Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

congrats!

The boys are 5 weeks today and they're weighing in at just under 7lbs a piece!

So here is our my birth story!

I was scheduled to be induced at 5 AM on Tuesday May 21, so my husband and I got up at 4 to get showered, ready go the the hospital, etc. Then we got a call that they didn't have any beds available so we needed to sit tight (so frustrating!). I was able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours and got the call at 7 AM to head in. We were prepped and settled into the room by 8:30 but hadn't started pitocin yet. My doc came, checked me, said I was a 3 and broke my water. By the time that was done I was at a 4! I felt like it was a great start! We started the pitocin and the contractions started and started pretty hard.

After about an hour of contractions I got my epidural (which was painful, but not terrible) and felt better. I was slightly sad that I could still feel the pressure of the contraction and her moving down, but not the pain. I was hoping for NOTHING. :)

After a couple of hours they put me on oxygen because her heart rate was falling after the contractions and my nurse was concerned. On another note- She was AWESOME. We were both really focused on a vaginal delivery and she did everything she could to help make that happen (successfully!). I really think she made the difference and I was so lucky to get her.

So after hours of moving positions, working on the oxygen, etc, my doc finally said I was almost there and would likely push in the next hour. Well 10 minutes later I KNEW I had to push. So she came in and with my husband's help and an hour of intense pushing (with oxygen and almost hyperventalating) Taylor Olivia was brought into the world at 8:41 PM! She weighed 6 lbs, 13 oz and measured 19.5 inches. It was intense and hard and awesome. I feel so proud to have been able to do it. See below for a few pics!
taylor.jpg

bow.jpg

going home.jpg

Aww what a great birth story and Taylor looks just perfect! Well done Jdub!

Thought I would give an update on my sweet baby boy! We had our first checkup since May 10th today. On May 10th he was 8lbs 12oz and today he was 10lbs 2oz!!! He has grown over an inch and his head is 2cm bigger than when he was born! My baby boy is getting so big! He can lift his head on his own and hold it up for several minutes and if I lay him down he really tries to roll over. If he's on his belly he moves his hands and arms as hard as he can like he wants to crawl! Oh my. It just going way too fast!

Oh I thought I already updated... Levi Job was born on May 24th at 5 p.m., weighing 7 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long. I was 40+5 by my dates or 41+1 according to my doctor's dates (LMP). Born by (induced) natural vaginal delivery.

Congrats Jdub!

I know I havnt posted much in here but I just got caught up with all Ive missed and want to say congrats to all of you that had your little ones!

My little guy Cooper decided to come 2 weeks early on May 7th weighing 8 pounds 5 ounces (so glad i didnt go full term lol) and was 19.5 inches long!

Attachments

• 13362_10151574786897878_821296046_n.jpg
    13362_10151574786897878_821296046_n.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
Congratulations Never! What a lovely name too!

Also congratulations to Magan!

Leo got weighed again yesterday and he is now 8lb 1! Wow! He is getting so big and will be 6 wks tomorrow!

Hey girls! Just popping in to say hi. I'm still in shock by how time on summing breast feelings and how much sleep deprivation messes with my head. Anyone else? Any tips to get LO to sleep better at night?

I would love some tips on how to get LO to sleep better at night!

Sass I can't believe our LOs will be a month old on Thursday!!!

So we are also being brave and taking Lucas to the beach the last week of June. Anyone have any tips for that????

I'm clueless red but I do know I've seen some baby wetsuits that are 50 SPF. Might be a good thing to look into.

I don't have any sleep tips but it seems like Levi is really only waking twice a night (3 times if you count his 6 a.m. waking or so)... sometimes I go back to bed, sometimes not. How often do your LOs wake?

Beach tip - get a cabana (one of those half tent looking things) and keep LO out of the sun! Another beach tip I was recently told - dig a hole, say 4 inches down and wider and longer than LO, cover it in a towel and let LO nap on the towel ( in the shade) it will be a cooler temperature for LO if you do this!

As for sleeping at night, Madelyn has her last feed anywhere between 10 and 11 pm, wakes up once anywhere between 2 and 4 am, and wakes again around 7 or 8 am. Sometimes we even go back to sleep after that feeding if I'm still really tired. What I do is I actually nurse during the day, then I pump right before bed, bottle feed her the expressed breast milk at that last feeding and the 2-4 am feeding ( I express enough milk to cover both feedings and since Brest milk can be left out up to 6 hours I leave it on my nightstand - ready to go) and when she wakes at 7 or 8 I'm always engorged so I pump and bottle feed one last time. Hope that made sense... I love it because that 2-4 am feed is SO easy - I grab her, change her, lie down with her and put the bottle in her mouth. 15 mins later - done! As opposed to nursing which takes her about 30 - 40 minutes or longer...

My tip for better sleeping is super feeding! Leo has a feed at 7pm and then another at 9.15 (usually he has 4 hrs between feeds) and then a wind, bath and bed. He then sleeps until 3.15 ish has a feed and then down to 7am.

Oh and also make sure they are stimulated during the day. Leo spends half his time between feeds awake and the other half sleeping. I read to him, he goes on his playmat, he has tummy time etc etc

Haven't managed to come online lately but just dropping by to update that I gave birth to my daughter Ava on the 23rd, 4 days early. She had an apgar of 9, weighed 6lbs and 15 oz, and was born with forceps after difficult delivery so I'm still recovering. Congrats to everyone else who had since given birth.

I highly recommend the movie The Happiest Baby on the Block, it teaches how to swaddled and quiet a fussy baby. To settle the twins at night we swaddle, Zechariah didn't like it at first. Then Isaiah is given a pacifier and set down, that's generally all he needs to go down most nights. Zechariah has to be rocked for a bit until he starts getting drowsy, then we set him down to fall into sleep. We bathe them every night because they really enjoy it and seems to help them sleep longer. It took us a while to get their days and nights straight so if anyone is struggling with that I'd be glad to share what worked for us.

Now that their days and nights are straight and we can get them down easier nights have gotten much better and less frustrating, now we're just working on getting them to sleep longer at night.

I am with you Pixie. We swaddled Leo too and the bath def helps his sleep routine. It is like a little trigger for him... bath, bottle, wind then bed. He is less fussy because he knows what is coming and also that when he is in his bassinet it means he needs to sleep so he has that association. Is hard to get to that point, but now we are there (hopefully) things are so much easier. He wakes once in the night for a feed and that is it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->