Pregnancy Group open for anyone at any stage of your pregnancy. All Welcome!

Nothing at all ladies! This baby must know what its coming out too and realises its an easier life in there :haha:

:( nothing worse than being late, I hope you get a homebirth like you wanted. What date do you have until? xx

My on call ends on thursday, i've got induction booked for friday providing a scan and ctg on thursday afternoon show all is well. I'm praying baby comes before friday but not holding out much hope.

I ended up at hospital this morning, I have a UTI and its agony! I seen midwife on friday about needing to pee loads and she sent a sample away but it progressed pretty fast, so on antibiotics and painkillers now. Labour would not be very ideal today :dohh:

hope everyone else is well!

Arlene I really feel for you, I hope something happens for you soon! :flower:

Do they keep you all the way to 14 days late? They only let you go up to 10

at the most here. Being late is so common I wonder if I will ever go on my

own. Was your little one late too? I think Im getting a UTI too its awful

xx

Oh Arlene! I hope LO comes soon to give you some relief. Hope the UTI lets up too! :hugs::hugs:

Shona the guidelines for induction are 40+12, although most women are offered it before this. I'd rather go way over that than be induced to be honest! Labour with Kyle started at 40+2 and I had him 40+4 so he wasnt this impatient :haha: did you go over with your son?

So I woke up feeling alot better today! Still some pain around my kidney area but nothing like yesterday. Antibiotics are working a treat! :) And in even better news, 90% sure im in labour! Was very wet between the legs when I woke and after wiping found lots more show, its increased all day. Been having contractions since late this morning, they've increased in intensity but not lasting very long and not yet regular. Looks like I might get my homebirth afterall :happydance:

Can't wait to hear the news! Sending you labour :dust:

Hope you got your home birth Arlene and your little one is already here safe and sound xx

Shona the guidelines for induction are 40+12, although most women are offered it before this. I'd rather go way over that than be induced to be honest! Labour with Kyle started at 40+2 and I had him 40+4 so he wasnt this impatient :haha: did you go over with your son?

So I woke up feeling alot better today! Still some pain around my kidney area but nothing like yesterday. Antibiotics are working a treat! :) And in even better news, 90% sure im in labour! Was very wet between the legs when I woke and after wiping found lots more show, its increased all day. Been having contractions since late this morning, they've increased in intensity but not lasting very long and not yet regular. Looks like I might get my homebirth afterall :happydance:

Oh thats fab hunni and hoping it gets more intense :haha: Im taking that yur offline is a good sign. I was induced with Cody at 40+10 and will be the same if I dont go on my own. Im hoping your announcing the birth of your little one soon, cant wait to hear the sex, name and pics! :baby:

They seen white cells in my urine sample this morning but wont give me anything until its be analysed so I will have to wait until friday now :( Still really sore but hey ho. Glad your feeling better now just in time for the labour.

Good Luck hun! Just to ask I never seen a show as was induced what is it Im looking out for as in losing mucus plug?

xxx

Oh so exciting Arlene I hope you're able to have the home birth that you have hoped for. I'm also glad to hear that your UTI is clearing up fairly quickly. Good luck with everything hun.

Shona sorry you have a UTI as well. You have really had a rough time of it during this pregnancy. I hope once you get your meds it clears up just as quickly as Arlene's has.

Shona- hope you feel better soon. The nurses told me to look out for something that looked like snot lol. I never saw mine, just saw my bloody show as I arrived at hospital. I got nothing in advance apart from back ache x

Shona- hope you feel better soon. The nurses told me to look out for something that looked like snot lol. I never saw mine, just saw my bloody show as I arrived at hospital. I got nothing in advance apart from back ache x

Ive been getting greeny snotty mucus for last couple of days on and off mixed with just creamy white. I never got a show either until after my sweep which is when I started bleeding. They took a swab tho just to make sure not an infection but I had it a couple of months ago and was fine. Im a bit annoyed Im measuring 2 weeks behind exactly the same as I did with Cody at the same point but ive put on another 2lbs in 5 days so who knows lol..... but her head is down which is maybe why. But she checked bloods for liver function and placenta cos of my headaches which made me panic but Im sure they are tension and trying to limit my caffeine as much as possible and possibly just hormonal headaches. Thanks hun..... was the most horrendous headache I have had in a long time was fine til about late afternoon and niggly headache again now but no where near as bad so hopefully wont come back really bad later xx

Thanks ladies for your well wishes!

Sorry its so late, but LO is a breastfeeding champ and knows how to keep me busy :dohh: I'm so very proud to say I had a beautiful baby girl born into water on 12/06/12 weighing an unexpected 8lb 4.6oz! She was 51cm long! I was very neat and no one expected a baby much over 7lb! We called her Zoe :cloud9: and Kyle is just delighted with his little sister :)

My labour and birth was amazing and I cannot fault the midwives who came to my home. Contractions had really become intense around half 3 so I decided to give them a call, it was 2 midwives i'd never met. They asked a few questions about my birth plan and then I never spoke to them again till I was starting to push. They just left me and damien to it in the dining room which was set up with birthing pool, ball etc. If they had to know anything they spoke through DF which was another thing I'd requested. I didn't have any examinations till the very end and that was only because she was sure baby was nearly here and I was still just breathing through contractions. Much to my surprise my waters had gone and babys head was very nearly there, I gently pushed for 20 minutes and then one of the midwifes spoke me through breathing her out, damien caught her and revealed the sex. Against my consultants wishes my midwives allowed the cord to stop pulsing before cutting, and then I stood up from the pool and with one small push the placenta came away itself, also what I'd wanted however the consultant had said no. No cuts or tears just one tiny graze. She was born with the membranes still around her head which one of the midwives said was good luck? I've never heard of it before :lol:

For anyone wishing a 'natural' birth I strongly recommend the use of hypnobirthing! It really did help throughout the labour I never once lost my focus, I was constantly calm and focused and even dosed between contractions. The midwives afterwards thanked me for allowing them to be part of something so beautiful! Which was lovely to hear.

I'm trying to do this quickly before she wakes for another feed so sorry for anything missed out!

Shona my 'show' was like the start of a period, I woke up to it on monday and it got progressively heavier.

Little Baby Zoe!!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 7
Oh my gosh Arlene she is so beautiful and was a gorgeous name! I had a feeling you were team pink! You are super woman if I deal with labour as good as you I will be a happy girl. Im very scared now that Im full term.

Are you doing a parenting journal? I hope so super congrats!

xxx

She's absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats!! Love your birth story too! Sounds amazing!

Congats! She gorgeous :cloud9: what an empowering birth story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->