Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

I haven't even thought about a registry, honestly! I won't have a shower until after the baby arrives, since I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of gender neutral clothing and stuff but I also am not finding out the gender beforehand. DH is off of work this week, so perhaps I should drag him to Target or something to do a bit of registering.

We live in a one-bedroom apartment, so not really doing a nursery either. I was planning on using a mini crib, but then I sort of have a crib offered to me... someone at church's SIL wants to give some stuff away, and is supposed to contact me... I asked the person at church if that was still happening since I'm over halfway and need to get things organized, and she said it was, she just forgot to give her SIL my number, so we'll see. While financially it will be nice to be given stuff, at this point I am just ready to get stuff done. I already knew what mini crib I was going to order beforehand so if she doesn't want to give it to me, no hard feelings, I just need to know! There is also supposed to be a carseat, stroller, and changing table. Who knows where I'll put a changing table... but the carseat would be nice at least. Again, I just need to know so if she doesn't want to give it to us I can sort out my own solution!

I did start my cloth diaper stash yesterday! I ordered 6 diapers. They are all name brand stuff from here in the U.S. The rest of my stash will probably be Alvababy cheapies from China. Can't wait for them to come.

I'm attaching my 20 week "bump" picture. I took it on Sunday. Who knows where my little 10-inch alien is hiding :haha:

Attachments

• 20 weeks.jpg
    20 weeks.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 5
Sass you are so organised chick!! So far I have ... a changing bag in a natty zebra print and now... a Cologne Hard Rock baby gro.... for a 12 month old mwahahhaa!

I am useless... lol

Have looked at the room that will be the baby's.... done nothing about it.. just looked at it... does that count? Hehheee

Thanks for the pain tips ladies... will check them out!

I've started planning the nursery... actually just posted about this in another thread. Dh and I were supposed to have painted this past week but I couldn't make up my mind about paint colors!! So I bought a sketch book and I'm playing with colors. I guess the new plan is to paint in February - when I'm on vacation. As for furniture we only need a crib & glider. I'm so mad about the crib we chose because it was on babiesrus.com for $509 and about 2 weeks Ago jumped up to $699!!! It was pricy to begin with but that is ridiculous!! But we already have natural colored furniture in that room & it's actually pretty hard to find a nice natural colored crib to match! Going crazy & wAnt to get this DONE! :haha:

Well we have finally gotten 'started' on buying and arranging stuff for the babies. Now that the holidays are over, I feel I can focus on these two and move forward - so we bought our crib and travel crib (both really good sales - yay), and my MIL bought us almost 200 wipes and 700 diapers so far - wowsers. I think she is trying to encourage us to get organized, which i am certainly okay with. I plan on buying the change table later this week...if I can have someone load it for me.

And my fantastic MIL bought us the cutest lil snow suits the other day - I was teary eyed when I saw them - matching winnie-the-pooh snow suits. So exciting.

Never- were going for the pack and pay with the changing table on top. It's a twofer! Maybe something like that will work for you?
Bella- I spoke with the girls at babies r us and they said there is a big sale once every month. It's different items all the time though, do you really have to keep an eye on it.
And I've totally forgot to take my 22 week photo this morning. :( now it's going to be skewed even more by my big breakfast belly. Ugh! I feel so big!

I purchased some clothes and a swing at a second hand shop. We've been stocking up on diapers and wipes! We're ordering the cribs, rocker, and stroller at the end of the month/beginning of Feb. and should be purchasing the carseats some time in February/early March. I put together a registry, but since we're in a different country from our family and friends we're planning on purchasing all the large/expensive items ourselves.
I've also been given some old baby clothes from friends, and have even been given a couple gifts from previous coworkers. (Blankets, sheets, burp cloths, and onesies)

Luckily, we don't need to paint the nursery because it is already blue. It's probably not what I would have picked out myself, but it's a rental home and I'm not sure if we're even allowed to paint. It'll do, and once they're here I don't think I'll even care.

You ladies are on top of things. Now I feel like a slacker :) We have not even cleaned other items out of our extra room which will be for the baby. We have not bought any items yet either! I have been looking though and know what I want. My MIL bought us cute baby shoes and a bear....not trying to be ungrateful but babies don't wear shoes!!

Happy New Year to everyone! 2013 is going to bring all of us sweet babies :baby:

Robinson, DH and I are finishing up our decluttering this week to make room for this baby. You're not the only slacker! =)

Sass, that would possibly work, but I've just been trying to balance our current financial needs with also long term thinking. I would prefer to invest in things that we would like to use for future kids (assuming I ever get pregnant again! lol), or that can be used longer term. The mini-crib I want converts to a twin bed later on, so even if we only had one baby it's still a long term investment.

I did hear from the lady who is supposed to be giving us some stuff, just today. The changing table looks really nice, and will give us some storage space which we desperately need. Have no clue where we'll put it, but we'll figure it out. The print for the carseat cover is super cute. It's got green and blue on it, which are more boy, but I think the style of the print is slightly more feminine overall, so no matter which we end up with it will be perfect =). Hopefully I can go pick those things up next week.

She didn't say anything about the crib, and I didn't ask. I will ask her when I go to pick the other stuff up. I got the impression before that she wasn't really wanting to give it away, but if she's wanting to sell it instead I might want it depending on the style and how much she's wanting for it. If we buy our mini-crib, it would be from Amazon, using credit that I've built up from my Swagbucks account (ask me about this in a pm if you're interested!), so wouldn't actually cost us anything anyway =)

We actually painted the nursery this weekend because our furniture came in, and I love it! We went with teal walls, dark drown furniture, and coco dot bedding from pottery barn kids. We also registered already because we have a shower at the beginning of Feb because of travel times.

What type/ brand crib is everyone looking at? I like the Stork Craft Valentia and the Graco Chaleston so far, but no decision yet. If I had a bunch of money I would get the sleigh crib from Pottery Barn :)

I'll likely be getting the DaVinci Emily Mini-Crib. I like that their cribs are real solid wood, even if it is just pine. At least it's not particle board or something! And, of course, the price is right =)

Davinci sells regular sized cribs as well, but I'm not sure of the price range there.

I think I answered this on another thread but here is the link to the crib I want: https://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/...uctId=12546421&domain=https://www.toysrus.com

This is the one we are going with. We originally were going to Burlington Coat Factory (surprisingly nice cribs there) but the one we loved was discontinued.

https://usababypa.com/metro-lifestyle-crib-p-1000687.html?cPath=445

Even though I'm currently in the UK, we're not going to be here too much longer so I don't want a UK cot, I want American size cribs. The cribs I really wanted don't seem to be a realistic option at this point because most stores won't mail something that large out here so I'm having to settle for a couple American cribs that are more frequently carried/available here. I'm really not thrilled about it because the cribs were the only thing I was being really specific on, it seems like a big deal to me now, but I'm sure I won't even care once they're here.

I had the anatomy ultrasound today and everything is going really well. The babies are on target for size and are still each the size of a singleton baby at this point! It's crazy how large they've gotten! They also shifted position, they're now in a T formation, baby 1 is head down and baby 2 is in a transverse position with head to my right and feet to my left. I am so blessed to get this experience and well up with even more happiness each time I see them!

Hooray for the great ultrasound Pixie!
Could you get something 2nd hand crib/cot-wise for now, and then when you move get something you prefer more?

Pixie - my friend who had twins said they preferred to be in the crib together for the first few months. Not sure how safe that is, but might save you from having to buy two, if it's a feasible option.

I'm not opposed to second hand, but I'd really like the cribs to match. I think they can only share a crib until they can roll over and babies have a tendency to be really early rollers in my family so I think we're going to try separate cribs from the beginning. We'll get it all sorted and once they make their arrival I'll wonder why I spent so much time thinking about it!

For my twins, we are going to go with a shared crib from the start - I figure these girls are sharing accomodations right now anyways.....lol

So reality has hit that I only have about 15 weeks to go, give or take. Really wanting to get those big purchases taken care of! Itching to be more prepared!

I know! I'm starting to get anxious. We have a crib, but no mattress. We have a high chair and a pram. That's it. We definitely HAVE to have a mattress and car seat, for sure. Those are of course, the most expensive things on our registry!

And, we have to order the car seat in time to see if it fits in the car, and if not, return it and order a different one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->