Pregnant or ttc over 35 with teenagers?

I am 35 and have a 14 year old foster care son. (obviously there are reasons why he is not with his real parents). I have basically looked after him from birth every night and later on weekends and later when I got my own house, he moved in with us and we are a happy family.

I was very worried about telling him, as "our" family is very imporant to him and his first security he has ever had in his life.

But, big was my surprise when at first he did not believe. An hour later...he asked really?, then wanted to know if its a boy or girl...and gave a little smile.

The next evening..I was about 7 or 8 weeks along..I got home. He came to sit next to me...and he pushed his head against my stomach. I was like: HALLLOOO What you doing? and he said...I just want to hear the baby!

That was so special to me.

Welcome maybethistime what an amazing story it takes a very special person to bring a child into your life that is not your and make him your own :) he sounds like a very special boy and at 15 turning into an amazingly grown up man :) it sounds as though he is the man he is becoming because of you :) that is a very special moment and everything he sees from here on end will make him a wonderful father when the time is right :) congratulations on your pregnancy :)

hi im 38 in november . and my teenagers are 20. 17 and 15 and im preg with the 4th with a big age gap . they just went ewwwww when i told them lol

I'm 38 in November and my youngest is 15 too. Told my eldest daughter a couple of days ago, I had to, its her 18th birthday this Saturday and she would think it was very odd if I wasn't drinking lol. She said she already knew (not sure how) so that made things a bit easier for me. Haven't told youngest yet but might just go for it later.

Hello again moggi and congratulations again:) it's funny how are kids just seem to know lol my eldest made me do a pregnancy test coz she didn't believe me when I said I wasn't pregnant lol I was trying to protect her incase something terrible happened because I had a m/c in feb, but she wasnt fooled lol and yesterday my 12 nearly 13 yr old gave me a hug and I said not so tight because she squished my bbs and she said don't worry mummy o won't hurt the baby lol she hasn't been told I'm pregnant lol but she knows like she knew I was pregnant with my lo 4 yrs ago lol they are alot smarter than we give them credit for :)

That's the type of person my husband is though whereas I worry about others rather than myself.I'd love to be like my husband in that sense but I may surprise myself when the news is out!!!!!
Yeah it is your mum's loss which is a shame,I have a similar situation with my dad.We do speak but to me he is a birthday and Christmas dad(dad split up with my mum when she found she was pregnant with me,my mum wanted to settle and get married but he said no he was too young so she told him to beat it!)I got in touch with him when I was 18 but it wasn't the reaction I was kind of expecting and although I've tried many times to get some sort of relationship it's gone nowhere so I called it a day and just see him whenever.I do feel for my kids but like you I see it as his loss.I do have 2 half sisters and half brother but only see one of my sisters about twice a year.I see it as they know where I am,not doing anymore running.I blame my dad for this but they will see the light at some point.Sorry for that little rant!!!!
That's true also it's not their problem,it will be us that will be dealing with the joys of a newborn not them xx

My parents were together for 40 yrs they split up, she decided to live by herself and cut everyone from her life except my brother and he lives 5 hours away by flying so she barley gets to see him either but you know that is her loss she misses out on our new baby ( it would be really funny if it's a boy because she always only wanted boys and when I had 3 girls she was disappointed she always wanted a grandson so if it's a boy she will miss out on him growing up and knowing his nana) my girls were wrecked when she disappeared from our lives they felt betrayed and now my little one doesn't even know or remember her and she thinks my dads girlfriend is her nana although she calls her by her first name. It's strange how life takes twists and turns and when u get pregnant no matter what the age you lose friends and u gain new ones it's a strange strange world we live in :)

I am 39 years old and I have four daughters ( this is my 5th pregnancy) aged 21, 20, 18 and 18 months old.. so there is a 17 year age gap between my youngest daughters
We have not told anyone about this pregnancy as of yet.. we plan to wait till we are safely out of the first tri.
I am very sure my older girls will be excited about it.. they adore Emily and spoil her to bits..

Welcome future_numan and congrats :) wow 4 daughters and I thought I had it good with 3 lol and I'm also predicted a boy this time wouldn't it be great? I'm sure you will be happy with either as am I but would u prefer to have a boy?

Welcome dragonfly36, wind and stickybean4 congratulations yeah teenagers are funny aren't they lol my children change their minds from one day to the next but that's what children do I'm afraid, one day they have a bestfriend and the next day they hate them and then u turn around again and their bestfriends again and we are suppose to keep up with that lol so don't worry they will all come around and when the babies are born they will forget they ever had doubts :) wow twins??? How do u feel? Are u sick all the time ?how soon did u get your bfp? Sorry for all the questions but I had a dream I was having twins and because I'm only 2 days from 6 weeks I haven't found out how many I'm having lol so please share what it was like in early pregnancy :)

My parents were together for 40 yrs they split up, she decided to live by herself and cut everyone from her life except my brother and he lives 5 hours away by flying so she barley gets to see him either but you know that is her loss she misses out on our new baby ( it would be really funny if it's a boy because she always only wanted boys and when I had 3 girls she was disappointed she always wanted a grandson so if it's a boy she will miss out on him growing up and knowing his nana) my girls were wrecked when she disappeared from our lives they felt betrayed and now my little one doesn't even know or remember her and she thinks my dads girlfriend is her nana although she calls her by her first name. It's strange how life takes twists and turns and when u get pregnant no matter what the age you lose friends and u gain new ones it's a strange strange world we live in :)[/QUOTE]

Certainly is a strange world we live in!!!! But I guess that's life!! That's sad about your mum but really happy for your dad that he has met someone else.Your mum will miss out big time,so silly too and it's the kids that take the brunt :( xx

Well, it doesn't look like you're alone! I have a 16, 15, and 12 year-old---all boys! I'm 40, and our 4th child is due in May :). The teenage drama has hit my house---the boys shared the news with everybody last week---we wanted to wait, but they were too excited :D! Best of luck!!!

Lol it's funny isn't it how kids want to tell everyone lol I want to be able to yell it to the world but no such luck lol I have to wait until I'm 12 weeks coz I just don't want to have to tell everyone again if it doesn't work out! Good luck :)

My kids were desperate to tell their friend but now that they're allowed to i think they've lost interest! My 12 year old was worried about crying and noise at night but he's come round to the idea although he says if its a boy he'll share with his big brother and let it have his room as he's absolutely not sharing with the baby!!xx

That's funny lol my eldest has just informed me that she wants to move out lol but she said what If I want to come back? She has a granny flat out the back and I said if she moved out my second child would get her room and my lo would get the 2nd ones room and the baby will have the lo's room which is co joined to ours it would be perfect but imagine if she does want to come back lol we would have to keep the baby and the lo in the same room nightmare!!! Especially if it's a boy he will eventually need his own room coz I'm pretty sure the girls are not going to want to share with him lol

Just popping in to join the thread to say hello, hope you don't mind, and will try and read it all after work. I have an 18 year old daughter who has just started university this week, and a soon to be 17 year old son who is studying for his a-levels. I've just turned 40 myself but had a very sober celebration as I found out I was pregnant after 19 months ttc :). My family and my husband's family are really excited. My friends think I've lost the plot!

hi im 38 in november . and my teenagers are 20. 17 and 15 and im preg with the 4th with a big age gap . they just went ewwwww when i told them lol

I'm 38 in November and my youngest is 15 too. Told my eldest daughter a couple of days ago, I had to, its her 18th birthday this Saturday and she would think it was very odd if I wasn't drinking lol. She said she already knew (not sure how) so that made things a bit easier for me. Haven't told youngest yet but might just go for it later.

Hello again moggi and congratulations again:) it's funny how are kids just seem to know lol my eldest made me do a pregnancy test coz she didn't believe me when I said I wasn't pregnant lol I was trying to protect her incase something terrible happened because I had a m/c in feb, but she wasnt fooled lol and yesterday my 12 nearly 13 yr old gave me a hug and I said not so tight because she squished my bbs and she said don't worry mummy o won't hurt the baby lol she hasn't been told I'm pregnant lol but she knows like she knew I was pregnant with my lo 4 yrs ago lol they are alot smarter than we give them credit for :)

Awwww it is strange isn't it? I did tell my youngest who couldn't look at me and then said ok, is there anything else you've got to say mom because i'm going out now. I really felt like i'd put my foot in it and you know what its like once its said you can't take it back can you? Anyway........ After she'd come back from seeing her friend she seemed completely different. Apparently they'd been talking about it and now she's really excited about being a big sister.

Teenagers eh? They're a strange breed lol :wacko:

Just popping in to join the thread to say hello, hope you don't mind, and will try and read it all after work. I have an 18 year old daughter who has just started university this week, and a soon to be 17 year old son who is studying for his a-levels. I've just turned 40 myself but had a very sober celebration as I found out I was pregnant after 19 months ttc :). My family and my husband's family are really excited. My friends think I've lost the plot!

Hiya VoodooDoll :flower:

Hi voodoodoll you are so welcome of course we don't mind lol :) and congrats 19 months of ttc that's amazing :) it would be great if u could tell your story on my journal I have a couple of ladies who are still ttc after just as many and more months it would be great for them to hear that there is still hope after 19 months and 40 yrs old :) they need some hope :)
And moggi teenagers are a breed of their own Hun once they have a h2h with a friend the whole world changes for them lol :)

I am 39 in december, I have one 15 year old daughter and am due in May next year. My daughter did not take the news too well at the weekend and is now studiously ignoring anything to do with it. She gets annoyed when I am sick or tired too and as I had a mmc in jan at 12+ weeks she says its not real yet. I can understand her worries as I am a nervous wreck but could she keep them to herself, for once please arghh!

I'm sure it will take time for you daughter to get round it,try not to worry.I have all that to come!Take care x

She is probably just scared and doesn't want to let herself love this baby until it's showing was she ok with the last one? My daughter was really mad at me when I told her I was pregnant with my last child it took her until I was showing for her to come to love her too they don't like sharing their mums with anyone especially when it's just been the two of you, don't worry let her vent and I promise you she will come around :)

Ok update on my little chicken :) I had a scare yesterday I woke up and I had all the normal symptoms then exactly 1hour later all symptoms just disappeared I freaked out and went to the hospital prepared for the worst I spent 2 hours waiting only to have an informal ultrasound and to be told um sorry can't find the heartbeat will need to book u in for a formal ultrasound, so I went home and then went to my 6 week check up with my normal doctor which was yesterday anyway and he booked me in for the same day ultra sound with the words threatened abortion written on the scan papers, so went to scan and they did a normal ultrasound on my belly and saw the baby but no heartbeat by this stage I thought that was it, and I was trying to be brave and not to cry, the scan man said should I do the internal scan it will show a clearer picture but it's up to u, he didn't want to put me through more than what I had already gone through but I needed to know for sure so he did it, low and behold there was my little chicken looking perfect and clear and there was it's little heart beating away :) I'm so glad I decided to have that done otherwise they would have given my baby up for dead, I'm so grateful we found the heartbeat coz I love this little chicken so much and I would have been devastated if it had turned out differently, well if anyone's interested I have pictures on my journal of my 6 week ultrasound :) you are all welcome to come and take a look :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->