Pregnancy induced lactose intolerance?

MrsGax

Reaction score
Umm is this even real? Can this happen? A few days ago, I went to a restaurant and had a cheese quesadilla and those yummy yeast rolls with a ton of honey butter. I got diarrhea within an hour and was worried I got food poisoning... but I highly doubt that as food poisoning is usually way worse than a MILD case of loose stools. I figured okay, it will be gone tomorrow. On wednesday, I woke up and had diarrhea again. No coffee for me then. Yesterday for halloween, I had all kinds of treats with milk in them and drank a GIANT glass of whole milk and was in the restroom having problems within 30 minutes. Then, I proceeded to still eat pizza thinking it would plug me up for today and I STILL HAVE IT :growlmad: It is not bad, no more than 2-3 times per day and very crampy while going. But it is mostly after I have had milk. Milk is a huge part of my diet and I have been drinking it since 4 weeks as I crave it. Has anyone noticed they become sensitive to foods they regularly consume? Has anyone become lactose intolerant during pregnancy? What were your signs/symptoms? I am going to go lactose free for 1 week and see if that helps my stomach and then I am going to drink a small glass of milk and see if that sets me off again. Wahhhhh. :growlmad::nope::wacko:

This is def real..:-/ one pregnancy I was lactose intolerant for half of it and then another I was totally fine until right after the birth and the whole time I breastfed. It's a huge bummer and once in a blue moon I get phases where it acts up not pregnant or nursing. I'm not sure if the lactaid pills OTC are okay during pregnancy but I know there are tons of lactose free dairy products available now.

This happened to me in my first pregnancy, except i used to vomit. It lasted until around 18 weeks then disappeared completely, I found it so hard. Hope it eases for you soon.

I have this, I can't have more than one serving. If I eat too much, it all goes right through me... :( I just supplement for calcium as it is very important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->