Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

AKS wonderful on your upcoming events! Have fun and enjoy this time :) I am hoping to start swimming indoors soon and keep up with an exercise program throughout the rest of the pregnancy too! As of right now I am doing my own stretching & yoga and walking my dog a few times a day.

So I went to target today and was set on buying a pregnancy pillow but instead I opted for a body pillow and I'm so excited to try it out tonight! I picked out a cute and snuggly cover too :) It was about half the price as the pregnancy pillow so I hope it works just as well! I liked that it gave you enough room near the head so you can use your normal pillow at night. Also not sure if anyone is going to be cloth diapering but I noticed target started carrying charlie banana brand and they are SO cute. I had to hold back buying since we don't know the gender yet. Hope everyone is having a good monday and is feeling Great :flower:

It's a g8 deal to resist the baby shopping temptation.I 'll start buying from may.but we 'll know the gender only after the baby s born.

Bmama..

Did u see ur baby moving it's hand? Such a cute scene na? I loved this scan.my next appointment is after a month.that too without scan.when s urs?

Anyways how to find gender by old wives tale? Is it real? Just curious..help me ladies..

Mine s also pregnancy support body pillow.if I sleep on that, iam not getting bony pain..worth buying..

It is very difficult not to do too much shopping! We started only after knowing gender. My 9 yr old son tried to bring me everything in the store telling me how cute it was and I needed to buy it for baby. I was like I can't buy the store out! LOL! So settled on 3 outfits and just the other day we stopped at Play it Again Kids and bought 3 little onesies that looked brand new. So thought we'd get those. There was just so much stuff I was over whelmed in that place. Too many clothes and not enough room through the isles to walk down!

JJsmom that is so cute about your son wanting to shop for baby!!!! He is going to be a great big brother no doubt.

AKS- I imagine you have a lot of cute gender neutral clothing to chose from at least, no? In America it seems most people find out the gender and its so hard to find cute clothes that aren't oriented for girl/boy. About the old wives tails, here are a few I know of:
-if your bump is carried high girl, if carried low boy
-if you crave sweets girl, if you crave meats/savory food/ spicy food boy
-my friends have said if you have bad morning sickness boy
-if you gain weight all over (face especially) it's a girl
- if weight is all in your bump its a boy
-more emotional its a girl, more calm its a boy
I know there are a ton more but pregnancy brain is making me forget so please add to them ladies!

And yes AKS I did see a little hand moving around it melted my heart! Baby wasn't too active for me but the sonographer did get a good picture with baby holding its little hand up at me :)

we have purchased a few little outfits for out little one. It is early, but I could not help it myself after our last appointment. I also picked up a closet organizer and a wipes warmer that I got a great deal on. We are waiting just a few more weeks to start making larger purchases, after our next ultrasound. I would rather spread out my purchases than try to make them all on the last couple of months.

JJsmom that is so cute about your son wanting to shop for baby!!!! He is going to be a great big brother no doubt.

AKS- I imagine you have a lot of cute gender neutral clothing to chose from at least, no? In America it seems most people find out the gender and its so hard to find cute clothes that aren't oriented for girl/boy. About the old wives tails, here are a few I know of:
I know there are a ton more but pregnancy brain is making me forget so please add to them ladies!

And yes AKS I did see a little hand moving around it melted my heart! Baby wasn't too active for me but the sonographer did get a good picture with baby holding its little hand up at me :)

God...bmama...i think iam gonna have a girly girl:)yayyyy....

yes we do have all unisex dresses.Like white with red,yellow,green and sooo on.But pink is the best color:)

hmm will wait and see..

It is very difficult not to do too much shopping! We started only after knowing gender. My 9 yr old son tried to bring me everything in the store telling me how cute it was and I needed to buy it for baby. I was like I can't buy the store out! LOL! So settled on 3 outfits and just the other day we stopped at Play it Again Kids and bought 3 little onesies that looked brand new. So thought we'd get those. There was just so much stuff I was over whelmed in that place. Too many clothes and not enough room through the isles to walk down!

ha ha that is soooooooooooooooooo cute.I love ur small boy:) he is sooo caring and concerned abt the little baby..i think ur cute boy is gonna have a real good time with his sibbling.Do update us the activities he(ur little boy) does once ur baby is born:)

We've bought the diaper bag all ready lol, and we have one of those womb bears (it attaches to the crib and makes this Noise (womb noises)!
Im going to get my body pillow soon, As for exercise Its been way to cold :cold: to walk or even get out of the house really. I plan on walking my dog as soon as this snow storm moves out.. I hope we dont see much, the wind is awful.
Iv had such a bad week ladys, First we had to put my little dog out side and at the moment she has to be tied I hate it... She screams and crys like shes being attacked by dogs only cause she is so so spoiled lol. But its only been 3 days and i cry every time i here her cry :cry:.. With the baby comeing we felt it would be better to not have animals in the house, its been nice not having to sweep dog hair lol.
Then On Sunday A very close friend of the family was shot once in the leg and twice in the head, we didnt think he would make it, He went from being on life support to opening his eyes to the doc saying they would prob take him off the resperator tomorow. Hes paralized from the left side there not sure if he will ever be the same again. His step son was on drugs really bad and he went off on him with a gun :(
Between him being shot and the thought of what it would do to my family is very heart breaking.. MArch second marked 3 yrs since my mom passed and thinking of her on top of all this other stuff has just ruined my mood.
Any of you girls suffered from headaches cause i seem to get one every day for the last 4 days. except for today!
I pray that my dog adjusts to out door life and my friend pulls through[-o<

aw wontgiveup sorry for all the stresses you've been having this week! Sry to hear about your friend sending good vibes your way that he will heal and be okay :flower:
And sorry about the loss of your mom, no matter how much time goes by it never gets easier. I lost my favorite aunt last year and when I think of how I miss her and the sad stuff it does get me down, I just try and remember that she would want me to remember the positives and be happy when I think of her. And about your doggy, I can totally relate as we spoil ours and have never left him outside, but I envy that you don't have to sweep dog hair up there is SO MUCH in my house I am sweeping multiple times a day and I never seem to get anywhere! I remember my dog trainer saying dogs adjust to new situations between 1-2 months (depending on the situation), so just give it time and know that doggy will be totally okay in the end. Plus once she gets use to it what dog wouldn't love being outside? :)

We've bought the diaper bag all ready lol, and we have one of those womb bears (it attaches to the crib and makes this Noise (womb noises)!
Im going to get my body pillow soon, As for exercise Its been way to cold :cold: to walk or even get out of the house really. I plan on walking my dog as soon as this snow storm moves out.. I hope we dont see much, the wind is awful.
Iv had such a bad week ladys, First we had to put my little dog out side and at the moment she has to be tied I hate it... She screams and crys like shes being attacked by dogs only cause she is so so spoiled lol. But its only been 3 days and i cry every time i here her cry :cry:.. With the baby comeing we felt it would be better to not have animals in the house, its been nice not having to sweep dog hair lol.
Then On Sunday A very close friend of the family was shot once in the leg and twice in the head, we didnt think he would make it, He went from being on life support to opening his eyes to the doc saying they would prob take him off the resperator tomorow. Hes paralized from the left side there not sure if he will ever be the same again. His step son was on drugs really bad and he went off on him with a gun :(
Between him being shot and the thought of what it would do to my family is very heart breaking.. MArch second marked 3 yrs since my mom passed and thinking of her on top of all this other stuff has just ruined my mood.
Any of you girls suffered from headaches cause i seem to get one every day for the last 4 days. except for today!
I pray that my dog adjusts to out door life and my friend pulls through[-o<

Oh baby:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dont worry..your fren will be alright soon.My prayers for him to get better.
Ur mom is always there with u.She will be seeing u..and blessing u.So many things to feel sad together dear.

Dont worry everything will fall into place soon.I had lots and lots of headache.I even thought my BP has shot up.But no it is all pregnancy hormone it seems.If possible put some lavender oil in a handtowel and keep it under pillow.That fragrance works for me.:flower:

Hey can u pls post the pic of ur diaper bag and crib.Just wanna have a look:blush:

About the old wives tails, here are a few I know of:

i heard of all of these except i heard lack of morning sickness means boy...

lets see how i do. i had NO morning sickness, i crave meats and spicy foods, my bump is low, ive gained 10 pounds and not 1 bit of it is anywhere but in my stomach, i have not been emotional at all.

if the rumors are true, id say there's a little dude in there =P we'll see in 7 weeks!

Wontgiveup, sorry to hear about all your stresses. Sending prayers for the recovery of your friend! I know the anniversary of a parent's death is always hard. My dad has been gone for six years and I still miss him every day. But, it gets better with time and try to remember all the happy times you had and not the hurt and sadness :) I think it's extra hard now that we are pregnant, but know that they will always be watching over us!

Kaili, looking forward to finding out if the myths are right for you:)

As far as the carrying high for girl, low for boy, so far this has always proven true for what I've seen.
This pregnancy, I have hated sweets and meat! So that one doesn't prove one way or another for me.
I have only got sick 4 times this pregnancy, 2 times with DS.
I haven't gained any weight as of yet, but that happened with DS also. (I'm a bigger girl too so they only expect me to gain between 10-20lbs.
As far as emotions go, I'm so emotional it's crazy.

I did an old wives tale test online and it said everything pointed to a girl. Well, news to them, it's not a girl. LOL! So take all the old wives tales with a grain of salt!! It is fun to guess though!!!

Wontgiveup, sorry you've had a terrible week thus far!! Hopefully everything will start to look up for you!! As far as headaches go, hopefully your hormones will level off for you soon and the headaches will go away! I seem to get a headache still once or maybe twice a week. About once every 3 weeks I have it so bad that I get nauseated.

Kaili, good luck on your guess!! sounds promising, especially with carrying low! :)

Woohoo ladys no more headaches (knock on wood), Awful heartburn at times tho.. My friend is breathing on his own now.. So thats good news!
Nursery is starting to come together, looking great!

Good wontgiveup...Glad that ur friend's health is improving:)

hope u dont get anymore headaches:)

bmama and jjsmom..

hw to find my belly position??high or low??when i look at the mirror i feel it is high..but when i asked my oh he says it is low..fully confused..

btw..the chinese calender shows it will be a boy for me...lets wait n see....

glad things are starting to fall into place for you, wontgiveup. I am also glad to see that someone else is working diligently on their nursery this early, as I am.

Wontgiveup, glad to hear about your friend!

Would love to hear details or see pics of the nurseries :) We haven't done too much yet, just ordered the crib and dresser.

I tripped yesterday morning and sprained my ankle. Luckily, it's not broken and I only have to wear a boot for a week. I'm hoping it heals quickly and am so grateful I didn't land on my belly! I was very nervous about getting the xray, but the Dr assured me numerous times that it was safe since it was my ankle. I'm hoping to have a relaxing weekend in Wisconsin Dells :)

Oh Amanda thank god you didn't fall on your belly! I hope your ankle heals quickly :) My parents live in the dells! Are you going to any indoor water parks? Maybe we'll run into each other one of these days!

I'd love to see pics of the nurseries too! I think I mentioned this before but we have a one bedroom loft and are only staying here until after xmas, but until then we will be setting up a baby corner in our room. I was watching that show "pregnant in heels" and Rosie did that for someone on her show and it turned out so cute, so I'm hoping I can replicate something similar! We'll be using an Arms Reach Co Sleeper, using a dresser and buying a changing top of it, and we have a closet that runs along an entire wall that we are re organizing to fit the dog crate and all of our clothes + the ones we hang up for baby. Everything else will be in our main room, like books, toys, recliner/glider etc. I've already packed away 2 large containers of clothes that no longer fit and I'm not done yet :shock:

Also did a little more shopping for myself yesterday as I felt good and wanted some dairy queen :haha: Found out I went up 2 cup sizes already! Girls, I went from a low 36B to a 40D?!!? :dohh: I just HAD to buy some new bras, hopefully they last me!

Take care Amanda..that's sad..get well soon..

Bmama..same problem for me.my inner are suffocating.got 2 one month back.that has become smaller Now..

Girls..

Our antenatal class begins tomorrow..will update tomorrow...take care..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->