Pregnant and exercising vigorously?

Honeybumbum

Reaction score
Hi there, I am going into my third trimester in a few days and I was curious if there is ever a point where I should no longer workout vigorously. I never do anything that feels uncomfortable, but I do do some exercises where I jump up and down (like jumping jacks or high knees), and I like running a lot. Is this going to hurt my baby if I continue doing it? Also, I am interested in hearing other peoples exercise routines that they have done in the past through their third trimester.

I would check with your doctor hun. Everyone is different. I have heard it is not recommended to exercise vigorously during pregnancy, let alone the 3rd tri. But we're all different and you might be ok with it!

I def think the doc will give you the best answer on this though. They are able to examine you to determine the best advice.

Best to check with your doctor. I'm pretty sure my MIL didn't slow down during her pregnancies, but she also considered labor just a really good work out. My OB banned me from bouncing movements while pregnant (I think to help prevent placental abruption); don't know if jumping jacks would fall under that.

I was lazy in the third trimester and just walked. :haha:

I have an OB appointment in a few days so I will ask about it then. Thanks for your input ladies!

I would say please check with your OBG-GYN before doing any furthur workout. Also I assume your doc was aware of your workouts in previous months of pregnancy.

Usually its not suggested to do hard - core or jumping/ running kind of workouts in pregnancy. Walking and prenatal yoga is recommended.

In first tri, Infact its not recommended to carry heavy loads, put any kind of stress on stomach, or pelvic muscles. My mom stops me from taking stairs, carry grocery bags, travel a lot. But many things we can not avoid, so I do it slow.

In 2nd, 3rd tri, I think bump doesnt allow to do all this stuff.

But like everyones body is different. Also I used to run/jog before conceiving and had stopped about many wks before I actually conceived ( for work and travel reasons).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->