which I had taken ages to do because I couldn't reach my feet properly and I looked like a schoolboy with grazed knees. Nothing wrong with the baby though so hurray at least! We took the lift after that... I blamed the wooden stairs, the fact my feet are rapidly disappearing and my husband for walking too fast so I was trying to keep up. No matter what the problem, always blame him!

I've also been dropping stuff regularly but I'm a bit clumsy anyway so nothing out of the ordinary there.

Oh no!! My husband also gets really nervous about the general combination of me + stairs - every time he sees me approaching them he's like 'hold onto the handrail! Steady now!' like I'm 94 with a zimmer frame. Bless :)

I'm the same. I've never been so clumsy :haha: I've also turned into an air head too. This morning when making a cup of tea and after using the milk and kettle, I went to put the kettle in the fridge instead of the milk :dohh:

:haha: I did this with the kettle the other day as well! Took a moment of 'what's-wrong-with-this-picture' for me to realise what the problem was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->