Pregnancy Group open for anyone at any stage of your pregnancy. All Welcome!

Wendypops, sorry to hear you are poorly sick! Being ill whilst pregnant seems to hit you more than normal for some reason! Hope you manage to get plenty of rest for you and your bubba x

Naomi, of course your welcome here. I have everything crossed for you :hugs:

Naomi Yey! :happydance: Good to see you here! I hear you Mrs, i am litteraly counting down the days till I'm 12 weeks. It probably sounds so stupid but I love coming on here each morning just to see that my ticker has moved on a day :haha: It keeps me going! When is your first midwife appointment? x

Emma Thanks hun, I got ten times worse after that last post it was awful! I was burning up, my head was pounding and my eyes felt like they were on fire so I thought I should try and lie down in the dark, but five mins after lying down I felt I really had to throw up. So I sat hugging the toilet bowl for ten mins but did nothing but gag. Then I started crying cause I felt so weak and ill. How pathetic eh lol. Hubby wanted to call the doctor but I wouldn't let him and said I remembered you saying that eating helped with your sickness (thanks so much for that) so he got me a bowl of strawberries from the fridge and I munched them with a glass of water. You've no idea how much it's helped already! Sicky feeling has gone and I feel a good bit stronger. Hubby said i've hardly drunk anything today so i'm maybe a bit dehydrated. So I think i'll just get back to trying to sleep. Trust bubba to want to throw in sickness when i'm feel of the cold tho :haha: Take it you will be having a quiet weekend with your back then hun? x

Wendy sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly. Glad Emma's advice helped you feel a little better. Take it easy this weekend and I hope you feel better soon.

Wendypops, glad eating helped you feel better! It's the last thing you want to do when you feel ill but it does work. Try and drink the sports drinks as they will help you more than water :hugs: not sure how this weekend will turn out with trying to relax. I have my car mot in the morning and then we are meant to be meeting the in laws for breakfast and then off to Sheffield to visit Gavins nan. She has had her operation and so far so good! I also have housework to do and soup to make! Not the busiest weekend I've had but busier than I need lol. Make sure you continue to rest this weekend :hugs:

Glad to hear Gavins nan did well with the operation. I hope she continues to improve quickly and is back to her old self in no time. Sounds like you have quite a bit to do this weekend so remember to take it easy on your back.

Emma, glad Gavins nan is doing well!

Wendy, me 2, I have logged on every morning just to see that I am 1 more day along!! Not sure about midwfe appt, last time I never heard from the midwife as it went wrong so quickly. Going to go to the doctors when Adam is off at the end of October, I'll be about 6 weeks by then so will see what they say!
I did another pg test, cb digi this time and got that lovely word 'pregnant 1-2' on it, for the first time I truely feel pregnant!!
Hope everyone is well!

Welcome Naomi and I hope this beany is sticky :dust:

Emma, try an ice pack on your lower back, it might help with the pain xxx

Rachael I can't believe your 10 weeks already!! Have you got your scan booked?

I went shopping today with Adam for some bbq bits as the weather here is so lovely and we just couldn't resist buying some mittens!! So cute!

Yeh it's booked for October 14th, I'll be 12w 3d. Really looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll be able to relax then!

Hi ladies,

Rachael, thanks for the advice hun. Is it normal to feel like your leg is numb/ tingly with sciatica? It is annoying me so much as one leg feels so much weaker than the other! I am so excited for your scan! I am off work that day so will be watching Bnb like a hawk to see your lovely pics x

Naomi, there is nothing wrong with buying little one something. Keep up the positive thinking, I feel we can make our own luck! Hence why I bought a cot early on! I was adamant that little pip was here to stay for me!

Wendypops, how are you feeling now hun? Hope its a lot better :hugs:

Hope everyone else is having a fun weekend x

Well I went to see Gavins nan yesterday and she is looking pretty frail! There was an information booklet on her table and in that it stated that 90% of elderly patients make it through this procedure but die in the following weeks! That was great to hear! I am hoping when we go back next week she is better and I don't want to feel bad about it but she has numerous health issues as it is and now this! Anyway, I'm trying to stay strong.

My back has eased up which is good as I only get a pain every now and again. Although I feel like my left leg doesn't belong to my body as it feels weird like there is a numbness or pins and needles in it!

I think I am going to get up now as I am starving lol

Morning!
Im having a bit of a panic, quietly so as not to worry adam. I woke up this morning with cramps on my left side, same place as last mon which i assumed was implantation... I thought it was trapped wind tmi sorry! It still seems to be painful, not like af cramps but pains ... Is this normal? Im hoping its jut noodle getting comfortable as its in roughly the same place and im pretty sure its too high to be eptopic??
O dear, paranoid at 4 weeks, its going to be a long journey!!

Yep, it's perfectly normal! Well it's not normal, but it's normal with sciatica if you know what I mean?! :wacko: I used to get pins and needles all the way down to my toes. Depending on how far down my leg they were would depend on how bad it was that day :haha: If it reached my toes it was a bad day, if it was my lower leg it was a good day :rofl: I also used to be able to judge good/bad days by how easy I could put my socks on in a morning :D An Ice pack should help as it should reduce the swelling of whatever is putting pressure on your nerve, though if it's muscular then a heat pack might be better, but I'd be wary of a heat pack in pregnancy :shrug: Ice always worked for me but then that's because my pain was caused by my ruptured disc pressing on the nerve :wacko:

Glad Gavin's nan got through the operation and FX'd she continues to do well over the next week or two :hugs:

As for buying things, I was adamant this was a sticky baby and I bought a set from Asda with vest, babygrow and hat the day I got my BFP :wacko:

Pics from my scan might have to wait until the evening - I have to go straight to work from the scan so unless I can upload from my phone I won't be able to post pics until the evening, but I will definitely get an update done!

Morning!
Im having a bit of a panic, quietly so as not to worry adam. I woke up this morning with cramps on my left side, same place as last mon which i assumed was implantation... I thought it was trapped wind tmi sorry! It still seems to be painful, not like af cramps but pains ... Is this normal? Im hoping its jut noodle getting comfortable as its in roughly the same place and im pretty sure its too high to be eptopic??
O dear, paranoid at 4 weeks, its going to be a long journey!!

Totally normal! It's noodle snuggling in nice and tight and your uterus stretching to accommodate little noodle. I had them too :hugs:

Naomi, yes it is normal as long as there is no bleeding. I still get cramps now from it all. I woke up one day early on with really bad cramps and was led in tears in bed but it wasn't anything to worry about. I know its difficult to relax about it when you have had a loss already but weirdly enough i accepted that cramping was fine. Obviously you have chance of getting a little implantation bleeding but apart from that it should only be cramps and seen as you are so early on as Rachael says it is your body adjusting and growing to accommodate your little noodle :hugs:

Thanks Rachael, I am used to having a bad back but this has just been weird lol. Thanks hun x

You're welcome :thumbup:

I should also mention I still have cramps now too, I don't think a day goes by where there's not a twinge of some description! As long as there is no bleeding it's normal :D I actually take comfort in them in that I wouldn't be getting them if the nudger wasn't ok and growing nicely :wacko:

Thanks rachael and emma, was hoping you would say something like that!! No bleeding so ill just enjoy the ride! Feeling very bloated this morning and it feels like pressure now! Phew!
Emma hope your leg gets sorted hun :hugs:
id be lost without you ladies:flow:

You're welcome! I know how nerve wracking it's been for me, and I've not had a previous loss, can't imagine how much you're worrying :hugs:

Emma There's no point telling you to have a relaxing weekend, you don't know the meaning of it :haha: So glad to hear Gavin's Nan has got through the operation and is doing well. It will take a while longer for her to heal but I am sure she'll be just fine :hugs: Hmm I've been having that weird feeling in my leg too! I was actually punching my leg the other day to try and get some feeling back in it :haha: Hopefully it's just a passing thing for me x

Naomi Happpy 4 weeks :happydance: & you can't beat the feeling of seeing the words Pregnant on a digi. Aww mittens are just the cutest! I've only bought one babygrow so far but I know we're heading to Asda in a week or two and I fear what I may end up buying :wacko: lol. I've had cramp type pains too, not period type cramps a different kind. I had to go to bed one night they were so bad but it's all part of our bodies adjusting. I panicked too, it's natural but soon realised it was all part and parcel of being pregnant. I actually like feeling something know, reminds me there is a little bubba in there :flower: x

Rachael Aww that sucks you have to go back to work straight after your scan! I would be wanting to go round everyone showing them my pic :haha: Saying that though I think my scan will be in November and as I don't have any holidays left at work I think i'll have to go straight back too :( Can't wait to hear all about yours! x

Well i'm still not feeling 100% but I do feel a bit better thankfully. Got a christening to go to today, haven't been to a christening since I was a wee wee girl so i'm looking forward to seeing what they are all about. Afterwards i'm going round to my best friends for a quick cuppa and to tell her my news :happydance: I'm not doing well keeping it quiet am I :haha: But I have four best friends and I feel like I can't tell one and not the other, so far 2 of them now so today I will tell the 3rd and i'll tell the fourth in a fortnight when we meet up for lunch. I'm not telling any other friends yet though, that will wait for 12 week scan x

:hugs: Naomi - cramping in early days (or all first trimester long in my case as for many, at which point you can start getting round ligament pains) is completely normal but very worrying - and I can imagine more for you after a loss. As the others have said though, as long as it's not accompanied by spotting or bleeding it's fine (and even if you do have spotting it's not necessarily a sign that it's all going wrong). For all first tri I was convinced my period was coming on every time I cramped, and the increased cm didn't help that feeling so I was always running to the bathroom to check lol.

Emma, glad Gavin's nan is doing better and is recovering from the surgery. I hope she continues to improve.

Wendy enjoy the Christening. Sorry you're unwell but it's for a good reason (ie baby :haha:)

Afm, I've never been a coffee fan (or even been able to tolerate it) but baby takes after daddy already and made me have my first ever cup today :rofl: throughout pregnancy I've had the odd sip of DHs but couldn't resist having a whole cup tonight. Funny what pregnancy does to your taste buds.

Nat I'm the total opposite! I have coffee on both my coffee breaks at work but this last week even the smell of it has made me want to throw up :( Really missing them actually! Hopefully I will get back to normal soon, coffee breaks are not much fun when you're sipping water lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->