Pregnancy Group open for anyone at any stage of your pregnancy. All Welcome!

Thank you all for the welcome.
I have come down with the flu and I promise as soon as I feel better I will come back and do personal posts and be more active.

Natalie- you are very lucky to be set up for a sweep already hun. Most doctors in the UK don't consider this until you have hit 40 + weeks and won't even schedule it in. If I'm right, Natasha even had to push her midwife for one. Hopefully MP will show before then x

Natasha- lovely to see all 4 of you are feeling better now. I haven't got any plans for new years yet and know if my friends plan it then it will involve a lot of alcohol :-( would be nice to have some friends with kids or ones who even considered what we are going through. So glad you had a lovely Christmas x x

Melissa- sorry to see you have flu, make sure you rest plenty and your oh takes good care of you :hugs:

Karen- ooh, you must upload the belly shot. I have my 36 week one I need to upload once i her back on my laptop. So nice to see that you had a good Christmas x x

Emma - I WILL be 40 weeks :haha: It's not considered before 40 weeks here either (they don't even do internals) but it's routine at the 40 week check. I'm just sad that from here on I don't get to see my GP or a midwife. 40 weeks and beyond we have to see a doctor at the hospital. Though all being well it will still be midwives who deliver the baby.

Natalie, what I was saying was you would see the midwife at 40 weeks here and they usually would decide to leave you for another 12- 14 days before they would consider it. It's good that they do something. That's what I am concerned about as I feel I am going to go over and can see them waiting until I'm nearly 42 weeks before they do a sweep. :(
Boo, about having to go to the hospital though. Is it nearby to you? I know its a bit of a pain with having to go every week for physio x

Yeah the hospital and my GP clinic are both on the same block and only a couple of minutes from my house at least. The doctor will be at the antenatal clinic where I've had my other midwife appointments. Though I've only seen a midwife twice :(. Saw a doctor there twice too and I have no idea why they sent me to see the doctor for my last appointment there at 36 weeks :shrug: My sheet said it was supposed to be a midwife appointment. Only supposed to see the doctor at booking in appointment around 12 weeks and from 40 weeks and beyond :shrug: If I wasn't doing shared care with my GP then I'd have been seeing a midwife instead. It's strange how it's done so differently everywhere. I've still not ever had my urine tested except for my very first appointment :shrug:

Morning all and a big welcome to the new lovely ladies :hi:
Had a rather busy Christmas visiting everyone but was lovely. Spent Xmas day with my parents and boxing day with all the families and then yesterday with adams family. Only trouble was had a horrible headache I couldn't shift from Boxing day onwards and still have a little one now and Noodle seems to be really growing as I really ache!! Keeping an eye on things and checking for blood (that old paranoid me never leaves :dohh:) but do think its stretching pains! Just didn't realise they would be this painful lol!!
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas, can't believe some of you will be meeting your LO's so soon! How exciting!!!!

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and were spoilt rotten :flower: Sorry I didn't get on to wish you a merry christmas on the day but I have been suffering so badly for the last six days with a bad cough so it's been nothing but bed rest for me. It's just awful, I keep burning up, I can't sleep, I can't eat, I keep getting headaches and get really dizzy, the list really does go on. I went to the doctors today cause i've lost 6lbs in 3 days and keep being sick from coughing so hard but they were totally useless! You know the pure cheek of the guy?? He said "oh don't worry, people in third world countries suffer from malnutrition and their babies turn out ok" :grr: I can't actually believe he said that to me! He just sent me back to my bed and told me to take paracetomals and steam myself 5 times a day. Total waste of time! So i'm back in bed and feel bloody awful.

Anyway time for a quick catch up before I try and get some sleep (I seriously look like I have 2 black eyes at the moment):

Emma Wow, I certainly can't believe your sister did that with the parrot! Basically put herself before her son. That's awful! No wonder you are mad hun. Hope you managed to have a fab day despite that. I know what you mean about eating, i just physically can't at the minute and my brother was so worried about the little I ate at xmas but at least he was nice about it, just concerned. My Dad started explaining to him the joys of pregnancy sickness etc though after that haha x

Natasha What a wacky kitchen that would be :haha: I do love the colour purple though so i'd love it! lol. Hmm i've never seen joker salt and pepper shakers either, have seen batman and robin ones the odd time but not the joker. Yeah my family are all bikers so the tattoos and piercings kind of go along with that lol. I'm just the posh member of the family who has nothing and works in a solicitors :haha: Or so my Dad likes to wind me up by saying. Ooh your predicting a boy! I'm kinda leaning that way myself but hubby is still convinced it's a girl. Two weeks today till we find out :happydance: I think we are still hoping to go with Logan Scott or Emily Jean name wise but we shall see if anyone else locally uses them before my turn, I live in a small town so would be nice to have a unique name. Hope the boys had a lovely Xmas x

Melissa Welcome hun and congratulations! Do you have boys or girls at the moment? I've always thought a big family would be fab but doubt we will be able to :( I have PCOS and this little bubba was hard enough to conceive but we shall see what the future holds! Your hubby must be so excited this being his first. Sorry to hear you've been struck with the flu, being ill at this time of year is no fun I know :( x

Nat Glad you had a lovely Xmas. Did you have a good birthday? I see baby is very comfortable for the moment! I think you will probably be right and it will be a 2012 baby but I can't wait to find out :) Can't believe it's your due date though! Hope the sweep went well x

Arlene Glad to hear things are going better all round for you! Your pup sounds adorable. Did you manage to get Kyle's room sorted out? Nightmare job I can imagine! x

Karen Glad you had a good xmas and look forward to seeing your belly shot :flower: x

Naomi Glad to hear you had a good xmas too hun, sorry about the headaches though, sounds like everyone is poorly at the minute :( Happy 17 weeks though! Time is flying by for you :flower: x

To anyone I haven't mentioned hope everything is going well with you :) x

Well I am off to try and get some rest. Hubby is still hobbling on his crutches but he has been a total sweatheart. He even cooked the xmas dinner for 6 on his crutches as I was so poorly. He's been making me home made soup the last few days and blending it so i can drink it in a cup, he really is a diamond. Still waiting to hear from the physio about his appointment but they are closed for another week so we will have to wait on that. Anyway hope everyone is doing well, speak soon hopefully :flower: x

Natalie :hugs: I remember all to well the frustration of baby not appearing, and it was so much worse when we had to leave the hospital minus a baby!! FX'ed that he will git a wiggle on either himself, or that the sweep will be enough to get you onto the labour train!!

Wendy :dohh: of course, how could I forget about your X-Men name's lol. Make sure you you get plenty of rest to get yourself back up to 100%!! Glad to hear you were spoilt for christmas :thumbup:

I had some sad news (from facebook) yesterday. Someone I went to school with (and worked with for nearly 2year's) died of cancer on Dec 23rd. I didn't even know she was ill :nope: We weren't close or anything, hadn't seen her for a few year's, but its still come as a big shock and I can't stop thinking about it. Really put's people on facebook into perspective. So many people, everyday, whining about how bad they have it and how s**t their live's are, yet it's nothing like a life and death situation. Jus really getting to me, and it's making me feel angry.
Jus needed to get that off my chest!!

I finally got a usb cable to let me put some pics on here for you ladies so here we go, the latest additions to my family!

Attachments

• DSC03282.jpg
    DSC03282.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC03278.jpg
    DSC03278.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC03217.jpg
    DSC03217.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 7
Lovely pics! Your puppy is wolf grey and has eye patches like my husky Holly :D

I promise as long as DF doesn't have cadets tomorrow I'll do a proper post! Too tired tonight :dohh:

Arlene, your puppy is so cute. So is your little bean.

Natasha Aww hun that's so sad :hugs: You may not have spoke to her in a while but you are right, it still hits you and you realise how precious life is x

Arlene Fab pics hun! Your wee pup is just the cutest! Wish they stayed that size. What a lovely clear scan pic too! :) x

Well this is me up at stupid o clock again. Been trying so hard to sleep but I just keep coughing and choking to the point of being sick and again i'm burning a fever to the point of my nightie being soaked with sweat :( So up at 4am and had a bath and now just waiting patiently for a few hours until the rest of the household wakes up. Really am sick of this bug now x

What a gorgeous puppy Arlene!

Natasha, the 23rd someone I know died of cancer too :( The mother of a friend of mine who has been battling it for two years this time after having a hysterectomy previously due to cancer and having been cancer free for 6 years :( Her very final 6 monthly check up before they would have declared her officially cancer free they discovered it was back and it was a very long two year battle for her and her family :(

Well I didn't get a sweep after all. I forgot that the hospital has my due date as the 30th, and 39+6 isn't good enough to see the doctor, and the midwives don't do internals at my hospital. So no sweep and no idea if I'm dilated at all either :shrug: Oh well. I didn't want one anyway, but after preparing myself mentally it's a bit disappointing that it didn't happen :haha: I did get sent for a growth scan though. I've been measuring behind since they started measuring FH and no one has been concerned, but today's mw decided to send me for a scan since the last two weeks I started going backwards and today had jumped up to 36cm (after being 32cm last week). She wasn't concerned either and said the baby doesn't feel small but is rather new so following protocol. So DH and I got a surprise scan today :D Everything looks good and baby has such chubby cheeks! :cloud9:

Hi ladies :flower:

Wendypops- Hi hun, sorry you have been feeling so bad! Hopefully it will start getting better soon. You should be able to pick up some cough medicine which is lemon, honey and glycerol (i think) which you can take during pregnancy. If not try some honey and lemon tea which will sooth your throat and hopefully ease it :hugs: I am not surprised by my sister, she is exactly the same as my mother unfortunately! She was complaining yesterday about being skint but has just bought herself a new bag! Still no sign of my nephews bed though. Anyway, I am trying not to think about it all! What an @rse your doctor was!! It annoys me how people are with pregnant women as if its just us panicking! Hopefully you have managed to get back to sleep hun :hugs:

Natalie- thats a little annoying about the sweep. At least it gives MP another week to appear without any intervention. :happydance: ooh yey for the extra scan!! bet that was a lovely surprise after the disappointment. I think you wont be waiting too long for him/her to make an appearance x

Arlene- Your puppy is absolutely gorgeous! I love huskies, well all dogs really lol! Hope the sickness has stayed away so far. What a gorgeous scan picture you have :hugs: How is Kyles room getting on??

Natasha- Sorry to hear about your friend. I know what you mean about facebook. My sister sits and complains all day long and constantly updates her facebook status that we have all hid her updates as we are fed up of hearing things from her. It's ok to be angry about things, life is precious and some people just dont get that. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Naomi- So lovely to see you have had a lovely Christmas. I know what you mean about the worry never going away. Hopefully your headache goes and stays away :hugs:

Well I have been trying to get back to sleep for hours as my hips are killing me. You wouldn't think I had physio yesterday! Oh well, I made myself feel better when I got up by having some cake for breakfast followed by pop tarts :haha: Will be glad when little Daisy pops out so my sweet tooth goes lol

Emma I was just thinking how much I'd love a pop tart right now :dohh: I'm so jealous! I might actually buy some for breakfast in work. Sometimes comes in handy working in a supermarket! :lol:
Happy due date natalie! :happydance:
Wendy really hope you start feeling better soon :hugs:

Hi Charlotte :wave:, welcome to the group! I am trying not to think about labor at the minute. I can deal with babies etc but the labor part is new to me :haha: I am sure you will be ok and everything will go fine :hugs:

Arlene- The pop tarts were good! I did also have toast once the oh got up as well :haha:

Well I have had a midwife appointment again today and the only good thing to bring out of it was that the babies head is engaged. Even with that news the midwife managed to put a dampner on it which was rather annoying and ended up in tears again. Anyway, I am trying not to think about the patronising woman but it seems I still have a urine infection :(
Either way I am going to try and make myself feel better by having a night on the sofa with the hubby. At the moment I have a can of squirty cream and am happily eating that :haha:

Well put it this way, I barely said anything to her as I know what their reactions are but Gavin was telling her how I have been and her last comment to me before I walked out was, believe me love I know how you feel, I have had 3 children its normal, just you wait until you have had 3 and then you will know how it feels.... :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->