Pregnancy Group open for anyone at any stage of your pregnancy. All Welcome!

Hello Ladies.
I know its been a while but my world has been a little upside down lately.
My cousin took his life last week, so that wieghed pretty heavy on my heart. The only solace I have found is knowing he will be in heaven to watch over myself and Sam, and the rest of his family.
I also ended one class and started another so I have been trying to get ahead of schedule so I don't have to worry much once we get home from the hospital.
We are going in at 6AM thursday morning to begin our induction.
I plan on posting my birthing story and photos of Sam as soon as I can.
I just want everyone to know I am thinking of you, and your little ones that are here and are on the way!

Hello Ladies.
I know its been a while but my world has been a little upside down lately.
My cousin took his life last week, so that wieghed pretty heavy on my heart. The only solace I have found is knowing he will be in heaven to watch over myself and Sam, and the rest of his family.
I also ended one class and started another so I have been trying to get ahead of schedule so I don't have to worry much once we get home from the hospital.
We are going in at 6AM thursday morning to begin our induction.
I plan on posting my birthing story and photos of Sam as soon as I can.
I just want everyone to know I am thinking of you, and your little ones that are here and are on the way!

Sorry to hear about your cousin.:hugs: You will be in my thoughts a prayers on Thursday.

So good to hear from you Carly. Sorry to hear about your cousin, my prayers go out to you and your family. I can't believe that it's time for you to have your baby, it seems like just yesterday that you got your BFP. Good luck with everything and I look forward to reading your birth story and seeing pictures of Sam. :hugs:

Hello to all the other preggo ladies out there and Moms with new little ones. Hope you are all doing well. :wave:

Good luck Carly! Can't wait to see pics of Sam. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin :(

Good to hear from your Carly. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin :( Good luck with your induction; can't wait to read the birth story and see the beautiful pictures of Sam!

Natalie It's something for me to do in the evening's once Auron's in bed as we're getting to a good stage of having Ely in bed at least an hour before we got to bed too. Not every evening, but one's where I find myself thumb twiddling when my OH is playing C.O.D with his besty via online. Anything's better than lurkin on boring old facebook eh!
:hugs: I'm glad that Saranna is alright, can't imagine how terrifying that must have been for you!! FX'ed it never happen's again

Jasmin :howdy: Welcome to the clan! And congratulation's on your growing squishy!! I'll look forward to your gender scan update!!

Shona I totally get where your coming from! I didn't do much with Auron as a baby. Did a baby massage class with sure start, and went to a few post natal exercise classes, but felt like there was a bit of a 'click' in it so I only went to a few cause I jus felt uncomfortable. Regardless of having conversation's with the other mum's at the group, the thing that's really driving me to go is Auron. It's good for him to interact with other kid's, and he's really enjoying it, so we'll keep goin as long as we can :happydance:

Karen :happydance: HAPPY 3RD TRI!! Glad to hear your doing well!! Hope your getting plenty of R&R, these next few month's will fly by!

Rachael Wow, last minute moving! Hope your getting lot's of help with the moving :hugs:

Wendy Your one lucky lady!! Sound's like you had a wonderful v-day with such lovely gift's from your hubby!! The crib look's fantastic, and you have fantastic taste in jewellery! Beautiful!! I'd love to try latch hook, some really cool stuff out there!!

Carly Where has the time gone?! Feel's like only yesterday we found out you were having a boy!! Best of luck to you with labour, can't wait to hear all about it and see the little dude :hugs:

AFM Had a bit of a stressful day with an incredibly clingy Ely :wacko: Had no choice but to let him cry and scream for a few min's while I got Auron juice re-fill's, sorted lunch and went to the toilet! Bloody nightmare, just wanted to run away lol. Well there both asleep now, and pizza is on the way!! Can't wait, I'm blimin starvin!! Anywho, best be off, gonna watch house of flying daggers (which is awesome) while we munch

Jasmin I don't know why but I had convinced myself I was having a boy and was really starting to look forward to it then I found out I was having a girl lol. My instincts are rubbish! Have always wanted a girl though so am really excited x

Nat I was actually reading an article online yesterday that was saying it was completely normal for babies to have seizures up to about 4 months of age and sometimes its more worrying if they don't have some. You learn something new every day! Fab news about your hubby's work, he's working more than me who is permanent full time :haha: Long may it continue! x

Carly Lovely to hear from you. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, it's very sad to hear about someone taking their own life. I hope he is in a happier place now. All the very best with your labour hun, I can't wait to hear all about it and to see pics of your gorgeous little boy :flower: x

Natasha Hope Ely's in a better mood today, you might have to invest in one of those baby slings so you can get on with things in peace lol x

Well I had my midwife appointment on Wednesday and all is well! Thankfully my glucose test came back clear. I do have a trace of protein in my urine but said as it was just a trace not to worry about it. They will retest in 3 weeks to see if any change. She had a listen to bubba and a feel of my tummy and unbelievably my wee girl is head down already! I wasn't expecting that at 7 months. She was wanting me to start antinatal classes next week but they are on Friday afternoons and I just can't get the time of work, so she is going to see if she can run another set starting at the end of April when I finish work and I can hopefully go then.

Well I am off to get some lunch, don't think i've much planned for this weekend. Maybe visit hubby's gran, it's been a while and she always spoils us with her lovely baking and cooking, yum! To be honest i'm hoping to get some quiet time, been doing a bit too much lately so would be nice to have a day in the house. Saying that though, I have bought a new fancy iron and ironing board and I am very sad person who actually can't wait to try them out :haha: I am sure the novelty will wear off very quickly! Speak to you all soon :flower: x

:happydance: HAPPY DUE DATE CARLY!! :happydance:

Wendy Bet you can't wait to go on maternity now!! The end is in sight!! I hope you get to do some antinatal classes!! Get some good info/tip's and meet other couple's in the same baby boat!!

AFM I was very sad to hear about the passing of another ex co-worker. We hadn't spoken since we worked together, but he was a great guy and very funny! He and his girlfriend were killed in a motorcycle accident on Saturday, and from what the news suggest's, it was a 17year old's fault for dangerous driving, who is on bail until May 4th. Very very sad news. Unfortunately, part of me is thinking "they say it come's in 3's", as there was another ex co-worker who died just before christmas (from the same old workplace too) as she lost her battle with cancer. Both were only 25 :cry:
Anyway, other than the sad news, we are all fine and well. Got the lounge finally changed back to the way I like it, so I no longer have to fear of coming down the stair's and falling over one of Auron's toy's! We kind of tag teamed cleaning/looking after the kid's on Sunday, so the place is looking good (not great, we have alot of clutter, but as good as it can be for now!)
Oh, and the blue ray player (that we had such a massive haste with getting from argos) has gone on strike!! It wouldn't turn on, and after changing the lounge yesterday it did turn on, but wont play anything :dohh: there's no reason why it shouldn't work, so we're hoping we'll be able to get it replaced!

Welcome Jasmin! Congrats on your little bean :) your gender scan will be here in no time.

Shona I hope the headaches have eased up for you now :hugs: we moved in on the 10th of feb! Love that we are paying our own mortgage now and not someone elses!

Natalie sorry to hear little Saranna had a seizure. I know all to well about how terrifying they can be, I used to live next door to my aunt and one of her daughters were very prone to them anytime she over heated. Glad to hear shes doing well otherwise :hugs:

Karen hope your still keeping well :hugs:

Rachael not sure the exact date yous were getting the keys but I hope the moving goes easy and quickly for yous :) I cant believe your 34 weeks already, its gone so fast! Are you still working or have you finished up now?

Wendy that is a beautiful ring you lucky lady! Nursery is looking lovely :) We've just painted our nursery, ordered the bedding and need to sort a carpet, so much to do :dohh: Hope yous have managed to find some time to just relax, you always seem so busy!

Carly i'm very sorry to hear about your cousin :hugs: I hope little Sam got here safe and sound and didnt keep yous waiting around too long :) Look forward to seeing him and reading your birth story.

Natasha hope yous are doing well and Ely letting mummy have a minute to breathe! :hugs: Oh you've really had no luck with that blu ray player :dohh: hope yous get it sorted. Sorry to hear about your old co-worker, such a shame :( A boy DF went to high school with was murdered the other weekend, his girlfriend who is just 19/20 years old stabbed him and he died instantly, she's also out on bail. Apparently she was seeing mental health workers so no doubt she wasn't well its just so tragic, he was only 22.

Adrienne I hope your doing well and your knee's healed up just nicely!

AFM.. After feeling confident about the homebirth things took a drastic turn at my last midwife appointment were I seen a different consultant at the health centre who reckons they wont be able to advice on a homebirth until a few more scans and much further along (38 weeks!!) How on earth she expects me to wait until then to get my house ready for a homebirth is beyond me :dohh: I am seeing my own consultant at the hospital next friday for another scan and I will ask her opinion. The last I spoke to my own midwife and consultant they assured me that the cyst at its current size would have no affect on a normal vaginal birth so why should it affect a home birth?! They are also trying to use my complications with Kyle as a reason for me not to have a homebirth, however the Parvo virus is a variable factor and CANNOT happen again. Once sorted it had no affect on the rest of my pregnancy or my birth. Just seems like they really dont want to agree with this homebirth!

Anyway DF painted the nursery and we've ordered this bedding set
https://www.timeforbabystore.com/pr...d=137&osCsid=407aa5dd3ab6166c1fe95e931192fdcb
Kyles swing is working fine, we have the baby gym and bouncer, just the practical bits to get now! Baby bath etc. Its getting very exciting now

Arlene I heard about that, very tragic. What a small world it is!!
Your nursery bedding look's amazing!! Such a cute set. And happy 3rd tri!! Hope they give you a :thumbup: soon for the homebirth, then it'll all come together and be here in no time at all!! It's so exciting :happydance:

Carly I'm itching to see pix and hear all about your story, hope you get on soon!!

All Ladies Been a bit quiet here so no doubt your all very busy, though I hope your all well, not getting too stressed out and keeping healthy! :hugs:

AFM Nick and Auron are going to see Nick's nan Wed-Fri, so it'll be just me and Ely and I can't wait!! Might actually be able to do some cleaning :rofl: and quality time with Ely without feeling guilty for Auron will be great too!! (Ely's currently asleep and Auron's watching cars) Then saturday I'm booked into have a massage, facial and manicure, as part of my mothers day, and on sunday were having professional pix taken at pixi photo!! Really lookin forward to it! Gonna get myself a new outfit on wednesday for it, and I had my hair cut last thursday :happydance: The amount that came off could have made a wig (which I'll probably need if my hair keep's coming out in the amount that it is every time I wash it! It's depressing!!)
The sun is shining, it's a glorious day, and we have to stay in for Argos to come and pick up the blu ray player and surround sound!! :dohh: We're being refunded, but it will be interesting to see if it will be the amount we paid, or the amount it's worth, as we ended up getting one that was about £60 more than what we paid with all the complications. Would be a bonus if we got the extra lol. Nick's decided he's just gonna get a blu ray, as we didn't use the surround sound as much as he thought we would (which I'm more than happy with!!) So for now, we can't watch cloudy with a chance of meatball's, and I think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms :rofl:
Anywho, I'm off to get some washing up done while Ely's asleep to let me!! I just hope that Auron keep's it down, he keep's shouting with excitement at the t.v "MATER!! MATER!!" and jumping up and down :haha:

arlene, I hope you get to have your homebirth. Love the bedding.

natasha, I hope you will post your pictures once you have taken them. Umm, the massage sounds so good right now. I hope you enjoy every minute of it too.

AFM, I am doing well. Just getting larger and I seem to have a hungry of a football team. :rofl:

Sorry I've not been about. We got the keys on Sunday morning and so sunday we cleaned a took some stuff over. Yesterday I sorted out the nursery and we took some more stuff over. Today our cooker is coming and I'm working. I then have 4 days next week and I'm finally done. Off the rest of this week? Big stuff is being moved tomorrow. Will have a proper catch up when I have Internet again on the 26th

Wow lots going on with you ladies. I think that most of you are in third tri now if I'm not mistaken. If not third tri late in second tri. How exciting. Lots of moves going on too. It sounds like everything is going well for everyone and I couldn't be more pleased for you all.

Hi ladies I just wanted to say Hello, I know its been forever.

Samuel William was born March 1st @ 5:37pm he weighed 8lbs 7ozs and was 21inches long.

I will post my birth story soon, it wasn't what I hoped for but we both were safe and Sam is just as perfect as a baby can be. I will post pictures soon. I am on my husbands work laptop and its about to die. But I will be doing HW tomorrow on my main computer so I will take the time to post birth story and photos. I hope everyone is doing well.

Congratulations Carly!!!! I can't wait to read your birth story and see pictures of Sam. Glad you and Sam are well.

Congrats Carly!! I'm glad you and Sam are doing well, and I can't wait to see pictures of your little man!!

Congrats Carly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"