pregnant after m/c

lola1985

Reaction score
hi, i m/c at 10 weeks 5 days in june and i have just found out this morning that i am pregnant again. i had a really bad time when i m/c and all i have dreamed about is this day, but, i feel nothing! not even fear, anxiety or worry. I understand that its is normal not to feel happy because of past experiences but I dont feel a single thing, is this normal? has anyone felt similar? thanx

It will take a while for it to sink in. Maybe you don't want to get attached until you know everything is ok?

yes its normal. i think its a defence mechanism, probably also shock aswell. im sure the emotions will come flooding in when those hormones kick in. somedays i feel like this due to m/c in feb.
xx

I'm sure once you get to a stage that you feel is safe to start being happy, you will honey!! I agree with Rikki you are prob just to scared to let yourself be excited after what happened last time!! I'm sure you will be really happy about it soon x

i know how you feel kinda hun, When I fell with this one after a MMC in March I was kind of in denial after I missed my AF, I was petrified to test and although it was all I wanted A BFP I was so terrifed. Its only now at over 9 weeks its really begining to sink in that this time it just might all work out ok xxxxx

Hey there pet,

I'm in exactly the same boat, I had a mmc in june and am preg again. I feel a little numb and disconnected and that is because pregnancy doesn't equal baby in our eyes. I wish you the best of luck feel free to pm me x

It is normal hun, even know i feel i cant get exited about baby because i just cant see the end result, the only other time ive been pregnant i lost the baby so it just doesnt seem real. I think it will when i get closer to the time. I think the time will come for all of us when we think 'omg im having a baby!!' :) Hope your ok xxx

i had a MC in feb. and am now prego again. It took me a little while to get used to the idea and now that I have seen baby and heard HB things are starting to sink in. Your def. not alone on this one.

Know exactly how you feel.......m/c's in june and march this year at 6/7 weeks.......lost one last august at 10 weeks..........I am still pretty jittery,expect to see blood every time I go to the loo!!

Be strong, look after yourself and we will all get there :hugs:

hello
i was just about to post about the same thing nearly. except i was told that if/when i got pregnant again then i would be offered an early scan i am 5 weeks and 3 days today so went to the doctor who was a locum and didnt have a clue how to arrange the scan and said is still early anything could happen . i left the surgery feeling worse :cry: i thought i would feel better . she said she would try and sort out a scan and give me a call at the end of surgery. i just want to know there is a baby there . sorry that turned into a bit of a rant lol .

thanx for all the reassurances, starting to get little twinges of excitement now n no where near as much anxiety as i was expecting so i am taking this as a good sign x

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev133pr___.png

I can relate too Lola. I had a MC in june and now prego again just a short time after. Still don't feel prego. I think once i see a heart beat ill get more excited and know its for real. :hug: not alone...

I feel exactly the same way. I had a MMC in May and I feel as though I can't get excited about this pregnancy. Haven't told my family yet as found it so difficult telling them that I'd lost the last one. Just need to see the little ones heart beat, then I think I'll relax. I'd say the way you feel is just so normal. :hugs:

Hi Lola, i'm just three days behind you, due May 17th! I found out i had a MMC in January at my 12 week scan. I'm feeling a little like you are this pregnancy and it's making me feel a bit guilty but i think its just a defence mechanism and that once i've reached 12 weeks hopefully i will relax and get excited! x

yes i think that it is pretty normal. i had 2 m/c b4 i had my son and when i got pregnant with him i was very cautious. after the 1st trimester i started 2 relax a bit but i didnt buy a single thing til i was 6months pregnant and even after that i couldnt relax completely until he was born. with my 2nd baby i was far more relaxed as i knew that my body had managed 2 carry a baby 2 term. this time i am slightly anxious at times but of the thought that what will be will be. good luck :hugs: xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->