Pregnancy Group open for anyone at any stage of your pregnancy. All Welcome!

Emma - I'm glad things are going better for you, and that the colic is under control for the most part. Daisy is an absolute cutie! Hope you enjoyed the massage!

Thanks Nat! Congrats to you! Saranna is adorable, and I love her name!

Karen, thank you! Almost to 3rd tri for you!

Rachel - Thanks hun! Crazy to see that you're almost 30 weeks! I hope Xander comes home soon!

Natasha - Thanks hun! Your boys are adorable! Sounds like you have nice Valentine's Day planned. No plans for me - I'll be traveling for work, and in another state :( Maybe we'll go out to dinner that weekend or something.

Wendy - I definitely plan on getting a pic! You're almost in 3rd tri too! Awesome! Have fun on Monday! So sweet he's getting you an eternity ring!

Still not much going on! I feel so behind from all of you! :haha: Had some cramping yesterday, like LO was just trying to get more comfy in there. Hoping that was the case. Slept 11 hours last night, and it felt so so good. Hope everyone has a great weekend :flower:

Congrats amy!!

Really sorry ladies, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just moving house and its all a bit hectic. I will get on soon, hope everyones keeping well xx

Natasha I cant believe Ely is nearly 3 months old! Its gone soo fast. Hes a handsome little chap :) your valentines dinner sounds lovely! Unfortunately its DF's first shift back today and he's on stand by too, hes been out since half 7 this morning and more than likely going to be out till tomorrow morning because some silly man has drilled into a 32k volt cable :dohh: hope he has you that new ring!!

Wendy I wasnt asked to do the glucose test with Kyle and its not been mentioned this time around, is everyone meant to? Glad to hear yous sisters settled into her new place. Aw how lovely that hubbys getting you an eternity ring! I'm jealous of you ladies :lol: due to us just buying this house, we decided we'd only do cards, probably the most sensible decision!

Natalie how are you finding the breastfeeding and cloth napping? I've put myself off doing both thinking it'd be too much.

Emma we had everything in our new house by saturday, and done a last little clean of the old place on sunday and handed back the keys. So glad to be in paying my own home now, rather than someone elses bills! Its so big though, going from having 2 bedrooms, to having 4, 2 bathrooms and a dining room and a massive back garden, its all a bit overwhelming! :dohh: How was your massage? Hope yous are enjoying a Gavins last night off together doing something nice :)

Rachael thats great yous are moving to a better home soon, hope the cat shows soon :hugs:

Adrienne hope your doing well and recovering quickly :hugs:

Amy congrats again :happydance: im jealous of your 11 hour sleep! I've been waking every night with all sorts of pains :dohh:

So we've moved in!! I may be in pain, and rather skint this month, but it'll be worth it! The house is amazing and way more than we ever thought we'd manage. Even the loft is huge and DF's already planning conversions :haha: he gets so carried away, hes talking solar panels and all sorts :rofl: i'll have to keep him grounded. I got Kyle a Tablet for his birthday, which is saturday! Scary stuff, cannot believe hes 4 already. Anyway, hes always wanting DFs iphone, and loves playing with my sisters Tablet so I know it'll be worth it.
I dont think I got on to tell yous im currently off work? I have a trapped nerve in my neck and its horrible, doctor has me on codiene and paracetamol, i've to go back and see him next week to see if I can go back. Great timing to happen, right as we move :dohh:

Anyway hope everyones keeping well :hugs:

Yay for being moved in Arlene! How exciting yi be officially a homeowner!

I love breastfeeding. Im so glad Saranna didnt have any problems latching and i havent had supply issies as it would be so much harder to continue. We're working on mastering lying down to feed, since we cosleep (shes seldom in her own space at all these bights. Oops lol) so its great to be able to just roll over and give her boob. Ive been sleeping much better since as neither of us has to wake fully. Though i still change her nappy in the middle of the night cause i dont have a oropoer night nappy for her yet, so it can take a while to get her back to sleep after that. Cloth nappying is going,great too. So far we hacent needed a single disposable :) Change times themselves are no more work than with disposables - i just have about 20 mins/day for laundry. And if i had more i could do laundry less frequently than that., i dump the contents of the pail liner in the machine with the liner, do a rinse,cycle, add a bit of detergent and do a 40* cotton wash. Meanwhile i bring the clothes racks in off the porch, take nappies off and put away. When wash is finushed i hang and put out on the porch. (I wash in the evening so they get first sun). Weve only had 1 poo leak and 3 pee leaks, all when she was wearing ones that were too big at the leg, and all were minor.

Hi ladies! Sorry don't have time for a proper post at the moment as just on my lunch but I wanted to share some pictures of my almost finished nursery with you's :) Just the cot to come which we get on Sunday x

Aw how lovely wendy!! My 'nursery' is currently full of boxes waiting to be unpacked :dohh:

Natalie I must admit, its the cloth nappies im in fear of :haha: I think if we had better weather here were I knew we could hang it out to dry, I would feel different. Now we have a washer/dryer I cant begin to imagine what the costs would be of running it 2/3 times a day.

Its Kyles party on saturday and due to the moving, i've yet to get party bags, toys for filling them, a birthday cake and wonderland party have just called to say his pirate costume for it is out of stock :( Stress! On a lighter note I cannot believe im coming up on 25 weeks, time is flying by!

Oh Wendy the nursery is darling!

Arlene, yes I'm lucky to have such nice weather for it. When it rains though it gets so humid they can take 3 days to dry! I do plan on getting a turbo dry thinger though for drying in bad weather as it uses a fraction of the energy of a tumble dryer. When we lived in Canada we used dryer for everything and I never even considered the cost of it but I'm much more conscientious now that there's an alternsative. I ate line dtied towels though :(

Oh no that the costume place is out of the pirate costume! I hope you find an alternative.

Hi ladies :hugs:

I hope everyone is doing well x

Arlene- I am so glad to hear that you managed to get everything into the new house pretty swiftly. I would love to have such a big house! We have a 2 bedroom flat (looks like a house) which we tried to sell just as the recession started. No first time buyers means no sale of the flat :( I have pretty much accepted that we are not going to move but at least there is penty of room for the 3 of us for now. The massage was amazing thank you. I am going to go back for the day for my birthday in July it was that good! I hope you manage to get Kyles party things organised in time and make sure you take things easy and dont tire yourself out too much :hugs:

Wendypops- The nursery looks amazing! I bet you are glad to have all of that sorted and together now. Hopefully now you can take it easy and relax now! Yes it is quite ironic that he will be going off on paternity, I am actually going back a few weeks earlier so I can get up to speed with things before he goes off, well if she doesnt come early that is lol!

Amy- How are you getting on? Don't worry about being far behind, your the next influx of our lovely pregnant ladies. I hope you are feeling ok and looking forward to your scan next week x

Well I have had a nice few days with Gavin being off and had a great time at the massage! I cant wait to have another one :haha: When we were out yesterday we had the first 'nappy' incident!! We were out and feeding Daisy when we heard her filling her nappy. Gavin decided to take her to the changing rooms and change her. When he got in there and removed her clothes he noticed that she had filled it so much it went right up to her armpits :haha: He took all her clothes off and wiped her down and as he removed the change mat from underneath her (as it too was covered in poo) she weed on the change table and it went all up into her hair! He cleaned her down and changed her into a fresh pair of clothes and came out of the change room with the most stunned look on his face I couldnt stop laughing!! Luckily he saw the funny side of it and Daisy was far happier :haha: Needless to say she got a bath as soon as she got home lol.

Daisy was quite unsettled last night unfortunately which was unfortunate but then I was also sick last night. Gavin was a star and tried to keep Daisy as quite as he could and fed her all night whilst I tried to get some sleep to feel better. I do feel a little better at the minute although still not 100%, I was grateful my sister came over today as she has done a little of the looking after of Daisy.

We have the health visitor coming tomorrow to weigh Daisy, I can't wait to see how heavy she is now. Last time she was weighed she was 7lb 1oz, she is definitely getting to be a little fatty lol

Wendy your nursery looks awesome. I'm sure you must be getting really excited now.

Wendy The nursery looks amazing!! And yay for the eternity ring, have you picked one out yet? :happydance:

Karen Baby is cooking nicely in your pic! Can't believe how big your bump is already, your poor back! :hugs:

Rachael FX'ed your kitty comes home before the move :hugs:

Amy 11 hours sleep!! I can't remember the last time I was blessed with such a thing! Oh what I'd give for an uninterrupted lay in :cloud9:

Arlene I hope the idiot with the drill didn't injure himself (well, maybe a little for his stupidity but nothing major!) Must feel so good to be moved and settling in now! Kyle is a lucky boy to have such an awesome birthday present! I hope the party goes well, and that you manage to get a pirate costume at such short notice :hugs:

Natalie Breastfeeding is so awesome for lack of effort. Whack it out, done! :rofl: On the odd occasion I've brought Ely into bed with me for feeding, I find that putting a pillow behind him help's to keep him on his side so I don't have to keep my arm around/under him (pin's and needles are the worst!) so the I can just enjoy the sleepy cuddles :cloud9:
Im glad the cloth nappy thing is going so well for you. We wanted to try it for when Auron was born, but never got round to it as we couldn't afford to get the amount we needed to start it off. Plus, Arlene has a good point about our awful weather (not that I have a garden or even a balcony for that matter!)

Emma Poor Gavin! Thankfully, I've not had any incident's like that (yet FX'ed!). The worst we have is a bit of poo squishing up the top of the nappy on the back, but usually just out the sides onto the baby grow. When Auron was a little baby, we had a few occasions when he did a massive wee after having a bath, whilst wrapped in the towel :dohh: I must be a bit overly confident as I don't take out any spare clothes for Ely when we leave the house. All I take is nappies, wet wipes and a muslin square for feed's. Put it all in Auron's back pack so he carries it all :haha:
Bet Daisy had grown load's since her last weigh in!! Can't wait to hear how big she's gotten!

Adrienne Hope your well :hugs:

All ladies Hope you had a lovely V-Day/ After V-Day celebrations!

AFM The weekend was horrendous to say the least! We went into town saturday and got Auron load's of new clothes (3-4 years size) as he's getting to big of his own good! He wasn't himself all day, ate next to nothing and ended up going to bed at 5:30pm. He woke up 7:40pm so we let him stay up till 9pm. He wasn't himself at all, though I managed to get him to eat a few strawberries (which probably wasn't the best idea I've had!). Anyway, Nick took him to bed to read him some more harry potter, and Auron decided that once he was laying down he would puke up!! It was all over Auron and all over his bed, all I heard was Auron crying and Nick shouted "Tasha I need your help up here right now!". When I got in Auron's bedroom, the smell hit me, who'd of though strawberries and milk could smell so bad?!! So I was running Auron a bath, Nick went to take Auron's top off (which was covered in puke) and covered Auron's face in vomit :dohh: Ely started getting the cough/cold that's going around, and didn't sleep well at all Saturday night. Auron was in our bed and in the end I took Ely into Auron's bed with me (obviously changed the bedding lol) We didn't end up getting out of bed until 1PM!! We'd all hardly slept, and were like a family of zombies! So sunday is a bit of a blurr lol, Auron tried to eat some coco rock's, but was sick after, and ate next to nothing the rest of the day. He seem's fine since though, and is slowly getting his appetite back. Ely's cough seem's to be getting worse as the week progresses, and the cough/cold hit me hard yesterday, feel on the warmer side of death at the moment!
Ely had his 2nd set of jab's on V-Day, and is 13lbs 5 1/2 ounces. Can't believe he's 3months tomorrow, and I'm still BF, so proud of myself!! :happydance:
I didn't do rib eye cause the butchers only had frozen, so I got fillet instead, and even if I do say so myself, it was damn good!! Managed to get the jackets just right too, yum yum yum!! We had B&J phish food while watching 'insidious', which turned out to be a bit crap lol, oh and and did a vegetable soup for starters. I wanted to wait till Auron went to bed before I did dinner so I did Nick a plate of olives and feta cheese with some of the Mediterranean bread we were having with the soup (still have half of it left!) for when he got home after work. Had myself a bagel with Philadelphia and honey roast ham yum yum!! So the evening turned out well, but been ill since!! Oh, and I didn't get a new engagement ring like I thought I would. Instead, I got an engraved keyring that hold's 2photos inside, I just need to choose what pix I wanna put in it!!

Attachments

• DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 7
What a beautiful gift you got Natasha. Sorry the boys had been sick, but glad Auron is doing better and I hope Ely's cough leaves soon. It's great that the BF has been going really well. It can't be easy being the Mom of 2 little ones but it sounds like you are real pro at it.

Natasha, she didn't get weighed in the end. Had a bit of a stressful 24 hours do the health visitor was happy not to wake her. Details are in my journal but not a hoot bunny with a certain someone. I am glad Auron is feeling better now. Your Valentines gift is lovely x x

Arlene, congrats on the new home. How exciting.

Natalie, do you think you will keep her in cloth diapers? I am afraid to try them but have thought about it.

Natasha, Sorry your boys have been sick. I hope they are doing better soon. Love your valentine day gift.

Wendy, your nursery is so cute.

AFM, I am doing great. Had my doc appointment yesterday and he is doing well. I go back in 2 weeks for gluclose test. :sick: If you have read my journal you know that my SIL who I use to just love pissed me off really bad this week.:growlmad: But I am better now.

Karen glad things are going well with you and your little boy. Sorry your SIL got to you but glad things are better. Good luck with the glucose test I had to do it as part of my FS work up and it wasn't one of my favorite things to do. LOL

Sorry I havent been on here too much, Im finding it so difficult to keep up sometimes with these headaches and all the evenings im doing at work. All I can do sometimes is get on my own journal :(

How is everyone doing? Well I hope.

I wish I could enjoy my 2nd tri a little more but these headaches are really getting me down, Im wondering if they will ever stop.

Hope everyones pregnancys and lovely babies are going great

xxx

Karen, yes I absolutely will keep her in cloth :thumbup: They work great for us and I'm very conscientious of the environment. Plus if Saranna takes after me she'll likely have chemical sensitivities so I'd like to avoid disposables for that reason too. Not to mention the savings. It costs a lot more up front but is loads cheaper in the long run, especially as we can keep using them again for future children. I expect we can use them for at least three kids before they'll need replacing. :thumbup:

Good luck with the GTT. Mine wasn't so bad but then it was only the one hour one and wasn't a fasting one.

Oh Shona, I'm sorry you are not getting a break with headaches. I do hope that they ease up so that you're able to enjoy your pregnancy. Hang in there Shona sending you big hugs!!!

thanks hun....... ah felt like was just gonna burst into tears last night. They are just killing me going to make doc appt again tomorrow dont know if they are gonna be able to do anything. Not that I drink much of it but Im wondering whether its the aspartame thats giving me the sore heads or just headaches in general I didnt suffer like this with Cody :shrug:

I thought would just have a can every day to ease the headaches off incase it was caffeine withdrawal so its not making any difference Im wondering whther to give up the juice completely but I dont want to be suffering for months and months xx

Wendy - The nursery looks beautiful! Love it! Happy 27 weeks!

Emma - Hope you're feeling better!

Arlene - Yay for being moved in!

Natasha - I'm that weekend was horrible. But what a lovely present you got. It's beautiful!

Karen - Glad you had a good appt! Good luck with your glucose test!

Shona - Hope those headaches go away soon!

Well ladies, I had my first scan yesterday. We have one perfect, beautiful, little bean in there. Measuring 6w2d with a heartbeat of 128 BPM! We've never had a confirmed heartbeat before, so that is amazing news for us. Just hoping it keeps up! I have another ultrasound in 3 weeks, just to make sure everything is still going well. I'm very very happy, but still cautious since our LOs heartbeat stopped in our 1st pregnancy. Just have to keep praying everything goes well.

Our little muchkin! I'm already in love! :cloud9:

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/yam102284/IMAG0076.jpg

Congrats Amy! Wow what a perfect picture of your little bean! So many scans look like blobs but you can perfectly make your baby out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->