Preparing Your Body

Well, I have well and truly fallen off the healthy living wagon over the past few days - just as well I'm still just WTT, lol. Massively stressful couple of weeks in work (I have been finishing up my current job before moving to the countryside to live a more sedate life :)) My colleagues took me out for a last massive blow out the other night and you know how it is when other people are buying you drinks - it seems churlish to refuse :) TBH that kind of lifestyle goes with the job so it's just as well I'm leaving it behind me. Great fun but NOT healthy.

My charting has been er, haphazard too; I missed a couple of days here and there. And inevitably I have been back on the bean. :( And I had been so good about caffeine reduction. :coffee:

On the plus side, I have managed to reduce my seroxat drastically over the past few weeks without any terrifying side effects. I have been tearing up at the drop of a hat but it's nice to have some emotionalism back at the same time. Down to 10 mg every other day now and have dealt with the worst of the 'electric shocks' and digestive problems, I hope. Would like to be drug-free in a couple of weeks.

Oh well, onwards and upwards - hope all of you other ladies on here have been more healthy and virtuous than I've been :):dust::dust::dust::dust:

Who me? No way. I've been back to 2 mugs of coffee a day and doing high impact workouts at the gym, I'm going back to my normal lifestyle as this TTC body is a temple crap was really getting me down.

Plus I really hate low impact exercise like swimming it stuffs up my hair:shrug:

The only TTC thing I'm doing now is folic acid and extra meat/milk

I dunno, Northstar, at least you're actually getting some exercise!!! Whatever makes you feel good, I say. Are you supposed to just do yoga and eat lettuce grown by buddhist monks and harvested when the moon is full? lol. :haha::haha:

I suffer a lot after big nights out - physically and with the usual hangover self-loathing and the older I get the more difficult it is to deal with.

I prefer low impact stuff actually as I just don't think my body's designed to take high impact workouts - a gentle jog a few times a week or swimming is where it's at for me. Agree about the hair, though, chlorine is a nightmare for my already frizzy barnet... :nope:

I think we can put too much pressure on ourselves to be 'perfect' and the stress of that is counter-productive for ttc.

I haven't been too good either so we are all in the same boat guys ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:I have been drinking loads of water and walking but I have started drinking coffee again and have had the odd chocolate bar ,I am struggling ATM but a good blow out now and then is ok,go easy on yourself ladies,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:::hugs:

Love my coffee, I really do, and for me it's the hardest thing to give up. :coffee: How can such a delicious thing have a negative impact on TTC? It's not fair. I bet soon they'll publish a study that says coffee is actually *good* for TTC!!!! (Well I live in hope) :hugs::hugs::

Couldn't agree more, it's piling on the pressure living life with only this goal in mind, yeah I had been a couch potato for ages since I don't have dogs anymore, so it was time to get back into some proper workouts.

Great that you've cut the dosage down on the SSRI's Suki, you are right on track to finish taking them whilst TTC, so you are doing really well. There is bound to be a period of adjustment between finishing them and getting used to experiencing the full range of emotions again, especially after 6 years.

I took them for about 9 months, and had no side effects when I stopped, as on them it helped me cope but I felt like I lost my sense of humour and my wit, and that is a big part of me, so totally agree that it's not just the bad stuff that they block.

I haven't been too good either so we are all in the same boat guys ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:I have been drinking loads of water and walking but I have started drinking coffee again and have had the odd chocolate bar ,I am struggling ATM but a good blow out now and then is ok,go easy on yourself ladies,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:::hugs:

Love my coffee, I really do, and for me it's the hardest thing to give up. :coffee: How can such a delicious thing have a negative impact on TTC? It's not fair. I bet soon they'll publish a study that says coffee is actually *good* for TTC!!!! (Well I live in hope) :hugs::hugs::

The "study" in question that said it was bad for TTC was only about 75 test subjects, in Sweden, who were going though a programme of IVF ie they already had fertility issues - so I'm less than convinced by this data.

Me too,ESP wen hubby and I aren't getting on too well and the kids are playing up,a strong frothy coffee and a dipped flake makes all the difference,I hope they do that report soon :haha::haha:

I drink my morning coffee...two cups; the studies are not solid enough IMO to quit at this stage in the game. Even though I was 24, I kept drinking my morning coffee the whole time I was pregnant with DD and she is fine. We just ask that you don't stare at her second nose for long periods of time, lol.

Despie, what is a flake? I am thinking it's like the American donut...round baked good with a hole in the middle; can come frosted or glazed.

I drink my morning coffee...two cups; the studies are not solid enough IMO to quit at this stage in the game. Even though I was 24, I kept drinking my morning coffee the whole time I was pregnant with DD and she is fine. We just ask that you don't stare at her second nose for long periods of time, lol.

Despie, what is a flake? I am thinking it's like the American donut...round baked good with a hole in the middle; can come frosted or glazed.

A flake is a chocolate bar made by cadburys ,lots of flakes of chocolate in a bar then dipped in chocolate,Devine.xxxxx

A flake is a chocolate bar made by cadburys ,lots of flakes of chocolate in a bar then dipped in chocolate,Devine.xxxxx

Oh how I miss those flakes!! *drools*

Maybe World Market has them?

They usually have Cadbury Fruit and Nut bars....mmmmmm....

U guys are making me hungry,its def breakfast time,am making boiled eggs on toast ,a nice cup of tea ,pure orange juice and cereal this morning,happy Sunday everyone.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::

NS, I have never been to the UK, but if by crisps, you mean potato chips, I would be very happy, lol.

I can't really keep them in my house bc I will eat an entire bag in one sitting.

NS, I have never been to the UK, but if by crisps, you mean potato chips, I would be very happy, lol.

I can't really keep them in my house bc I will eat an entire bag in one sitting.

I do love a packet of crisps myself, that and biscuits and cheese mmmmm:thumbup:

We have some interesting flavours here, like steak, sausage and onion, turkey and stuffing, ham and mustard, haggis, bacon, worcester sauce, tomato ketchup - many many flavours

I have never eaten hagis, only watched it being made on TV and I think I will pass on that one, lol

The crisps don't contain ACTUAL haggis, they are just haggis flavoured ha ha ha.

Myself my personal favourites are the classic cheese and onion but I also like steak flavour.

I do love a packet of crisps myself, that and biscuits and cheese mmmmm:thumbup:

We have some interesting flavours here, like steak, sausage and onion, turkey and stuffing, ham and mustard, haggis, bacon, worcester sauce, tomato ketchup - many many flavours
Mmm Worcester sauce flavour - man I miss those! Particularly Worcester sauce French Fries.... Oh and pickled onion Monster Munch! my fave... Anything really vinegary basically. Yum yum yum.

Mmm Worcester sauce flavour - man I miss those! Particularly Worcester sauce French Fries.... Oh and pickled onion Monster Munch! my fave... Anything really vinegary basically. Yum yum yum.

My OH loves worcester sauce or tomato sauce. I lived overseas for years and used to crave barbecue beef Hula Hoops

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->