pregnant and single

graceS

first baby
Reaction score
im new to this website as from this morning
im only 18, and pregnant!
My boyfriend (the father of the baby) broke up with me yesterday.
He says hes not happy and he dont want a child.
I was going for an abortion i went to the hospital, and the date was arranged but i cant bring my self to it.
now i have my self in mess single, young and feeel like crap.
does anyone no how im feeling at all?

I'm sorry I can't understand how you feel as I haven't been there and I don't really know what to say to help but I wanted to send you some :hugs:

Same here i have never been in that situation like me and my boyfriend always fell out and got back together but just wanted to send you some *hugs* and i hope everything turns out okie for you. xxx

aww thank you so much.
normally me and my boyfriend fall out and get back together, but this time i dont think it will. he 19 and acts like 9 year old.
xxx

I know exactly how you feel, but my now EX boyfriend did come around in the end and sees Caitlyn at weekends x

i think in time, (hopefully) he will play apart in the babys life.
lads are stange things who i will never understand.

My ex is 24 and still said he wasn't ready for a baby. They are just scared of commitment. Hopefully he will come around, if not, you get all the love and cuddles to yourself!

Heya!
I know exactly how you feel, Im 17 and pregnant and me and my ex/father of baby split up, We were argueing all the time anyway and then when I found out I was pregnant it seemed to make things alot worse as we were both very shocked, scared, and in a mess!
All I can say to you is, Make sure you have support from some one, your parents, a family member or a friend. You dont need him to be there, especially if hes acting immature, aslong as you've got someone thats all that matters, My family have been brilliant, dunno what I wud of done without them!
How far gone are you?
Have you told your family yet?
Ashleigh X

I have never felt this because my bf is with me, but im 17 and pregnant, soo i know how you feel in a way about the mess.. You made the right decision about not having an abortion..you and your baby will be finee.. if your ex doesnt come round then its his loss..hope everything works out alright for you.

im only 8 weeks at the moment.
and some of my family no.
all my friends have children or are pregnant
i just wish i had him there supporting me.
im so glad as well there is other people i can talk to who have felt the same.

Although I'm still with my boyfriend I don't know how long it will last. He's 17 and also acts like a 9 year old. It's like I've been doing it alone. He's only just got a job (and I'm 32 weeks!) and hasn't been paid yet so I've had to buy everything (even though I only work 5 hours a week) and he hasn't been supportive at all. The thought of being a single mum really scares me and I don't like the idea at all but I'd prefer to do it alone than have another man help raise a child that's not his. How do you feel about that? Everyone says 'You could find someone so much better who will love you and your baby so much', but it wouldn't be the same!

Hun, sometimes its best if you and boyfriend arent together, but you can both be parents to your child. If the relationship wasnt working out, or like he said he wasnt happy then sometimes is best to leave it.... Relationships are like glass. Sometimes its better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put it back together ... for you and bubs sake. Maybe he will grow up one day but if not do you really want to put yourself threw anything else whilst your pregnant
Xx

im only 8 weeks at the moment.
and some of my family no.
all my friends have children or are pregnant
i just wish i had him there supporting me.
im so glad as well there is other people i can talk to who have felt the same.

How do your family feel? Are they being supportive?
Atleast you'll have friends to go threw it with and be there for you, and share their experience.
I know what you mean, But some times it just doesnt happen:( There are days when I wish my ex was mature and act like he wants this baby but I dont think thats gunna happen
Xx

Well I know how it goes, my EX left me when I was 5 weeks pregnant, denied the baby was his, his family investigated my dates, then when I had my 20 week scan he decided she was his, but still doesn't feel he's ready to make the commitment, and now I haven't heard from him since I was in my 5th month.

Guys are stupid, You know? A lot of guys will run off then come back, or just walk away because they don't think your ready, its ******ed! We don't get to walk away till we feel we're ready. We don't get to go away and come back, once your pregnant that baby is with you, no matter how ready you are. i didn't get a break to decide whether I was ready, I just sucked it up and said ok. I would never take my EX back, if they can break up with you so easily once they can do it again, also only a complete whore would date someone knowing that guy broke up with someone after knocking them up!

Agreed, guys are stupid! Mine cheated on me at about 4 months and has generally been a pretty shitty boyfriend and people are full of sympathy for him. Aww he's only 17 he must be so scared. I'm only 18 think how scared I am! It's in my tummy I can't just decide I'm not ready and walk away! Makes me so angry arghhh rant rant rant lol.
I know having a father for the baby is meant to be so important but if they walk out then decide to come back when they see the gorgeous baby, don't fall for it!

:hugs:

I was also pregnant and single.
It's very scary at first and I won't lie to you,it's hard.But in end you have your beautiful baby and you can give him/her all the love in the world.

My daughter's dad is around and visits us,I hope your ex comes around too.
If he doesn't he's missing out on something wonderful.

:hugs:
We also have a single parents section,anytime you need a rant or have a question we're here for you! :hugs:

Agreed, guys are stupid! Mine cheated on me at about 4 months and has generally been a pretty shitty boyfriend and people are full of sympathy for him. Aww he's only 17 he must be so scared. I'm only 18 think how scared I am! It's in my tummy I can't just decide I'm not ready and walk away! Makes me so angry arghhh rant rant rant lol.
I know having a father for the baby is meant to be so important but if they walk out then decide to come back when they see the gorgeous baby, don't fall for it!
my ex is only 17, well...18 next month, and his family treats him like a victim. I'm the one who has to endure child birth, the one who has to get up at night with a baby, I'm the one who's making the sacrifices. His mom looks at me like I'm the devil or something. How could I do this to him. How could he do this to me and walk away!? Guys are just as responsible as we are, whether or not they accept it is another question.
BTW he had another girl friend a couple days after he childishly dumped me on myspace. How ******ed is that, and apparently he was already sleeping with her. What a slut.

Im not a teen but i know what your going through hun. My now EX partner, told me to leave his house and stay somewhere else when i told him i was pregnant, Its true, doesnt matter how old the guy is they still dont like responsibilty. He may or may not come round to the idea, but alot of people who have told me on this site, we are all stronger than we know and if your partner can tell you he doesnt want his own child then hes not worth the air he breathes. Sorry if that sounds harsh but im not letting no man hurt me or rule me anymore. Neither should anybody else. xx

i just want to thank you all sooo much, im so glad i found this site, it keeps my mind off things and i can now see there is so many other people going fru the same or been fru the same situation.
i hope he will have something to do with the child, and i think he will.
if only lads could feel how we feel, we have to go fru so so much, they get it all easy.
Also as indianorchi said...i couldnt picture anyone else taking over the father role.

my ex is only 17, well...18 next month, and his family treats him like a victim. I'm the one who has to endure child birth, the one who has to get up at night with a baby, I'm the one who's making the sacrifices. His mom looks at me like I'm the devil or something. How could I do this to him. How could he do this to me and walk away!? Guys are just as responsible as we are, whether or not they accept it is another question.
BTW he had another girl friend a couple days after he childishly dumped me on myspace. How ******ed is that, and apparently he was already sleeping with her. What a slut.

How frustrating is it!? His parents are the same but I was the one with plans to go to university etc and he had nothing planned for the future, had never even had a job. Don't get me wrong I love him to bits (why exactly I'm not sure) but it just really gets on my nerves when people treat him as a victim!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->