Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

Have fun at your class Aks!! Maybe ask some of the women there if they think you are carrying low or high? I guess the way I look at it is if your bump slopes down and is majority low, that's considered "low", but if it's all over rounded, that's "high" IMO.

my trouble is that the "quizzes" ask you "is your belly shaped like a basketball or like a watermelon?".... i'm trying to understand what the heck the difference is LOL

AKS, low looks like you're pregnant more in your hips. High is more like your baby is just under your breasts.

Iambic not sure where my belly is..can I say..it s more of middle..

Girls..iam able to feel strong kicks inside..he he..still unable to feel from outside..so oh Is left out...

Baby s kicks even at midnight..first time it was freaky..but not iam ok with it..

how exciting to be feeling your baby moving!! I am happy for you!

Exciting Aks!!

Update: I am pretty sure I felt flutters late last night and this morning too! and no doubt that I've definitely "popped"!

Hi ladies glad to know that most of u feeling baby's movement. I cant wait to feel my baby inside.
I had my 12 week scan last week which was great i saw my baby n got to know that every thing is ok with my baby... And yeah they measured me at 13 weeks 6 days while i was 12 weeks 3 days so dont know either i believe them or not coz m sure abt my own measuring so i am leaving it till nxt scan.

Hi ladies glad to know that most of u feeling baby's movement. I cant wait to feel my baby inside.
I had my 12 week scan last week which was great i saw my baby n got to know that every thing is ok with my baby... And yeah they measured me at 13 weeks 6 days while i was 12 weeks 3 days so dont know either i believe them or not coz m sure abt my own measuring so i am leaving it till nxt scan.

im hovering around 13w2d now, getting anxious about gender scan and can't wait to feel first flutters. thought i felt something last night... but then i passed gas O= turns out it WASNT a flutter LOL

LOL Kaili!! That's how I first distinguished the two- if I passed gas I knew it wasn't baby, but when there was no gas to be had I knew it was tiny flutters ;)

Amanda, glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly! Very good you didn't land on your belly!!

AKS, can you post a pic of your bump? We can look at it and see what we think. I see you are 22 weeks along, have they done your scan? Sorry as I can't remember at this moment when I thought to ask it. :)

Here was my 23 week bump!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
awww beautiful bump JJsMom!!! I'll post my bump photo for fun too- can you let me know if you think it's high or low? I am totally unsure! :shrug:

Attachments

• IMG_2715.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2
awww beautiful bump JJsMom!!! I'll post my bump photo for fun too- can you let me know if you think it's high or low? I am totally unsure! :shrug:

Lovely bump!! I'd say you're still low BUT!!! you are still only 17 weeks. Your uterus isn't all the way expanded up yet either. Honestly, the bump old wive's tale is when you are a bit further along I think.... I don't feel like mine is very low but I feel him moving mostly low. I know a girl a work that is also pregnant with her second and she is 7 weeks ahead of me. But she is carrying her way high. I'm a big girl and I feel like it's my stomach that is pushing out up top and not Coltyn. But when I took a bath last night I saw my uterus was 3-4 inches above my belly button! (Either that or it was Coltyn's head/body!!) The girl at work looks like her stomach up top is really really round and that's where she is carrying her daughter. She was much larger than me though at 23 weeks. She just hit 30 weeks and it looked like she was starting to drop. Not sure if any of that made sense. LOL! Sorry if it didn't!

Lovely bump!! I'd say you're still low BUT!!! you are still only 17 weeks. Your uterus isn't all the way expanded up yet either. Honestly, the bump old wive's tale is when you are a bit further along I think.... I don't feel like mine is very low but I feel him moving mostly low. I know a girl a work that is also pregnant with her second and she is 7 weeks ahead of me. But she is carrying her way high. I'm a big girl and I feel like it's my stomach that is pushing out up top and not Coltyn. But when I took a bath last night I saw my uterus was 3-4 inches above my belly button! (Either that or it was Coltyn's head/body!!) The girl at work looks like her stomach up top is really really round and that's where she is carrying her daughter. She was much larger than me though at 23 weeks. She just hit 30 weeks and it looked like she was starting to drop. Not sure if any of that made sense. LOL! Sorry if it didn't!

Whoa totally does!!! I love that you maybe saw little coltyn's head too!! I can't wait to see body parts so I know where bubs is laying :) that's a good point though about the theory- at my last appointment my uterus was already just below my belly button but again I have a super short torso (I blame the Mexican side of my family!).

I love the bump pictures! My bump still doesn't show up too good in pictures, but I can totally notice it myself. When did you ladies start using a belly band? I don't have one yet, but I think I should get one in case I need it soon.

My ankle is starting to feel better and only have a few days left of wearing the boot! Yay! Once it feels better, I know I'm going to be antsy to start exercising again, but I'm going to try really hard not to rush into it.

Bmama, how cool that your parents live in the dells! We stayed at Mt Olympus. My nephew is almost 2 and he had a blast :) I love your ideas for organizing a space for your little one. Has your MS gone away now and do you have more energy? It's gotten better for me, but I still feel sick in the evening or the middle of the night at times. I keep thinking it's gone, and then the next day it's back and I haven't notice a big change in my energy yet.

I love the bump pictures! My bump still doesn't show up too good in pictures, but I can totally notice it myself. When did you ladies start using a belly band? I don't have one yet, but I think I should get one in case I need it soon.

My ankle is starting to feel better and only have a few days left of wearing the boot! Yay! Once it feels better, I know I'm going to be antsy to start exercising again, but I'm going to try really hard not to rush into it.

Bmama, how cool that your parents live in the dells! We stayed at Mt Olympus. My nephew is almost 2 and he had a blast :) I love your ideas for organizing a space for your little one. Has your MS gone away now and do you have more energy? It's gotten better for me, but I still feel sick in the evening or the middle of the night at times. I keep thinking it's gone, and then the next day it's back and I haven't notice a big change in my energy yet.

hmm never used a belly band, is that for over the top of jeans? I did the hair tie method (loop it through and hook onto your button) until my jeans decided they were not going over my hips any more :( Then I moved onto dresses for work, and just invested in a cheap pair of maternity pants from old navy that rock!

The dells are so fun I remember LOVING every minute of it when I was that young! Yes on the MS being gone!!!! (hopefully it doesn't make a reappearance now that I've said that...) And Yes to more energy, FINALLY! But, with that said I still get tired pretty easily with activities that normally wouldn't tire me so much, and I'm always ready for bed by 10pm when I am normally a night owl. I'd say my MS completely went away around the 14-15 weekish mark. And it started tapering off first then just completely disappeared, which I hope happens to you :thumbup: Now I just combat feeling hungry all the time, and being uncomfortable when I sleep. Glad your ankle is feeling better too!

Yeah, the belly band goes over the top of your pants so that you don't have to button them or even zip them all the way. If the bottom shows under your shirt, it just looks like a tank top. A friend of mine used that the whole time and never bought maternity pants. I don't think I'll be doing that as I don't think it would be that comfortable. I have heard of the hair tie method, which I'm sure I'll be doing :) However, I have to wear dress pants for work, so I thought the belly band might work better.

That's great to hear about your MS being gone! I really hope I'm like you. So far, I feel like we've been pretty similar as mine has started tapering off the last week or so. I will be 15 weeks on Friday, so I have my fingers crossed, but I don't want to jinx it :) I've also felt more hungry lately when the nausea is not around. I think we are both at the stage where our babies are really starting to grow, so it makes sense.

I never ordered a belly band. I just bought 2 pair of yoga pants that look like dress pants basically but feel like sweat pants. LOL! I have a pair of jeans that stretch and some how they still fit?? They fall down a bit too. Other than that I've used to hair tie method. Probably will continue that.

Hi ladys, I'm off to the doctors :) ill post my bump latter.. I'm getn big

Hey Ladies,

It's been quiet around here. How is everyone doing?

I'm so happy today is my last day I have to wear my boot and my ankle feels much better! However, I've gained 3 or 4 pounds in the last week! Could that really be just because I haven't been exercising? Before that I've only gained about 5 pounds total. I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and I thought at this point I should be gaining about 1 pound a week. I'm not normally the type of person who stresses about my weight, I just don't want to end up gaining 70 pounds, LOL! How is everyone else doing with their weight gain?

Aw try not to worry Amanda, odds are you and baby needed the weight gain! I go to my appointment next Wednesday so I'll let you know how my weight has faired out into second tri. At my last appointment I was up about 15 pounds :shock: , but my midwife said it was probably needed and not to worry. A lot of times the weight gain evens out and if you gain a lot at one point you may not the next. I just want to stay under a 40 pound weight gain! I'm scared about gaining weight in general but I just remind myself that its not for me its for baby :) I weight lifted a lot before becoming pregnant so have a lot of muscle weight, started around 170 and I'm 5'9, but I am soooo scared that ill end up over 200 lbs. I am already ready to shed the baby weight after bubs is born with lots of walking at first and light weight training, then running and swimming! how's everyone else doin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->