private gender scans

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Hi, popping over a week early from 1st trimester, hope you dont mind, i just wanted to ask for experince of private gender scans and when to have them?

My first pregnancy we didnt find out and my second i didnt want to either (we lost that one at 11 weeks) but this time its twins and I HAVE to know! i need to know if im going to have to prepare myself for Three boys under 2 years lol! :wacko:

Anyway, there is a place near we that offers private gender scans from 15 weeks, i always thought it was from 16 weeks? anyway, should i go for that, or wait longer? the NHS one will tell me at 20 weeks, im i better waiting?

Also not sure if the fact its twins compliactes it?

Anyway, anyone had gender scans at 15/16 weeks? or do most people wait longer?

With twins you have to pay more i believe basicly double the price of most places.. I went with my son at 16/17weeks and it was great so clear, lots of lovely pictures. I will be going with this one on saturday.

I went at 16 weeks and it was clear but some others I've seen on here had there's at 14 weeks and it was still quite clear. I think it's how lucky you are on the day. I looked at it that if I didn't find out then least I'd got to see baby again! Hope you can find out and congrats on twins!!

I had one done at Babybond at nearly 17 weeks (you have to be at least 16 weeks) and it was amazing :)
It cost us £79, I just double checked and it's the same amount if you're having twins!

I've still got another 2 weeks to wait for our 20 week scan so so glad we did it! Was defo worth the money, and you can really bond with your babies as they're not rushing you!

Also, they can guarantee the sexes, if babies aren't in the right positions you can go back!

Hope that helps

Thanks, the place by me is £70 for a normal and they said it was more for twinnies but she said it wouldnt be double. I am not too bothered on how much it will cost, i just want to see them again and know what they are :D

Thanks everyone, think ill get it down when im just over 16 weeks! yey, only 3 weeks and a half to go!

After speaking to a few private clinics they have said 18 weeks is generally the best, but can do from 16 weeks. We waited till 28weeks with our daughter for ours :dohh:

this time we've booked one for 17+2 - so 2 weeks tomorrow, they said if they can't tell you are invited back free of charge, so just going to go for it. cannot wait :cloud9:

I had one at 16+5(you have to be at least 16+3) at window to the womb and it cost £50! That included a sneak peak in 4D, sexting, and a cd of images :) it was fabulous and I'd def recommend it to anyone!
Good luck and congratulations on your Twins x

Ahhhh Eternal nice to see you over here lovely :hugs:

I had my gender scan Saturday with Babybond they advice no earlier than 16wks. Booking another when im 28wks like i did with my last LO :happydance:

our clinic doesn't do them till 22 weeks, not bad really as it'll give me a chance to see what position baby is in at the NHS one, then we'll go form there, baby has been transverse so far, and we've not got any good pics yet.

if its babybond with the 4d freeview id wait till 25 weeks, as the bigger your babies the better the picture ;)

Hi, im in Swansea and im also thinking of having it done at oaktree park clinic, from what ive researched you can definalty tell at 15 weeks x

they seem really nice, but seem to book up fast so book soon. im leaving it until im a little over 16 weeks as it works in well with OHs day off. so exciting being able to see them again.

where are you delivering? Singleton?

hi hun i had mine at 16+3 and it was amazing the tech told me almost strait away about 5mins in. it was so calm and relaxing with a big flat screen tv to watch baby on! ive had my 20week scan since and she is still a girl :D would defo recommend!! im going back at 28weeks for a 4D one and i cant wait!! xxx

Thanks, i cant wait, i dont think ill have more as from what i have been told i will get extra scans due to it being twins anyway, i just really want to know what they are, is it one of each, two boys, two girls???? lol! i need to know!

We had a Babybond Gender scan at 17+3 wks and it was very clear. We didn't want to risk spending the money on one at 16 wks in case it wasn't clear enough to make out boy/girl parts but in hindsight it probably would have been ok. I have no patience what-so-ever so couldn't wait till 20wk nhs scan!:flower:
Jx

I had a private scan after my 20 week scan to confirm girl and it was £50, very clear aswell but i suppose i did wait a little longer!

thanks ladies, ill post when i get it, i was worried with it being twins would it be better earlier or later as some places say come earlier if twins, no idea why? maybe because when they are bigger its harder to see with two squashed it?

Personally I think the longer you wait the better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->