**Pregnant after IVF Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww chickadeedee and disney, that's so cute! They already have their little personalities :)

That's so awesome and sweet! I heard that talking and music is really good for babies :)
I had my ultrasound today and they were able to tell me thst the little one is at the right place but they were concerned about the size. Its not as big as expected. I think I'm 5 weeks 5 days today. Dr said that it's possible that implantation took later so I should be ok. We are going back on Monday.

OMG, I've been gone for a month and I return to find that all the wonderful ladies I felt so strongly connected to, have decided not to post on that thread anymore. I just went through the history with surprise and I'm sorry I missed it all.

Everyone copes with others' successes differently, and for me, I kinda celebrated with every BFP and it was a positive inducement to say, it can happen to me too! I need to be patient, my time will come.

I'm so happy for all of you... and hopefully I'll join the club too someday!!

I'm not sure if I should post here, I'd be the odd one out... and yet, even though its relevant there, I don't feel comfortable sharing on there anymore. Its like I lost precious friends to someone's emotional outburst. So bummed out. :cry:

Hi ladies mind if I join you? I am newly pregnant after my first IVF and I don't know how to stay calm and not worry as I am still in the phase of checking my betas. My first beta at 12DP3DT was 212 and second at 16DP3DT was 607. I am so worried that it's not doubling every 48 hours, it's more like every 63 hours. I have another test tomorrow. Was anyone else a slower riser? The clinic said I just might be on the slower end and not to worry, but I can't help it. How do you handle the worry and fear?

OMG, I've been gone for a month and I return to find that all the wonderful ladies I felt so strongly connected to, have decided not to post on that thread anymore. I just went through the history with surprise and I'm sorry I missed it all.

Everyone copes with others' successes differently, and for me, I kinda celebrated with every BFP and it was a positive inducement to say, it can happen to me too! I need to be patient, my time will come.

I'm so happy for all of you... and hopefully I'll join the club too someday!!

I'm not sure if I should post here, I'd be the odd one out... and yet, even though its relevant there, I don't feel comfortable sharing on there anymore. Its like I lost precious friends to someone's emotional outburst. So bummed out. :cry:

Hi Megan! It's great to "see" you again. Please feel free to post here or PM me at any time. I'll always be around to support you through your journey. :hugs:

That's so awesome and sweet! I heard that talking and music is really good for babies :)
I had my ultrasound today and they were able to tell me thst the little one is at the right place but they were concerned about the size. Its not as big as expected. I think I'm 5 weeks 5 days today. Dr said that it's possible that implantation took later so I should be ok. We are going back on Monday.

That's great that they could see your bean. You're still pretty early, and the tend to be tiny at this point. Hang in there and keep us posted. :hugs:

Hi ladies can I join you? I am newly pregnant after my first IVF and I don't know how to stay calm and not worry as I am still in the phase of checking my betas. My first beta at 12DP3DT was 212 and second at 16DP3DT was 607. I am so worried that it's not doubling every 48 hours, it's more like every 63 hours. I have another test tomorrow. Was anyone else a slower riser? The clinic said I just might be on the slower end and not to worry, but I can't help it. How do you handle the worry and fear?

Welcome and congrats on your BFP! I wish I could say that the worrying eventually goes away, but for me, it'll probably always linger in some form. I don't have any experience with slow rising myself, but I've seen others go on to have healthy pregnancies with a slower rise. I know it's hard, but try to keep your mind busy until your next test and take it all one day at a time.

Thanks Disney... I miss you guys too much to care what thread its on that I connect with you. And we've already been through supporting each other through tough IVF cycles, successes and failures, both. All I care about is being around friends who understand what I'm feeling. Whether you've already achieved your BFP or not, doesn't deprive you of the ability to understand me. I hope my presence here doesn't bother anyone else here, please holler if so, I'll shut up and communicate on PM if my posts are unwelcome.

Okay, I can't remember if any of you had Implantation Bleeding or not... I'm in a natural unmedicated cycle... According to my calendar, I ovulated 9 days ago, and AF is due in another 5-6 days. Well, guess what... I started spotting last night. Not much, only visible when wiped. Its a little darker this morning but still only on wipe.

Normally I'd have expected this to be the beginning of AF, but another 5 days to go. I wonder if AF is just playing games with me or is this IB? What do you think?

Meghan - as far as I'm concerned you are more than welcome here :) I always just wanted to support the other ladies too but like you said, everyone copes differently...

Koshka - I have read many success stories about smaller beans catching up. I didn't see a heartbeat at my 6 week ultrasound, but it was certainly there at my 7 week!!! I always strongly felt that my bean was a late implanter too.. As a matter of fact I got a negative on a pregnancy test (the digital kind) at 6dp5dt.... So I was completely shocked when my beta showed positive! Just try and take care of yourself and let us know how things go Monday!

Gingmg - I have no advice on how to calm down as I still haven't figured it out!! But I can say that chances are whatever you are feeling/going through now has been felt already by someone here so please ASK!! no worry or question is too little..... Keep us posted with your beta results!!! My first beta was on a Thursday and it was 82.57... The next one wasn't until Sunday and it was 247... So it wasn't in the 48 hour time frame either I guess! But my bean is doing just fine!

Okay, I can't remember if any of you had Implantation Bleeding or not... I'm in a natural unmedicated cycle... According to my calendar, I ovulated 9 days ago, and AF is due in another 5-6 days. Well, guess what... I started spotting last night. Not much, only visible when wiped. Its a little darker this morning but still only on wipe.

Normally I'd have expected this to be the beginning of AF, but another 5 days to go. I wonder if AF is just playing games with me or is this IB? What do you think?

I had signs of implantation bleeding in the form of minimal dry dark blood (more like small specks, and only when I wiped) on the very same night that I decided to test for the first time (6dp5dt...I think I had an early implanter). Because it's so many days before your expected date for AF, and because it's not a lot right now, I'm leaning towards thinking IB. Fingers crossed! :dust:

I have to say I found the emotional outburst that caused us all to leave ridiculous as well. Plus, if you want advice or share your IVF protocol, etc. wouldn't you want to share it with people that went through it rather than only people that just started or are in the middle of it?

Infertility is hard to deal with, offline and online. We all went to babyshowers longing for children, we all had our journeys and pain....but if you are at a point where you cannot be around people
expecting (online or offline) no matter what their background is then you have a big problem because you will be isolating yourself and when you get that BFP you have no friends left cheering for you.

I cried after every baby shower and gender reveal party for 2 years. I went anyway and cheered for my friends, welcomed babies, etc. Was it easy? No, but now it's my turn and everyone is so excited for me! I am glad I pushed no one away.

Plus, it's not like we were bragging about our pregnancies or the type of girls that got pregnant drunk at 16 by a stranger in the back of the truck. It was hurtful to be put in a drawer with these type of pregnant ladies after all we have been through!

Allika, I agree with you 100%. We've all been there for each other through one of the most difficult phases : physically, emotionally, spiritually, socially... the fertility issue is the most challenging of all challenges in our lives. And if we are there for each other through a difficult time, should we abandon or push away the ones who achieve success? Its ridiculous!!

Resentment for another's good fortune may be human, but this was totally unfair. Being hormonal isn't an excuse to hurt others.

It was cruel and unusual to do this to a group of women who have experienced the same trials as yourself, and it makes me mad that her single-minded thoughtlessness pushed away the people who were rooting for the ones still trying. Everyone was, and still is, just trying to help others and contribute in any way they can.

Yes plus when she had her retrieval and transfer there were barely any people commenting because no one dared to say anything even if it were encouraging. It was just an online example for me that showed what happens if you push people out because you can't be happy for them.

I was really struggling with commenting on the old threat about her reaction because all I kept thinking was "is this what she wanted? To post here and have no one reply?"

What a life lesson in just 2-3 pages of a Internet forum: "if you make it all about yourself, nobody will make it about you when the time comes for you!" She won't be getting the congrats or the "how are you feeling?"...not sure if that's what she wanted :/ ...

Plus, just because we got pregnant it doesn't mean we forgot how we got here! In fact I feel so weird talking to pregnant ladies that got pregnant "the natural" way and now worry about labor! I am so not concerned with that! I feel like I had pre-partum and everything that happens now will be a piece of cake in comparison to the emotional roller coaster ride I had!

I have to say I found the emotional outburst that caused us all to leave ridiculous as well. Plus, if you want advice or share your IVF protocol, etc. wouldn't you want to share it with people that went through it rather than only people that just started or are in the middle of it?

Infertility is hard to deal with, offline and online. We all went to babyshowers longing for children, we all had our journeys and pain....but if you are at a point where you cannot be around people
expecting (online or offline) no matter what their background is then you have a big problem because you will be isolating yourself and when you get that BFP you have no friends left cheering for you.

I cried after every baby shower and gender reveal party for 2 years. I went anyway and cheered for my friends, welcomed babies, etc. Was it easy? No, but now it's my turn and everyone is so excited for me! I am glad I pushed no one away.

Plus, it's not like we were bragging about our pregnancies or the type of girls that got pregnant drunk at 16 by a stranger in the back of the truck. It was hurtful to be put in a drawer with these type of pregnant ladies after all we have been through!

Thank you for saying this as I was thrown back when I read her post....when she was pregnant the first time I was nothing but happy for her.....I had to do 4 ivf cycles in order to get a bfp. I am on another forum with ladies who have already given birth from their cycles and I'm now getting a bfp....I stayed wishing them luck and they stayed rooting me on! I'm happy we were able to move over but it shouldn't have been that way; she should have left if she felt a certain way :/
Megan hi ;)

Congrats on the BFP!!!!! That's awesome! Did they schedule an US for you yet?

Megan, sooo happy to see you here! Please feel free to pop in anytime! I felt like the outburst was caused right after my boy/girl gender announcement (though I also listed a few minor issues with our baby boy). I was hoping for some happy and also encouraging words. Not that. I was nothing but happy for anyone who got their BFP there and was encouraged one day it will happen for me too! Im sure many other ladies there and here felt the same. And I knew there were some ladies there who wanted to hear my news! Anyway, I have to admit this forum here is great!

Megan, sooo happy to see you here! Please feel free to pop in anytime! I felt like the outburst was caused right after my boy/girl gender announcement (though I also listed a few minor issues with our baby boy). I was hoping for some happy and also encouraging words. Not that. I was nothing but happy for anyone who got their BFP there and was encouraged one day it will happen for me too! Im sure many other ladies there and here felt the same. And I knew there were some ladies there who wanted to hear my news! Anyway, I have to admit this forum here is great!

I was definitely eager for your news! :hugs:

That was actually her second IVF cycle. I believe she hung around on the thread until she unfortunately miscarried at 10 weeks. I hope she's doing well after her transfer, but I didn't dare go back to that thread. Everyone here has been great. If I ever share too much about my LO, just let me know. :thumbup:

So...I missed a call from my doctor this afternoon. :dohh: She left a voicemail on my cell phone indicating that she wanted to talk about my test results. She said "nothing urgent, but I wanted to go over some things." I'm expecting bad news, but who knows. :shrug: It's a shame because I was home all day and the house phone never rang. I've also been watching my email inbox like a hawk all day because all of my test results always get posted online, and I always get an email when my doctor releases them to me. No emails or test results, though. :nope: I really want to know my results. :wacko:

That was actually her second IVF cycle. I believe she hung around on the thread until she unfortunately miscarried at 10 weeks. I hope she's doing well after her transfer, but I didn't dare go back to that thread. Everyone here has been great. If I ever share too much about my LO, just let me know. :thumbup:

So...I missed a call from my doctor this afternoon. :dohh: She left a voicemail on my cell phone indicating that she wanted to talk about my test results. She said "nothing urgent, but I wanted to go over some things." I'm expecting bad news, but who knows. :shrug: It's a shame because I was home all day and the house phone never rang. I've also been watching my email inbox like a hawk all day because all of my test results always get posted online, and I always get an email when my doctor releases them to me. No emails or test results, though. :nope: I really want to know my results. :wacko:

May I ask what kind of tests had you done? I'm sure everything is fine since she said it's not urgent. Try not to worry and give them a call back tomorrow morning.

I failed my 1h test last week and am doing the 3h test tomorrow morning! Not looking forward to it :(

May I ask what kind of tests had you done? I'm sure everything is fine since she said it's not urgent. Try not to worry and give them a call back tomorrow morning.

I did my glucose screening yesterday, and I got my iron levels checked too. The thought of having to repeat the glucose screening (which is a 3 hour test with 4 blood draws) or possibly getting gestational diabetes is what I keep dwelling on. I've always been small framed with normal weight, and I have no risk factors for diabetes, but I don't think that necessarily matters during pregnancy. I'll be in meetings for much of tomorrow, so I'll hopefully be able to take her call tomorrow (the office number is part of a phone tree, and phone calls always require a call back).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"