• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PreSeed Club: We finally did it! 50th BFP announced :)

Girls pre-seed can make it a little "too slippery" but im worried about using less of it iykwim (using 3gm as per advice on leaflet)!!!

What do you use??

Would it be easier to use it after BDing with my Mooncup instead? Or is it important to use it before-hand so the spermies dont get killed????

All in all, (forcing DH to :sex: with me aside) i'm quite enjoying my pre-seed cycle, i really feel like it's making a difference.

Girls pre-seed can make it a little "too slippery" but im worried about using less of it iykwim (using 3gm as per advice on leaflet)!!!

What do you use??

Would it be easier to use it after BDing with my Mooncup instead? Or is it important to use it before-hand so the spermies dont get killed????

Hi Saffy! Well, I have tried using 2.5gm and that was too much so now I use 2gm or just under. That amount seems perfect for us, slippery, but in a good way :blush: any more than that gets a bit messy for me and falls out after.

I think beforehand is best as it helps the spermies get where they are supposed to go xxx

joeliza24, i'm sorry AF came. but i have to say - your plan for next cycle is awesome. It is doing lots of the things i'm trying to do - mostly cutting out caffeine and also doing relaxation and gentle exercise. I felt my stressful life was getting in the way. When is your next due date? i'll amend the first page. and congrats most of all for your positivity - never underestimate the power of positivity
xx

I don't know how you ladies cut caffeine out. I've tried before and it was the worst 4 days ever. LoL MAJOR headaches. And the only caffeine I have is 1 travel mug of coffee on the way to work!

buuuut, maybe I might consider cutting back to 1/2 a travel mug if it means it may help ttc a bit more.... Okay, you girls have influenced me. As of tomorrow I'll start only having 1/2.
The only thing I don't get, is they say green tea is good to help produce more fertile CM. Yet green tea has caffeine as well and I would think the decaf version is substituting the negative effects of caffeine with the negative effects of whatever they do to make it caffeine-free. Any thoughts?

joeliza24, i'm sorry AF came. but i have to say - your plan for next cycle is awesome. It is doing lots of the things i'm trying to do - mostly cutting out caffeine and also doing relaxation and gentle exercise. I felt my stressful life was getting in the way. When is your next due date? i'll amend the first page. and congrats most of all for your positivity - never underestimate the power of positivity
xx

Thanks London. I really hope the changes make a difference for us :)

My BPF is due Nov 18th.

My DH and I have been trying 5 months now. Is it too early for an HSG? I've heard that oftentimes unclogging the pipes is all it takes for a sticky BFP.

Ive read one coffee is fine. It's when ppl drink lots of cups per day that there's a problem. As for green tea, I think it's packed with anti oxidants and I think that's the benefit of it despite having a bit of caffeine in it. That's my feeble understanding anyway.

I cut it out as I was drinking coffee or tea almost constantly while at work. I reckon your 1/2 cup plan sounds fab :)

hi everyone! i had so much to catch up on!!

ttcbaby- HUGE CONGRATS!! i'm so happy for you! h&h!!

i wanted to respond to all of you, but i read so much i dont even remember what i was going to say! lol so i'll say this - for the girls Oing now, HAPPY BDing! :winkwink: for those waiting to test, big FX!

as for me, CD6. AF is just about gone and its almost time to get back to business. i havnt started temping yet because i'm useless in the morning but i'm going to make a huge effort to do it. we've got our preseed ready, SMEP ready, OPKs ready and my thermometer ready! lets do this! :thumbup:

I don't know how you ladies cut caffeine out. I've tried before and it was the worst 4 days ever. LoL MAJOR headaches. And the only caffeine I have is 1 travel mug of coffee on the way to work!

buuuut, maybe I might consider cutting back to 1/2 a travel mug if it means it may help ttc a bit more.... Okay, you girls have influenced me. As of tomorrow I'll start only having 1/2.
The only thing I don't get, is they say green tea is good to help produce more fertile CM. Yet green tea has caffeine as well and I would think the decaf version is substituting the negative effects of caffeine with the negative effects of whatever they do to make it caffeine-free. Any thoughts?

Agreed - it's not easy giving it up. The first day was the worst, headache wise, but it's eased since I only had one cup a day anyway. Not sure that it'll improve my chances but I've decided to do away with anything that has the slightest chance of standing between me and my BFP next month (the things that I know of anyway). I'm determined! :)

joeliza, I'm not too sure what an HSG is to be honest... but I wouldn't be considering anything at 5 months. Do you have concerns of something that would interfere with your fertility? Because if not, I would just rely on the good old fashioned way for a while longer.
I'm on my 6th month now and do not intend on doing anything beyond pre-seed until we've been trying for close to a year. If it statistically takes an average healthy couple up to a year, I figure I'll do my best to be patient.

It was funny when I cut caffeine before. I had my last cup on a Friday and by the Monday I was having headaches that even distorted my vision. Had no clue what it was until I asked my Chiropractor about it and he related it to when he was in school studying and stopped drinking coffee for a few days. I looked at my DH at that point and asked when the last time I had a coffee was.
I figured from then that the side effects of not having caffeine were worse than the side effects of having caffeine. :haha:
But I'll cut back from my 2cups to 1 cup. I can do that. :thumbup:

joeliza, I'm not too sure what an HSG is to be honest... but I wouldn't be considering anything at 5 months. Do you have concerns of something that would interfere with your fertility? Because if not, I would just rely on the good old fashioned way for a while longer.
I'm on my 6th month now and do not intend on doing anything beyond pre-seed until we've been trying for close to a year. If it statistically takes an average healthy couple up to a year, I figure I'll do my best to be patient.

It was funny when I cut caffeine before. I had my last cup on a Friday and by the Monday I was having headaches that even distorted my vision. Had no clue what it was until I asked my Chiropractor about it and he related it to when he was in school studying and stopped drinking coffee for a few days. I looked at my DH at that point and asked when the last time I had a coffee was.
I figured from then that the side effects of not having caffeine were worse than the side effects of having caffeine. :haha:
But I'll cut back from my 2cups to 1 cup. I can do that. :thumbup:

From what other people have told me, an HSG is a 10 min procedure that involves inserting dye into the tubes. If the dye flows freely then the doc discounts clog as reason for infertility. The doc also checks for scar tissue, etc., that could be affecting implantation.

You're right, grand scheme of things 5 months isn't that long. It's just that besides the pullout method, DH and I have never used any form of BC - yet have not gotten preggers in the last 6 yrs, also I don't get ewcm, and I've had a couple surgeries that could be affecting implantation. Part of me just wants to know if it's me sooner than later...

Fingers crossed for next cycle!! What is SMEP??[/QUOTE]

Sperm meets egg plan bd every second day then 4 days in a row when ov x[/QUOTE]

Gotcha!!

Morning ladies, well it looks like it's going to be a another lovely autumnal day here. Hope you're all well and are having, or had a good day.

My update for today, CD17 and FF finally gave me my crosshairs, they think i OV'd on Saturday (CD14) i think it was Sunday, we BD'd both those days with pre-seed so hopefully we got it.
Still no postive OPK though, although that's not an unusual thing, and I did have another significant temp jump (although not as big as sunday mornings) this morning, so shall BD this evening just to be safe. Didn't BD last night as DH was tired and i still felt guilty for forcing myself upon him on sunday.
So it looks like i may be on my 2WW, crikey!!

Hi all - DH is in the dog house!!

So last night DH and I BDd. I'm jot even remotely fertile. We jus felt like BDing (esp him). Bit of background. He's a doctor taking his exams to become a consultant so under lots of stress and very busy etc. So we don't get to BD as much as many other couples. This is prob a massive factor why we don't have BFP yet. Anyway, he took a while but he's now completely on board with having a bubba. In fact he talks about it more than I do.

So anyway last night I'm not remotely fertile & he initiates BD. As we're getting into it he says "you're not just using me for my sperm are you?" WTF?! I Said that - wtf are you talkin about. He said he was just joking but it pissed me off because I'm not even fertile & he initiated. And yes I do need his sperm but it's what we both want n

Grrr or maybe I'm just too sensitive. I forgave him and we had good BD but still poor form I reckon!!

So last night DH and I BDd. I'm jot even remotely fertile. We jus felt like BDing (esp him). Bit of background. He's a doctor taking his exams to become a consultant so under lots of stress and very busy etc. So we don't get to BD as much as many other couples. This is prob a massive factor why we don't have BFP yet. Anyway, he took a while but he's now completely on board with having a bubba. In fact he talks about it more than I do.

So anyway last night I'm not remotely fertile & he initiates BD. As we're getting into it he says "you're not just using me for my sperm are you?" WTF?! I Said that - wtf are you talkin about. He said he was just joking but it pissed me off because I'm not even fertile & he initiated. And yes I do need his sperm but it's what we both want n

Grrr or maybe I'm just too sensitive. I forgave him and we had good BD but still poor form I reckon!!

Oi these men!!! Argh! They r so insensitive and don't EVEN realise what they r saying! DH is also the same! We have squabbles so often. I been feeling guilty now as i only initiate BD for sperm LOL! I'm not remotely interested in "enjoying it myself" as long as he does his "deposit" ... But I'm lucky he now says to me "are u ready for ur deposit!"
Its just a phase we r going thru and our goal in site is getting that eggi and sperm to meet in vegas and make some bambinos!

And yes we ARE very sensitive hun! Literally anything sets me off lately!

Xx

aww, londongirl, damn the male species SA Jennypenny is right they really don't know what they're saying half the time.
Was having a squabble with DH a couple of weeks ago and he asked "when do you finish your period" i just shouted "NEVER! sod off!" and stormed out the room.

Gargh, men!

Londongirl,this ttc business is really emotional,thats why ur feeling this way,i'd forgive ur DH too- he is under alot of pressure with work/studies etc is'nt he?But that's still no excuse to be insensitive( but thats their nature,:growlmad: )& i think our DH's know that we'd be lost without them-so they can say pretty much anything!
aww, londongirl, damn the male species SA Jennypenny is right they really don't know what they're saying half the time.
Was having a squabble with DH a couple of weeks ago and he asked "when do you finish your period" i just shouted "NEVER! sod off!" and stormed out the room.

Gargh, men!

I agree JoycieB, Lol at what u shouted at ur DH!(i've been there too!!) Can just imagine it !:rofl: :hug: girls,x

what can we do , but forgive them. we do need the deposit after all.lol!
probably your DH didnt even realise what he had said wouldnt go down well with u , good thing u forgave him.
i think this ttc business makes us a bit sensitive...thought of my prevous situation and lthink l over reacted a bit. but hey , these men just need to get on board and work with us!!!

happy Bding !!!::winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->