Pregnancy pillow & hip pain at night

smurfy

Reaction score
Hi All

I don't have any pain in the day, but when I sleep at night due to being only able to sleep on my sides now past the 20 week mark, I wake up after a few hours with pains in my hip. Have put some pillows in between legs but not helped much. So which pregnancy pillows have you used? I think I need to invest in one now thanks

Hi, I'm having the same hip pains at night, so I know how you feel. I've been doing some research and tbh there's so many pregnancy pillows on Amazon I think it's just trial and error. If you're in the UK, Argos sell one which I've seen a lot of positive reviews for, I might try that first x

I have the Theraline pillow love it but sadly if I stay on one side too long I still get achy hips :dohh:

I had this hip pain in 2nd tri where I was making myself sleep on my left side. I bought a pregnancy pillow which did help, but I also found if you're comfy sleeping on your back, it'll be fine. I made myself sleep on my side and would be so uncomfortable that I spoke to my midwife about it. I still sleep on my back at almost 29 weeks because it is comfier for me. You will know when you can't lie on your back as it becomes uncomfortable. So try not to worry if you are on your back, I often fall asleep on my side but wake up on my back every day, and don't suffer with hip pain because of this :)

Yeah I spoke to my midwife as I was trying to sleep on my left side and it was killing me she said not to worry what side I was sleeping on and it was okay on your back as long as you are not flat out so I stick my pillow under slightly so I am almost on my back but not quite and I also switch sides which helps - your body tells you when you shouldn't be doing something I wake up in the night on my back clearly my body telling me to move :wacko:

I get worse on my left side too! That's my most painful hip though. Try to sleep on my left but spend most the night on my right.

My hips hurt a lot too when I sleep :-( I have a big V shape pillow and sometimes it helps, other times it doesn't, just spend the whole time turning from one side to the other. My aches and pains are all on my left side too! Left middle back pain, left hip pain, left pelvic pain aaarrgghhhh

Yep I have the same pains too :( I have a pregnancy pillow but it doesn't really help .

I'm not as far along, but also find I have hip pain after sleeping on my side for too long. I'm hesitant to buy a pregnancy pillow as they're so expensive! I tried the pillow between my legs and that helped a bit, but I found placing a thin pillow (like an old one that's been used too much vs a new fluffy one) under my hips has helped quite a bit! We'll see how far that gets me lol

Not sure if you're in the US or UK but if the latter, I can't recommend this enough (I really should be on commision for the number of people I have recommended it to over the years lol!). https://putnams.co.uk/collections/all-products/products/ripple-mattress-topper

It relieves all kinds of pressure points and stops my hips aching when I'm on my side. Personally I think pregnancy pillows are a waste of time. Get one of these and use any normal pillow(s) to cuddle against/lean on. If this doesn't sort you then I'll eat my mattress topper x

My hips hurt to after sleeping on them for a few hours, I tried different pillows and tips but nothing seems to work and I always end up on my back and feel guilty about that in the morning.

Penguin, seriously have a look at that mattress topper I just posted. It's heaven :)

I have a fancy pregnancy pillow that wraps all the way around on both ends. I am still having the hip pain even with it between my legs. I have given up. lol.

I have a leechco pillow and I love it. Without it I have serious hip pain. Whenever I sleep on my back I get uncomfortable and my fingers go numb, so I am really trying to sleep only on my sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->