Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

I had a crib and change table - asked the OH to set it up this weekend, and as I was leaving the house, neighbor asked me if i wanted their old set. Saves me $350 at least - so crib is up in nursery, and one beside it in the box.

The only draw back is that it isn't a 3 in one crib (the one i bought changed into toddler bed and then day bed). Oh well - saving money now will help me out big time in a little bit

Misspriss, do you have a Baby's R Us around? I've heard that they will let you try out car seats in your car before purchasing (of course, you don't have to purchase from there).

Bdown, awesome that you were given that stuff! If you're planning on having more than one baby, then you should be able to use the crib again anyway, so it wouldn't need to be converted for a long while. By then #1 may be in a "big bed" and then you'll just have to figure out what to do with the crib when you are done having babies.

This is what we bought. I know they carry this brand at quite a few stores, including USA Baby if you have one. It was reasonably priced, converts to toddler then full bed, and gender neutral (in case we want to use it for future children too). It also looks really nice against my teal walls, IMO. :winkwink:

https://www.babysdream.com/ViewItem.aspx?pid=30

We have everything else (car seat, stroller, etc) on our registry. Hopefully we'll get them at one of our showers. If not, as soon as the last shower is done, we'll be buying them! We aren't due till the end of May, and I'm going to be done with showers in late March, so I'll still have plenty of time to get it done.

You all are doing much better than we are! I'm still in the process of cleaning out Lucas' room! We haven't order the first thing or completed a baby registry! EEK!

I can at least say that my mom and I are working on his quilt tonight for his crib! As soon as we get the top finished I will post a picture!

Well we had a splurge at the weekend so baby now has...

Cot
Changing unit
Wardrobe
1 x Hard Rock Cologne baby gro - 12 months hahhaa
Nappy disposal
Sterilizer and 4 bottles
Bath
One natty zebra print changing bag

And I have chosen the pram... just need to order it now!

Still so much to get though!

Misspriss, do you have a Baby's R Us around? I've heard that they will let you try out car seats in your car before purchasing (of course, you don't have to purchase from there).

Bdown, awesome that you were given that stuff! If you're planning on having more than one baby, then you should be able to use the crib again anyway, so it wouldn't need to be converted for a long while. By then #1 may be in a "big bed" and then you'll just have to figure out what to do with the crib when you are done having babies.

Yes, but they do not carry Dionos in stock. I am interested in the Diono Radian RXT or R120, neither of which they keep in stock, or at this point will even ship to me...it's weird.

SO excited to see that everyone's getting into doing the nursery!

I had a meltdown over paint color and bedding for the nursery, but finally ( I think :haha: ) made up my mind as to what I want. DH and I spent some time yesterday cleaning out the whole room, putting all of our crapola into the attic & other closets, etc. Now all that's left is the desk (that we're using as a changing table) a night stand, and the dresser. We still need to purchase a crib...

But speaking of that, as grateful as I am to have a shower being planned for me, I'm going nutters trying to hold back from getting ready for the LO! My mom has alluded to the fact that she and my dad might be buying us our crib for our shower... and it sounds like my shower won't be til late March, so I have a while to wait to do much more work on the nursery... DYING to do baby stuff all the time - I think I'm nesting, lol.

MissPriss, one thing to check with any convertible seat, when you do get a chance to try it out, is the reclining angle for a newborn. I have a friend who just bought a convertible (got a good deal on it) for her 18 month old, as she was due with #2 and was going to need her infant seat for the new baby. We were talking about it as I was telling her that DH and I were considering going straight to a convertible, and she said she knows that she wouldn't have been comfortable putting an infant in hers, even at the "right" settings. The ones I was looking at had pretty good reviews (Combi Coccoro & Maxi-Cosi Pria), but I definitely would've double checked that! As it is someone is giving us an infant seat, so the free one wins lol.

BellaRosa, what color did you end up picking for the nursery?

MissPriss, one thing to check with any convertible seat, when you do get a chance to try it out, is the reclining angle for a newborn. I have a friend who just bought a convertible (got a good deal on it) for her 18 month old, as she was due with #2 and was going to need her infant seat for the new baby. We were talking about it as I was telling her that DH and I were considering going straight to a convertible, and she said she knows that she wouldn't have been comfortable putting an infant in hers, even at the "right" settings. The ones I was looking at had pretty good reviews (Combi Coccoro & Maxi-Cosi Pria), but I definitely would've double checked that! As it is someone is giving us an infant seat, so the free one wins lol.

The Dianos are 45 degrees for infants which I believe is correct. In order to make it sit straighter for older kids you have to buy a adjuster.

Lol - we certainly DONT plan on having more children, we have 4 already (16,12,11, and 9) and now 2 on the way. These are my first 2, but OH is definately done

Ok Misspriss! I do think the 45 degrees is correct. I showed my friend the ones we were looking at and she said they looked nicer than the one she got (at least from what you can tell on an Amazon listing), and were also more expensive, so it may just be with cheaper seats you have to watch for it more.

Oh I guess I forgot you're having twins Bdown! I guess if you guys are done then a convertible crib is the way to go (if you're picking it out/buying it yourself of course!).

Had an US today and little Taylor was so good for it! We were able to see all of her, I think the spine was the coolest thing. It was just so THERE. DH was a little overwhelmed I think... I think it was the realest it's been so far for him. It's real for me every day, but he doesn't experience that...
Picture below!

Attachments

• 01.09.13 SA Mayo ob 9.jpg
    01.09.13 SA Mayo ob 9.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 7
I think we will be going with the original cream color... Kinda boring but the bedding sets I really want are from babies r us - butterfly wonderland for a girl or dinosaur tracks for a boy. Cream will compliment either one whereas aqua will be tricky... I just think since I'm waiting til the last minute to finish the nursery due to being on team yellow and wanting gender specific bedding... I just don't want to make things harder for myself with a newborn. Mom said if I buy both sets she would be happy to come over when I'm at the hospital and put the set on the crib so it's all set when we get home. Either way baby will spend the first few months in our room in a bassinet anyway...

Great scan piccy jdub. She looks perfect! I was fascinated at my 20 wk scan.... Couldn't take my eyes off the screen!

Awesome scan Jdub!

My doctor doesn't do the anatomy ultrasound until 24 weeks, so I still have 2 more weeks to wait!

Bella, I'm sure the nursery will be lovely! I know what you mean about not wanting gender neutral everything though, even with not finding out. I was going to experiment with quilting and try to make this baby a small quilt, but after I started looking at fabrics I decided I couldn't do it without knowing the gender. There's just too many cute things out there! So my new goal is to have baby a quilt made by their first birthday =). That's a great idea for your mom to set it up for you.

Actually, what are you ladies doing for the going home outfit, especially those who aren't finding out the gender? DH's parents had one gender neutral item that they brought every baby home in, but after LTTTC and knowing now that there's no guarantees I'll ever have another baby, I was thinking of getting something special just for this baby, rather than something that's supposed to be special because all of my babies wore it. What if I don't have any more babies to wear it??? I was thinking maybe I'd get a boy outfit, and a girl outfit, and then have my mom wash the correct one and bring it to the hospital for me, and we can return the other or I can gift it (my sister is due a month after me, so if she has the other gender I'd probably do that).

I'm not finding out, but I don't plan to have a "going home" outfit because I am planning a homebirth. Something white though. Newborns look great in white, it's gender neutral, and will be a nice keepsake color I think.

Well we find out if we are having a boy or girl next week on the 16th! I am so excited. Still feeling like its a baby girl going by my dreams. :)

Adorable picture jdub!
I'm so excited to find dylan's going home outfit. What I'm struggling with is should it be size newborn, or size 0-3? The cut off between is typically 8 lbs. Also, I'm struggling with how warm to dress the baby. It's the first week of May, so here it could be very cold, or fairly warm. I feel like I need to bring 4 outfits! Do you need to bundle babies up, or can their bodies regulate their own temperature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->