private messages being displayed on facebook??

There must be a flaw when it comes to PMs. It wasn't even highlighted but blackberry users could once access anyone's PMs one night. It happened to me and my friend in one night.

This is why im no longer on facebook lol

It's all a bit weird this ey. FB has denied it but people are finding it has happened.

I've checked mine and nothing private seems to be on my timeline.

I checked mine last night, and there weren't any old PM's, just wall posts. I hid them anyway.
I had a look on some of my friend's timelines too, to see if any PM's from me were showing, but they weren't, just wall posts again.
xx

I checked and there were some on mine, fortunately not current. My friend is newly pregnant and it is not public information yet but when have been talking about it through private message.

It was nice to see the old ones though as there are lots of romantic ones from my husband from when we first met.

Yeah checked mine and there were only wall posts. Still a bit worried though!

Mine were only public wall posts, mostly birthday wishes... ?

Not sure if this helps but yes, messages go into archives, but if you open the messages up you can delete all conversation and this cant be undone. Seems like a permanent thing, but only deletes you copy of the conversation - the other person needs to do it too i suppose :wacko:

just checked mine & it's not showing any private messages, only things people have written on my wall. :) Facebook need to sort this fault out, fast! x

My friend put this on this morning. I didn't believe her so I checked & there was inbox messages off my ex there!

Surely Facebook has no right to do that?!?

I don't understand how this works?

I've just been and checked and all my PMs from 2010 were on there, thankfully all but one were the same old 'how are you' mails, except one. But I know I deleted that message as soon as I got it as it said som fairly offensive things about a friend in it and I wasn't interested in their arguments?!

None of them from 2012 have though?

I think it's just a massive glitch on their part, I'd be livid if it was intentional. They need to sort it ASAP.

Yeah it only seems to be messages from 2011 and before nobody seems to be complaining of current ones. I know mine were from like early 2011 and 2010 xx

Mine where from 2011 and 2010, none from this year either. I've checked and I defiently deleted the messages that where showing, that weren't in archive either. :wacko:

I didnt believe it but there were most definitely messages that were sent privately on mine from 2007-2009

Just checked and some of mine are showing too :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->