PreSeed Club: We finally did it! 50th BFP announced :)

Right ladies i'm drawing up my battle plan for next cycle and want to ask something. My OPKs are basic little dip strips, i usually do get a positive on them but sometimes it's not so clear and sometimes the line just gets gradually darker, doesn't quite make it as dark as the control line, then gets light again. So do you think it's worth investing in some clearblue digis this cycle, and does anyone know where i can get them at a good price?

Basically, with a shift working Dh that gets tired a lot, i want to avoid waht happened this cycle of practically forcing him to BD when it turns out i probably wasn't even OVing

Right ladies i'm drawing up my battle plan for next cycle and want to ask something. My OPKs are basic little dip strips, i usually do get a positive on them but sometimes it's not so clear and sometimes the line just gets gradually darker, doesn't quite make it as dark as the control line, then gets light again. So do you think it's worth investing in some clearblue digis this cycle, and does anyone know where i can get them at a good price?

Hi Joycie. I used Asda own ovulation dip sticks. They were obviously a bit more expensive that internet cheapies, but lots cheaper than Clear Blue. I think they were £6 something for 5 of them, and I found them really reliable. The lines went really dark when they should of etc. You can find pics of them in my TTC journal. Good luck with this month xx

Thanks for that, the main reason i was asking about clearblue digi is because i've had isuues with the whole 'is the line darker? is it not darker? is it the same colour as the control line? and the Digis seem to be a clear yes/no to the OV question, smiley face yes, no smiley face no.
Are the Asda ones clear yes/no or does the line fade/get darker too?

Joycie, I use the superdrug ones. they're also like your ones in that they are about how DARK the second line is compared with the first line. but they are pretty clear. they go from the second line being faint for ages, then getting a bit darker but still being visibly lighter for a couple of days, and then for 2 days, the second line is BOLD and clearly as dark if not darker than the first line, then the day after, it reduces visibly. So it's not AS good as a simple yes or no, but easy peasy to read. and cheaper than digital. so i just wonder whether a slightly more expensive brand may be better than the really cheap dipstick ones...

PS joycie, i totally get what you're saying about choosing your timing for BD rather than doing a marathon BD. My dh also works insanely long hours and realistically we can't do it every night. if i tried to push him, it'd lose any sense of romance and intimacy, and i think his spermies are more potent when they are delivered with passion and love so ... yeah i try to really time things well. i plan to do the first day i see the dark line, the day after that, and then one final time the day after. that's loads of chances and only 3 times that you're 'forcing' dh to do it :)

JoycieB- sorry that Af got u hun,it's good that ur staying positive tho, :thumbup:.about the clearblue ov tests,was in tesco the other day,im sure i saw some on offer -not 100% sure tho, i know that the clearblue pregnancy tests were on offer-worth checking out.i also use the IC,but am lucky they work for me.Good luck for next month,x

SAjennypenny- praying that you get ur much deserved Bfp very soon,x

Good luck to everybody else O'ving & waiting,x

yes i know what you mean about the whole 'delivered with passion' thing. I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, but there also seems to be more when DH is enjoying himself

Jennypenny: I'm sorry to hear that. :( i hope you can take some time to relax and pamper yourself after such a hard time xx

Popcorn: im sooo excited bout u testing! I have a great feeling and everything crossed for you. x

JoycieB: I know exactly what you mean there def seems to be more and i think it goes further too :D x

My OH had a dream last night i had a baby :) and it was a boy! ha i dunno if the ttc is even effecting his dreams or hopefully he's a bit psychic :)

I'm nt feeling too hopeful this cycle to be honest. at the start i was so sure i wud get it this month but i didnt get a clear pos opk. this cud be because of all the water i was drinking due to my HORRIBLE EVIL uti or because i missed two days of testing because of it . :shrug: I have no symptoms watsoever yet anyway but im trying to keep the hope alive :)

:dust: to you all xx

Joycie, here is the superdrug one. this is from today

https://m1214.photobucket.com/album...XbS+mf7/nmWUGLiXDoFRiQrcViQU7cZr/2nxjlhQHgF4=

The second line is actually not as faint as it appears in the picture. Nevertheless, as you can see, it's clearly still lighter than the main line. But in the past few days it was barely non-existant. so it has got quite a bit darker now. It will get to a peak REALLY dark probably on Saturday and then go down afterwards. So as far as brands go, i'm very happy with superdrug.

on another (related) topic, the way the ov tests are looking, it looks like i'll be ov'ing on Monday or so... and DH leaves for his work conference on Sunday evening, which means we'll have the chance to BD on Saturday and Sunday, which I think will give us a really good chance!!!

https://m1214.photobucket.com/album...XbS+mf7/nmWUGLiXDoFRiQrcViQU7cZr/2nxjlhQHgF4=

The second line is actually not as faint as it appears in the picture. Nevertheless, as you can see, it's clearly still lighter than the main line. But in the past few days it was barely non-existant. so it has got quite a bit darker now. It will get to a peak REALLY dark probably on Saturday and then go down afterwards. So as far as brands go, i'm very happy with superdrug.

on another (related) topic, the way the ov tests are looking, it looks like i'll be ov'ing on Monday or so... and DH leaves for his work conference on Sunday evening, which means we'll have the chance to BD on Saturday and Sunday, which I think will give us a really good chance!!!

Sounds like your in with a great chance! esp with the preseed! hope it works out sweetie :D x

I know I havent been commenting here, but I thought I'd share, 1st month on Pre-seed... BFP!!

That's amazing! This is my first month ttc with Preseed too so I'm hoping it works for us too! I've just heard so many positive stories about couples getting their BFPs with it! I'm so excited to hear this CloverMouse! Many congrats!

FX'd for you londongirl, i hope it works out.

And AHA! I have a plan!
Right, because all the charting and human body whatsits absoloutly fascinate me, and i love experimenting on myself, this month i'm going to buy a high street branded OPK, and test with both that AND the dippy strips, just to see how they compare. Add this to what my microscope should aslo accomplish and i should be prett spot on for my OV date.

On another plus note, i had my seconf Progesterone test on monday so i already had an appointment booked with my GP for wednesday, so depending on what the results are from my second test, should be getting some good feedback next week AND i've just remembered that DH is taking a week off work from 20th November, so FX'd my OV day goes back to where it used to be then he shouldn't be so tired when i need him.

Sounds like your in with a great chance! esp with the preseed! hope it works out sweetie :D x

Ahh can't view the pic as on work laptop, but fx you ovulate on Monday as that timing would be PERFECT!! You deserve it!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->