Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

the pillow is more expensive on ebay, its 45 plus shipping, on amazon its only 35 and its got free shipping, i ordered it yesterday, but ive also been battling with sciatica since about 3 weeks ago and the doc said i need something between my knees thats firm and promotes airflow (so this seems ideal because i refuse to use another pillow under my head besides my own haha)

wontgiveup, My sister told me about a body pillow she got from bed bath and beyond. My OH went and picked this pillow up for me. It was $20. I LOVE this body pillow!!! Unfortunately OH doesn't as much because it's always between us. LOL! But it is a really good supportive pillow for my growing belly! Hope this info helps you!

Ladies, I know I'm not a first time mom, but the labor part seems so scary! When my doctor told me they were going to induce me the next day with DS, I refused! Of course I showed up and they induced me but it wasn't a terrible experience. My experience was quite nice. Scared me at one point because my body wasn't taking over by dilating more quickly, but once they turned the meds off my body took over quickly and I was pushing before I knew it and pushed for a very short time before my son was born. I hope we all have a wonderful experience this time!!!

akshustobemom good luck on your scan tomorrow! Keep us posted!! xx

JJsmom thanks for the positive story!! I am not so much afraid of labor but afraid of the pain after labor...I am hoping for an awesome and special experience like you had and just remembering that it is natural and our bodies will respond accordingly!

So, just to update you ladies, I had to go to the OB ER today to see a midwife, only because the midwifes aren't staffed at the practice on Tuesdays (the OBGYN is staffed for Peds). I ended up going in because I had a headache for 2 days with vomitting and nothing even tylenol was helping! After phoning the midwife this morning she was worried it might be a UTI and said to come in. After 3 hours and lots of questions, they concluded for now that is was most likely a caffeine withdrawl migraine! I felt so silly but honestly I haven't had coffee since I became pregnant just because i'm turned off by it! So I left with a prescription for a caffeine pill with tylenol and zofran because I was so nauseous. The Dr said that if it doesn't get better it might be the flu, a stomach virus, or a sinus infection bu they don't like to prescribe antibiotics unless you've been sick for 10 days. So, here's to hoping this headache goes away naturally! Dr said to also drink some caffeine or soda lol. The bright spot was hearing baby b's heartbeat :) Hope everyone else is feeling good!!

Hi ladies seems u all doing good wid pregnancy pillows n your appointments.
Bmama i am feeling same like u headaches n vomiting and m hoping it to go away soon. I always heard u feel better after 12 weeks but m feeling worse on the start of my 2nd trimester.
Hope everything will b ok for me soon.

Hey Ladies,

So exciting that some of you are feeling movement! I haven't felt anything yet. The only weird thing I've felt is lots of bubbles, kind of like gas without the gas. But, I've felt that on and off since like 9 weeks, so I'm pretty sure it's not the baby :) Can't wait to feel something!

Sorry you're not feeling well Bmama. Hope it gets better soon!

I came down with a really bad virus over the weekend. I missed 2 days of work and am starting to feel a little better today. It was miserable! :( Hubby felt awful that he gave me his cold, but since my resistance is down I got it a lot worse. The nausea is still there, but I think it's getting a little better. Except last night, which I spent some quality time with the toilet :) I think my body is just exhausted with the virus and all the pregnancy sickness. It's too much! I'm really hoping I feel like a new person in a few weeks!!! Trying to be positive!

Sorry you guys are not feeling well. I can certainly relate. I am trying to keep my eye on the prize. I am starting to feel/see my tummy grow, so the tips on body pillows will be of great use soon!

Bmama, Amanda and Miriam..

Don't worry this phase shall pass soon.u 'll start to enjoy urgent pregnancy soon.

Bmama..have lots of water n buttermilk.best remedy for headache n infections.

Miriam..even I got late pregnancy side effects.started on my fourth month but ended in that month too..

Take care

Girls..

Here s my scan update..I had 4d scan.they took the measurements for 45 mins.so me n oh enjoyed seeing our baby..it was sucking it's thumb, covering it's face wid hands..kicking...so so cute..

Everything s fine it seems.but t looked like skeleton without much of fat.hope t becomes plump soon.

One thing I learnt from scan s.we should have something to eat once in 2 hours.or baby's stomach 'll become empty.Dr tried to take it's stomach measurement.but t was empty since I had my breakfast before 2 hours.then she told me to drink juice.immediately it's stomach started to fill up.she showed us that.

Eventhough we don't feel hungry.better to have something..will post pics tomorrow..'ll get reports today evening..

U all 'll have this wonderful experience..so enjoy it..

Wow AKS!! That's amazing! They wouldn't touch me with the 4D until I went in at 21 weeks and that was only because he wasn't in a good position for the tech to see the heart. So she was trying with the 3D to see it. Unfortunately she didn't get a good look, but that just means I get to go back when I'm 25 weeks so she can get more pics of him!! LOL! I love seeing my little man and maybe she'll even let me take another peek at him in the 4D! He didn't have much fat on him either, but you can tell by the pic that he looked so cute even without the fat! They start plumping up at around 24+weeks. I can't believe they did the 4D so early! I heard they don't do them at all before a certain time because the baby is so bony. Hope you ladies have a great day!

Thanks AKS! That's so interesting about baby's belly! I've been trying to be good about eating every 2 hours but when you're not all that hungry it is hard to remember! I'm actually looking forward to when I get a HUGE appetite because then I'll feel like baby is getting all the nutrition they need :)
JJsmom that is so interesting about the 4D scan I had no idea that you could see so much! I hope they offer it to me when I get my anatomy scan at 20 weeks, would be neat to get a sneak peak at what bubs really looks like! They have private scans by me that I've looked in to but they recommend waiting until closer to 30 weeks because baby is "cuter" according to their standards, which probably just means more fat on the little bub!

btw, I am feeling a whole lot better taking my pre-pregnancy dr prescribed 2 cups of weak coffee loaded with cream in the morning! I can't believe it has helped nipped my migraine in the butt! TBH I also can't believe caffeine had that much of an affect on me. I get worried that the coffee isn't good for baby but Dr said I should keep drinking it to avoid headaches! I guess between 200-300mg of caffeine is safe in pregnancy, so I shouldn't worry but it's hard not to!

Wishfulone, I agree with you. I try to look at the big picture as well and focus on my little baby :) It is fun to see a little bump, I've been thinking I should get a belly band soon. You never know when the pants just aren't going to fit anymore, LOL!

Great news AKS! So exciting for you!

Bmama, so glad you're feeling better! I wouldn't worry about the little bit of caffeine. Whatever you can do to feel good and not put stress on your body is best for the baby!

I wish i was more hungry cause I just dont eat enough i feel. I dont have a big appitie
I hope the baby is getn what it needs, I eat, just not every 2 hours. Ill eat breakfast then lunch then dinner. Im fixing to order some maternity clothes off of walmart.com! :)
Its going to get warm soon so Going to invest in a good pair of maternity shorts I want the Ones were the band comes all the way up and doesnt sit on the hips :)

wontgiveup, My sister told me about a body pillow she got from bed bath and beyond. My OH went and picked this pillow up for me. It was $20. I LOVE this body pillow!!! Unfortunately OH doesn't as much because it's always between us. LOL! But it is a really good supportive pillow for my growing belly! Hope this info helps you!

Ladies, I know I'm not a first time mom, but the labor part seems so scary! When my doctor told me they were going to induce me the next day with DS, I refused! Of course I showed up and they induced me but it wasn't a terrible experience. My experience was quite nice. Scared me at one point because my body wasn't taking over by dilating more quickly, but once they turned the meds off my body took over quickly and I was pushing before I knew it and pushed for a very short time before my son was born. I hope we all have a wonderful experience this time!!!

Oh i hope so, I would love to have my delivery go like that. I plan on geting the epideral But i dont want the full epideral. Im so scared, at first i wanted my mother n law n there, since my mom cant be. But now im freaking out like what if she thinks im a big baby cause i dont tolerate pain at all ill be screaming and everything else.. And prier to her daughters delivery she said to me she better be getn the epideral cause im not listening to that!! I didnt no what to think lol

JJsmom..

u r perfectly right..better to see the baby after 30 weeks..wid a little bit of fat!!!lol!!!Since they dont tell us the gender(here it is illegal).Me and OH started guessing the gender.It was total fun.Dr is verrry smart,she dint even let us have a peek a boo on that gender part!!!

Hmmm got 4d scan pics CD yesterday..but it is completely empty:-( Should go and ask the scan centre ppl tomo.

BMama..

dont worry abt caffiene dear..my Dr told me to have anything till 5months.But once we complete 5 months.She will prescribe some drink which has got DHA in it.It will help in lactation it seems:)It is always better to have soups and juices in regular interval, not necessarily a proper meal:)

Girls..

Started using stretch mark creams??Better to start once u see ur tummy:)I got cocoa body butter from The body shop yesterday.Read a lotttt of good reviews abt it:) I apply it lavishly on my breast and tummy alone.

Got dresses for me..nice loose fitting dresses:)Will start shopping for the baby after May.

Have Dr's appointment tomo.Will update u all abt it:)

take care...

YES to the stretch mark cream! I started using it once my belly started expanding about a month ago. I use 2 kinds, 1) an all natural cream called mother's love which is great also for the itchiness that comes with stretching And 2) bio oil when my skin feels super dry. I am going to add cocoa butter to my mix when I run out of the all natural cream so I can avoid any extra stretch marks! I already have some on my hips from when I gained weight after high school (was too skinny then anyways and needed it!) so I want to avoid more or darkening!

I also ordered my first batch of maternity clothes from old navy! They had a sale and an additional 15% off so it seemed like a good deal. A few skirts with folding tops and tanks to layer bc my shirts are getting too short :haha: I didn't want to buy too much because it won't be warm here for a bit and I'd rather invest in cute maxi dresses for summer time :)

Hey ladies!

I need to invest in some cream for stretch marks, my sister got them and she's pretty small like me. So, I have a feeling I'll be the same. I haven't gotten too many maternity clothes yet. But, I did find a maternity dress on clearance at Target for $8! I love finding good deals, especially for something I'll only be wearing for a few months.

Oh i hope so, I would love to have my delivery go like that. I plan on geting the epideral But i dont want the full epideral. Im so scared, at first i wanted my mother n law n there, since my mom cant be. But now im freaking out like what if she thinks im a big baby cause i dont tolerate pain at all ill be screaming and everything else.. And prier to her daughters delivery she said to me she better be getn the epideral cause im not listening to that!! I didnt no what to think lol

I hope you have a wonderful delivery! I wonder if my MIL will want to be there. I'm starting to get a little closer to her but I just don't think I could have that. I hate to tell her no, but at least OH was adamant about saying no to her being in the room. My little sister said she planned on being there though. I really want her there. I'm just scared OH will be shipped off to basic training before our LO is born!!! Oh!! We finally found a first name! Still need a middle name, but we came up with Coltyn!

JJsmom- Coltyn is such a cute boys name!!!

JJSmom...nice name..Congrats on deciding name:)

Hieee girls,

Went to Dr.She told me to start walking and prenatal excercise.We are gonna enroll in a maternity studio:) Somehow iam getting excited.Asked abt supplimentary drink.She said Mamas best is good it seems. But iam in no mood to drink that.Comfortable wid coffee as of now:)

Hey i have my bangle ceremony(valaigaapu in tamil) on March 27th:) Purchased some bangles yesterday.Have my Baby shower(seemandham in tamil) on april 14th:) Purchase are almost over.

PS:Sorry for the added information abt my functiom.Not sure how many of u will be able to connect to that info.Just wanted to share my happiness:)

JJsmom, love the name Coltyn and I love how you are spelling it!

We haven't talked about it in a while, but so far the names we came up with are Lincoln or Sawyer for a boy and Natalie, Gracie, or Raeghan for a girl.

AKS, that's great that you are going to start exercising! I've always been a runner and am hoping I will be able to run throughout my pregnancy or at least most of it :) I'll definitely do some sort of exercise if the running is too difficult towards the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->