Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Did anyone of You lovely women start leaking small quarter like milk spots as early as 19 weeks? Cause either I am going to be a big milk producing mamma or I'm farther along than they think, considering before they estimated my due date on the 4th then 16th then 19th. Maybe my baby is just small so their measurements made it seem like I'm not that far along? Huff

Natalie I'm due the same day, and last night I noticed a waxy-ish substance on my nipples. I'm assuming it's a little bit of milk leakage that dried... but who knows! I have my next appointment on Thursday so I might ask about it then.

That is when my appointment is as well. I plan on bringing it up. I haven't really noticed it till lastnight I was singing to my baby before I fell asleep and it leaked. Wouldn't have noticed if I wouldn't have rolled over and felt the wet spot, then I would have a baby dream wake up and the same side would have more leak spots. Its been doing it off and on today.

Merry Christmas!

I haven't been leaking yet but ive got some whitish stuff on my left nipple that when I googled said it might be a plug?? Either way I read its normal to start leaking a bit now...

I thought it was weird at first, I brought it up to my mum and she said she never leaked. But then again, we have both been total opposites when it comes to comparing our pregnancy experiences. I am just going to get little pads or put tissue in my bra, I have been leaking a spot every few hours -.- from only one breast.

No milk-ish discharge per say, but my nipple rings have normal white discharge all the time. It smells like monkey-butt, and it has picked up quite a bit on my left nipple (but not the right). We wills see.

Happy Christmas all... am on hols in Cologne... hence have been MIA! Esp to my bump bud Sass and her girlie!

It's ok PB! Holidays are crazy!
As per the nipple convo, I haven't had any leaking, but I've noticed mine have doubled in size for the circle and the nipple itself. Do you all think this is permanent? I'm getting to silver dollar sized, so I'm a bit freaked. :(

Merry Christmas all!

My nipples were huge anyway, as far as the areola... I've not noticed an increase in size there, but they've gotten darker. My only concern with it is I've read that in breastfeeding the entire areola is supposed to be covered when baby is latched properly... my baby is going to need a huge mouth! lol!

Natalie, let me know what your doctor says! I will try to remember to ask but usually I draw a complete blank when I actually get there. Not to mention DH will be with me for once and for some reason it feels more awkward to discuss it with him there. I'm ridiculous :wacko:

My midwife appt. yesterday went great, had a pap that was pretty gross but ahh well such is life, won't have another one for a year. The nipple leaking thing was normal she said, just your breast getting ready for the milk producing after labor. My other side started leaking as well though quite abit just like the other. Its just a clear substance called Colostrum. So I'm totally not worried at all. Just means your breast are eager for that milk producing from what I can gather!
I get my last/second ultrasound on the 16th of Jan. Finally get to find out if our guesses on our angel being a girl is right!!

Totally forgot to ask about mine! The nurse practitioner was out so I saw the actual OB, and that along with DH being there threw me off and I just went in and out, not asking anything. :dohh: Oh well. I'm really not worried!

I've been having quite a bit of back pain. Anyone else? Have you found anything that helps?

I have too Pixie... but mine was totally from walking too much and being on my feet too much. Only thing that helped was rest.

My back pain varies by the shoes I wear (some of my heels are worse than others!), and how long I spend sitting during the day, in what positions, etc. Usually doing some yoga or something helps... maybe not immediately, but the next day I feel better.

Happy New Year!

I've been having quite a bit of back pain. Anyone else? Have you found anything that helps?

YES! Mine has been debilitating! I do admit though, I had a back injury about 5 years ago - I had a herniated disc in my lower back - it was so bad that I could barely walk. I could lay down & stand up, could NOT sit... and had to go through workers comp and a stupid doctor who said that I had just pulled a muscle! When I finally got cleared to see my own doctor, he ordered an MRI & saw that I had a herniated disc. AWFUL!!!!!

Anyway, that being said, I'm not sure if my back pain is due to pregnancy, my previous injury, or both. It has gotten better though, with the following:

I bought a pregnancy belt (from motherhood maternity) as seen here: https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=973050113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32
It doesn't look like much, but when the saleslady put it on me, it was like INSTANT relief! I could have hugged her!

I also bought Dr Scholl's lower back pain orthodics ($11 at Walmart) to put in my shoes. I also bought a heating pad ($14 at Walmart) for when I sit on my couch.

One of the best things I did was get my new pregnancy pillow - the Snoogle Loop by Leachco, as seen here:
https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoo...id=1356991894&sr=8-3&keywords=snoogle+leachco

After all of that, I still have minor back pain. But it's not nearly as bad as it had been! I was wondering how I'd even make it through the rest of my pregnancy before taking all of those steps!!!

Hope that helps!

My back was killing me earlier today, I am really wanting to get a new pair of shoes soon. Most of my shoes don't have arches in the sole. But I found some dr. Scholls tennis shoes, they felt really comforting when I tried them on. I wish I could lay on my stomach so I could get a good back massage.

Thanks! Oddly enough, my back pain is when I wake up in the night or morning and then it continues through the day from then on. We have a wonderful mattress so I'm not sure where the issue is stemming from. When it's really bad the pain radiates into my belly, I think those are the round ligament pains. I don't know if I'm just sleeping oddly or if it's because of something I've done during the day.
Thanks Bella! I've been using a hot water bottle and have a wedge pregnancy pillow. I'll have to look into that pregnancy belt.

Happy New Year everyone!! I'm so excited that my little Lucas will be here this year!!!!!

So have you ladies started working on your nursery or your baby registery?

Just read about this on another thread. Might be helpful for anyone with ad back / butt / stomach pains https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a564618/pelvic-girdle-pain-pgp

Working on the nursery now. Furniture comes at the end of January. Registry is done, but the showers aren't until march. Patience is not one of my virtues. I hate waiting! I wish I could just have it all set up now!
How's all your stuff going red? Way to get the cowboys out of the playoffs btw... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->