Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

Kaili, I understand! I haven't been on here in I several days because our group started a FB group and its easier to keep up there. But ppl are posting there and here and I can't keep up here that well.

Hello all! It has been pretty quiet in here! I think we have al been pretty busy getting ready for our babies!
My hubby and I went to one of our childbirth classes last weekend and it helped put some of our fears at ease. We have the nursery pretty much ready to go and I have been working on getting a hospital bag ready. We also switched vehicles to something a little more "mommy friendly" than my big ol' pickup was.
I had a fright the last couple of days as I was having a lot of sharp pain and contractions. But the doc says everything is okay and to just take it a little easier.
Hard to think of how far along we all are and how close the big day is getting!!
Hope everyone is doing very well!

Aw wishfulone I had some of the same pains around that time too! I was told to also take it easy, and doing that helped the contractions stop and my LO is still in there :) Now that I'm close to 37 weeks I am picking up my activity levels again and it feels good to be busy!

Yes. Glad i am not alone. I am trying to relax more and drinking a LOT of water. It can be scary. I woid like my baby to incubate for at least 3 moreweeks. I am actually 35 weeks as of tomorrow. My ticker is off. Glad youre also doing well

Oh wow you are super close to being full term!! I know what you mean I want my guy to cook as long as he needs, even though I'm super excited to meet him he can take all the time he needs :)

Wishfulone, glad to hear you and your baby are doing well!

I would love to see some nursery pics, if anyone wants to share! I'm going to try to remember to take some as well. Ours is almost ready. We have 2 baby showers this weekend, so I'm hoping to get the rest of the items we need :)

So glad to hear everyone is doing well! I can't believe you all are so close to having your little ones!!!

AFM, I have to go back to work Monday. :( Coltyn is 6 weeks old as of tomorrow! I went in to work to give them my note and my manager told me while I was in her office that she was giving me a 5% raise! I am so excited! I asked for one in March and was shot down fast! It made me wonder why in the world I was working there anymore. They push and push because I'm their hardest worker left (the other 2 went to different departments) and they want me to train everyone new coming in. So it made me feel real good to get a raise finally! Although I'm probably going to be there for only 3 months...hopefully! Then I'll be able to stay at home when DH goes into basic training. It's going to be so hard to leave Coltyn at a sitters house!! I hate we only get 6 weeks of leave!!

JJsmom its a really good news that u have a 5% raise and i know u dont feel good to leave your baby as he is just 6 weeks but its all part of life one will have to move on to get everything sorted and on right place so hope u ll b alrite :)

JJsmom, that's a bummer that you only get 6 weeks, but so glad they gave you a raise! I can't believe Coltyn is already 6 weeks! Time goes way too fast :)

It does go by way too quickly! I'm having an awful time trying to find a sitter for both of the boys though! My sister decided to give me a "you're a horrible mother if you don't do it the way I say it" speech. She told me I had to do this and that for my son. Either find a one on one or not go back to work. But I can't afford NOT to go back to work! But if I pay a one on one, then I am paying them my paycheck or more! I really wish I could start watching children right now and stay at home!

Everyone else will have their own advice for how to raise your child. But ultimately, you have to do what is best for your family. Nobody else can understand your choices until they are in your shoes. Things are always different from the outside looking in. Follow your heart.

Thanks Wishfulone! She doesn't understand as she was able to stay at home with her second child and get her first off the bus as they lived with my mom for many years. Her husband worked and made enough money to get them through. I on the other hand live on my own and have for some time. My son has behavioral problems and I have to deal with those and we go through the sitters like crazy because he finds out what annoys them and then will keep doing it to make them kick him out. My husband just started a second job and I am going back to work just to make sure we can pay our bills. If we lived rent free, I'd be able to stay home too. But now my sisters kids are a bit older she started work back up and they just bought a house. She doesn't have to deal with my son on a daily basis and doesn't understand what it's like dealing with the sitters that watch him. Hoping I get to only work for a few months then be able to stay at home full time when my husband has gone off into the military. I have found a sitter to watch them both. She is a stay at home mom with a 10 month old. She wants another baby but knows she shouldn't have one right now so she wants to watch an infant to get her baby fix. She will also be able to pick up my son from school starting Thursday! I'm hoping she works out as she is a very sweet person!

Everyone else will have their own advice for how to raise your child. But ultimately, you have to do what is best for your family. Nobody else can understand your choices until they are in your shoes. Things are always different from the outside looking in. Follow your heart.

JJsmom- I'm sorry your sister is giving you such a hard time. I think Wishfulone has great advice though. Everyone is going to have their own opinions based on what worked for them, or perhaps they want to justify their own choices. But in the end you have to do what's best for your family and follow your intuition :flower:

This is certainly time to take everything with a grain of salt. you seem to have your hands plenty full. I have stopped telling my family about my birth plan or my daycare desires because nobody can really understand where I am coming from. A lot of people think that their way is the only right way. We each have our own unique situation. I really hope that things work out for you. Selecting a daycare/sitter is VERY difficult. We had to recently sign a contract for a daycare provider and it was hard, and I haven't even met my baby yet!

Sorry about your sitter troubles JJsMom, but I'm glad you found someone and really hope it works out.

AFM, We had our baby showers over the weekend and my work surprised me with one yesterday! It was all so much fun! I can't believe all the gifts we received. We literally got almost everyone we registered for and now only need to buy some more onesies and receiving blankets. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Glad you had fun at your baby shower Amanda!!! :)

Thanks Bella!!

I have a question and it might be stupid and have an obvious answer :) I usually only weigh myself every 2 weeks, but I was a little surprised at my last OB appt. From last Friday to Monday I had gained almost 5 pounds! This morning, my weight was back to what it was on Friday. Does that mean I'm retaining water or something? I don't feel very swollen, but I have noticed it a little in my feet and ankles but nothing bad. Is there anything I can do or should be doing about this?

Sorry I don't really know, as I don't weigh myself, but it sounds like water which is common to retain in pregnancy. I guess just make sure you are drinking enough our blood volume is maxed out in third tri!!

Your weight can always fluctuate depending on what you have in your system for food, urine, what clothes you may be wearing when you are weighed in, etc. Hopefully it still stabilize. Ask your doctor if you are particularly concerned.

Amanda, I am doing okay, im 34+2 give or take some, been having horrendous back pain for the past 2 weeks and really the only thing that fixes it is a full night's rest (which I don't ever get these days, ergo it always hurts)

DH and I have been on the fritz fighting recently too. The back pain is nearly unbearable and so debilitating and he seems to think I'm over-reacting, but he has no idea. Anyway, so ready for lil man to be here so all this will go away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->