Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

You all are getting so close!!!

Kaili, I hope you and her husband work things out. It's frustrating when men just don't understand!

Coltyn is already 7 weeks old! He smiled for the first time yesterday while he was awake! I was smiling at him and he smiled back! I about lost it! I smiled bigger and laughed and his smile went bigger! 1.5 more weeks until his next checkup!

Attachments

• 0803131139 (1).jpg
    0803131139 (1).jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
awww bless him his smile is sooo cute jjsmom :) and he definitely has grown alot.
and yes we all are pretty close and counting days until due date :)

Kaili, I know what you mean about DH just not getting it. If only they could spend one day being pregnant and really understand how it feels :)

JJsmom, Coltyn is just adorable! The first smile must be so amazing!!!!

AFM, I am in the process of getting my hospital bag ready. Went to the store yesterday to get some things for it and started to feel a bit overwhelmed. I think I'm going to find some lists online of what people suggest. It's hard to know what I'll want until I actually go through it and try it out, like for nursing bras or camis. But, I don't want to spend a lot of money and not use it.

jjsmom, your LO is super adorable! I am sure his smile just melted your heart! Congrats!

I also think packing the bag for the hospital and be frustrating because you dont want to take TOO much or TOO little. It is good to ask around for ideas from moms who recently had babies because they often can suggest things that they wished they had brought with. I am almost done with my bag. I just need to finish loading music on my iPod and grab some dried fruit and done ;-)

Awwww JJsmom Coltyn is SO cute!! I can't believe how big he is already!

Amanda- the website pregnant chicken has a good list of what to pack in a hospital bag for the states. I found a lot of the threads on here weren't applicable because we get so much at the hospital in the US. Here's a quick list of what I've packed (although I'm probably forgetting something and also am an overpacker :blush: )
Me & OH-
Outfit for OH (socks, shorts, shirt)
Leggings/yoga pants 2 shirts sweater
Sports bra
Undies (3 granny panty styles)
Robe
Swim top (for tub labor)
Socks
Slippers
Travel shampoo/conditioner and soap (I had left over at home)
Small blow dryer bc I have bangs
Headband and hair ties
Brush
Electronics-laptop, chargers, computer & iPad
Breast pads
Maxi pads
Flip flops
Glasses/contacts
Pillow

Baby:
1 long sleeved pj onsie
1 onsie + leg warmers
1 Pair of socks
Scratch mittens
2 hats
Swadle blanket
Bigger blanket for car ride
2 newborn diapers and one cloth
Binky
Burp cloths
Bib

I think that's it!! And some of it I won't add until its really time to go. But in all honesty as long as you have what you need the hospital will provide the rest. :)

Hi ladies! How is everyone doing? I'm so glad it's Friday!! I have a long list to accomplish this weekend and am hoping my energy is there to get it all done, LOL!

Have any of you been checked to see if you're dilating yet? My first check is on Monday. I've heard conflicting things, some people say it's really painful. But, I'm wondering if it just hurts while they're checking or for a while after??

Hey there!! The fatigue is back in full force. Only now it is worse than in the beginning of my pregnancy because it is accompanied by lots of swelling and body aches. Getting close to the end.

I have had to have internal exams at my last two appt. One for strep B test and the last apt I had an internal to check cervical progression. I did opt to NOT have the doc tell ME how dilated I may or may not be. He wanted to check for his records and his sake ( I live an hour from my hospital), but I do not want to know. I feel like it is a mind game. If your at 0, you could easily open up quickly,. If you are 2, you get too excited, but could sit at a 2 for weeks! And you could open a little and close back and forth for a while at this point too. I didn't want to worry bout it. He said things are moving forward, and that is good enough info for me!

It is uncomfortable, but only takes a few seconds. I hate all the extra goop afterwards tho!
How is everything else carrying on.

Hi ladies! How is everyone doing? I'm so glad it's Friday!! I have a long list to accomplish this weekend and am hoping my energy is there to get it all done, LOL!

Have any of you been checked to see if you're dilating yet? My first check is on Monday. I've heard conflicting things, some people say it's really painful. But, I'm wondering if it just hurts while they're checking or for a while after??

I've been checked a few times- the first when I had my labor scare at 32 weeks, and that was SO uncomfortable because I wasn't anywhere near labor, and it felt like she had her whole arm up my whooha. The last appointment wasn't bad at all, uncomfortable but kind of like a pelvic exam. Didn't hurt at all afterwards thou!!

I'm feeling uncomfortably pregnant these days, and it also feels like labor is never going to come for me. Other than that though, I can't complain too much because I have loads of energy during the day which has been helping me sleep through the night more than before. My appetite has decreased, and my weight gained leveled off (even though it's more than I wanted to gain), so I'm feeling confident that I can whip myself back into shape soon after baby b is born ;)

Bmama, I am so jealous of your energy. I seem to have none left these days. It takes everything I have in me to make it through the work day.

This week I spoiled myself and had a cleaning company come and deep clean our house - light fixtures, ceiling fans, oven, they pulled out all the furniture and cleaned behind it. Things I usually do a couple of times a year but decided this time that someone else could do it~ That was a treat! My house is sparkling!
You ladies treating yourselves these days also? We ought to be!

Wishfulone- I definitely didn't have energy like this in the beginning of third tri! I think it helps that I get to sleep in though, and don't have to work until early afternoon. I am not a morning person as is, but when I'm not pregnant I can tough through it, being pregnant if I am up early I definitely feel it!

I've totally treated myself to a few hair appointments and Mani/pedis. I wanted a prenatal massage but haven't booked one yet. So I just make my OH do them nightly ;) I would love a cleaning person but our place isn't all that big so I just do it myself, and at this point I am hoping it helps move things in the right (aka labor) direction!

I have been enjoying one pedi per month, and I usually only get a couple a year. The spa massage feels AMAZING.

Glad you are treating yourself!

You too! Just noticed you're full term! Not much longer for you hun :)

Yay! for being full term, Wishfulone! Great idea on the cleaning service. I know I always feel so much better when my house is clean :)

I got a prenatal massage a few months ago and it felt amazing! My sister got me a gift certificate for my shower, but I think I'm going to save it for after baby comes :)

yes! congrats back. AmandaWI you are pretty much right there also!
My hubs got me a prenatal full body massage in May for our anniversary. That was great. I also spent a full day at a spa with some girlfriends at the end of June. Have to treat ourselves now while we can.

I am starting to notice that I am putting on more weight in my thighs. They had grown just a little up until now. In the past couple of weeks, however, they are really start to get larger. I have put on 27 pounds so far, and that's right where I need to be. But hard to get used to the larger body parts.

I know what you mean Wishfulone. I feel like my thighs are bigger, as well. I'm also starting to get some swelling in my ankles. It's mostly just at night, but it makes me feel even bigger!!

I had an OB appt yesterday and baby is now measuring 33 weeks, which is great! 2 weeks ago it was 30 wks. I had my first cervical check, too. I'm 2cm dilated and 75% effaced and baby is in a -1 position. I wasn't surprised it's already at a -1 because this baby has been so low the entire pregnancy and the last month sometimes it feels like it's already trying to push out, LOL! I'm hoping baby stays in at least a few more weeks :) Especially for work reasons, I'm actually hoping I go late, but baby will show up whenever he/she is ready. I definitely need to finish packing my hospital bag, just in case!

hi ladies u all r doing soo well :)
bmama u r really close to the big day looking forward to hear from u soon n hopefully we'll get to see pic of your little one too :)
yayyy Wishfulone n Amanda u r full term now and getting closer :)
i have started packing my hospital bag but i still need couple of things for me n for baby too...

Cannot believe how far we have all come!
I had an apt today and opted to NOT be told if I am dilating, since it doesn't really mean much to me. but Baby is right down where it needs to be and we are progressing! Interesting to think that even if I go over, the baby will be here in a few short weeks!

We finally finished packing our hospital bag last night minus a few things that we'll have to grab last minute. So, I now feel a lot more ready. Still hoping baby wait a few more weeks, but it's a nice feeling that everything important is in place. Has anyone been feeling any contractions yet? So far, I've had some braxton hicks contractions, but I hardly feel them. I've also had some minor feelings of period cramps, kind of like my period is just starting.

Wow ladies!! You are all so close! So exciting!! I can't believe how quickly time has gone by!! Not too much longer and you will be holding your little bundles in your arms!!

Coltyn had his doc appt last Wednesday. He is now 11 lbs 11 oz!! 22 inches long. Doc said to start adding rice cereal to his breast milk at a ratio of 1 tbsp to 4 oz milk at 3 months. It seems so early to start him on that! He wants me to use a spoon....it's going to be a mess! Here is a funny pic of the boys.

Attachments

• baby 006.jpg
    baby 006.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member