PreSeed Club: We finally did it! 50th BFP announced :)

Congrats Emilykate and ttcbabyw1!! How exciting for both of you!

Londongirl - have a fun busy weekend!

Hey ladies, i need some technical minds again
My positive attitude has just taken a major nosedive!!
I've just had the results of my second progesterone blood test, first one was 'poor ovulation' new result is 'inadequate functioning corpus luteum' what odes that mean??
Somebody please please please tell me thats just technical speak for 'low progesterone' and can be sorted, i've tried googling it but i'm at work and can't put too much research into it, and beside the only articles im getting are those related to breast cancer.
I do have a doctors appointmen on wednesday but basically, i'm freaking out now!!
Anybody know what it means, or is a bit bored and doesn't mind doing some research for me??

Hey ladies, i need some technical minds again
My positive attitude has just taken a major nosedive!!
I've just had the results of my second progesterone blood test, first one was 'poor ovulation' new result is 'inadequate functioning corpus luteum' what odes that mean??
Somebody please please please tell me thats just technical speak for 'low progesterone' and can be sorted, i've tried googling it but i'm at work and can't put too much research into it, and beside the only articles im getting are those related to breast cancer.
I do have a doctors appointmen on wednesday but basically, i'm freaking out now!!
Anybody know what it means, or is a bit bored and doesn't mind doing some research for me??

Ah Jocieb, I can understand you feeling down about that :o(
I have googled it and found the following info for you:

Should progesterone levels prove to be low, the temptation is often to "treat the symptom" by giving the patient progesterone supplementation during the luteal phase. In the case of inadequate corpus luteum performance, progesterone support may indeed be the appropriate solution. However, inadequate follicle development may also be causing the low progesterone levels. Thus, it is important to measure midcycle follicle size (via ultrasound) and estradiol levels (via a blood test).
If follicle development is normal, then progesterone supplementation during the luteal phase is normally the correct treatment. If follicle development is inadequate, an ovulatory stimulant such as Clomid or an injectable drug may be in order; these drugs help the follicle to mature more appropriately, which has the double benefit of producing a higher quality egg and a better-functioning corpus luteum.
Women whose linings fail to respond to normal progesterone levels often have normal follicle development and adequate progesterone levels at 7 days past ovulation. An ultrasound image of the lining at seven dpo, however, will show a lining that has failed to convert from the triple layer lining typical of the time of ovulation. In this case, women are often given additional progesterone supplementation in the luteal phase in the hope that a higher level will be the push that the lining needs to convert appropriately. Some doctors use injections of human chorionic gonadotropin to further stimulate the corpus luteum. However, these injections can cause false positive pregnancy results.

Can you ask your Doc for an ultrasound at 7dpo to establish exactly which area is the problem as above?
I see they suggest clomid- which I have read is really successful and see many ladies on this forum fall pregnant whilst using Clomid.
Also HCG injections?
I know none of this is ideal, and I really feel for you.
Could you suggest a little more investigation from your doc, perhaps with some of the methods above?

Sending big hugs xxx

JoycieB, I hate hearing things are wrong with my body. So i get your negative mood at the moment. I have to say, though, I did some reading and my simple understanding is that after the egg is released, the follicle that grows the egg turns into what is called the corpus luteum. it is still located in the ovary. the corpus luteum after the egg leaves it starts secreting progesterone and the high levels of progesterone are what keep the egg alive basically and help it attach to the womb lining. Once the placenta grows, this then takes over hte progesterone secretions and the corpus luteum is no longer needed. so putting it simply, with inadequate corpus luteum functioning, your progesterone levels are low so it's hard to sustain a foetus's development.

the 2 positive things are:

unless you know what's wrong, you can't fix it!

and secondly - from my understanding, low levels of progesterone are one of the easiest things to treat when it comes to fertility!!!!!!! so in a way it's good news if THAT is what's wrong with you, if there is going to be something, because honestly i think it's as simple as taking supplement progesterone to keep the levels up until the placenta takes over progesterone secretion - happy days!!!

hey
how do you put your ovulation chart into the bottom of your posts?

Phew! Thankyou so much hun, just wish i could click the 'thank' button more than once.
Yeah, that's calmed me down a little bit, basically there's several causes for low progesterone, and they just need to investigate a little further to find out what exactly is causing mine, hmm a little bit of a bummer, but it's all going to lead to good . . hopefully.

Thanks both of you, i think now i've calmed down my biggest fear after hearing that was, Aaaargh no eggs!! know better now

:hugs: joycie, like london said, no one wants to hear there's something wrong with their body. But there IS something you can do about this. I'm still learning a lot about fertility and areas that could be of concern, but I'm hopeful this will change for you soon! <3

So I got a reading from jenny renny before and it was incorrect. Last night I couldn't help myself and requested a reading from gail. She said she doesn't see anything preventing me from getting PG and that I'll conceive in late jan with a feb bfp and I'll have a girl. And then a boy in 2014. I take these readings with a grain of salt but I was a little disappointed. My impatience is getting the best of me and I want to be PG NOW. But that's me being silly.

Just wanted to share!

So I got a reading from jenny renny before and it was incorrect. Last night I couldn't help myself and requested a reading from gail. She said she doesn't see anything preventing me from getting PG and that I'll conceive in late jan with a feb bfp and I'll have a girl. And then a boy in 2014. I take these readings with a grain of salt but I was a little disappointed. My impatience is getting the best of me and I want to be PG NOW. But that's me being silly.

Just wanted to share!

haha yeah i hear you! i got a ruby reading, and she said i'd get a BFP in december this year, and that's only a month off and i was like "oooh man that's ages away!"

i take it with a grain of salt too

Ok, so i've calmed down a little now and realised that basically what my latest results say is what the first ones say 'low progesterone' just that it might not be as easily rememdied as VitB, but ah well we'll see what occurs.

londongirl- i'm sooooo happy you got your positive OPK!! now i'm the one going :wohoo:

Where do you get these reading from Gail & Ruby! I'm intrigued!!!

Should I test it out and see what they say!!

What a scam! people getting money out of vulnerable woman looking for any way to raise their hopes. I think it's criminal!!

sorry but just had to voice that opinion, sorry if i offended anyone! x

I guess it depends on how literally you take it. It gives me some hope but I don't necessarily believe it 100%. Its just for fun for me.

Hi ladies!

London - +OPK came right on time! Lots of lovin this weekend and some relaxation next should yield a nice BFP in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed for you dear.

Joyce: glad to see you're feeling a bit better about the news. Like the other girls said, better to know what's been getting in the way of your BFP. Now you can treat it and add to our BFP numbers Xx.

Pop: There's still hope until the witch shows her ugly face. Meanwhile, keep that positive outlook of yours going!

Thanks for the updates EK and TTC! I can't wait to be in your shoes :)

I think I'm officially in the tww - FF should confirm in a day or so. I'm going try my very best to stick to my plan and wait until I'm officially late before testing. I've had my fair share of BFNs and have had it!

I have a quick question...

After ovulation is no CM normal .. I'm really dry as far as CM goes and I'm wondering if this is normal ... for pregnancy or not .. ? I'm just confused at this point.

Where do you get these reading from Gail & Ruby! I'm intrigued!!!

Should I test it out and see what they say!!

COngrats Em! I just saw that you got your BFP! WOOHOOO!!!! :flower:

I have a quick question...

After ovulation is no CM normal .. I'm really dry as far as CM goes and I'm wondering if this is normal ... for pregnancy or not .. ? I'm just confused at this point.

I'm no expert with cm as I didn't really get much of the extra fertile ew stuff, but I know it turns creamy after ov and then becomes more sparce and drys up as u approach af xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->