private messages being displayed on facebook??

I could only tell because I knew some of the stuff was stuff I (or rather they) wouldnt put on my wall.

that is awful! I have had a quick scan but I don't think anything private is on my wall. Not spending the whole night looking through though, if anyone on my friends lists is weird enough that they go through my old posts then they obviously have massive issues!

I just googled it and it looks like FB is denying it but I don't understand how so many people could be mistaken??

Fb are idiots. I am 100% certain that it was private messages on my wall.

Lou, I am pretty weird and I am on your friends list :winkwink: :rofl:

I am 100% positive there were some PMs posted on my wall. Things were very private and were never ever ever shared publically. FB are *******s!

wait how can you guys tell the difference between old private message and public comments?

I only know because some of the messages from my ex I would definitely have shouted at him for if they were public and deleted them at the time :lol:

I deleted every private mess age I had and it went all the way to 2008. I hate it when facebook does something like this, imagine if all of our emails became public! There is a reason for things being written in a private message!

Has anyone noticed the layout of the posts on walls have change today? I have been stalking a friend to see if any of my messages appear and their posts look a bit different - I wonder if they have had to change something at FB HQ to fix the matter....

I know 100% some of the things posted on my wall were originally private messages as me and my hubby never ever say lovey dovey stuff publicly on facebook. I also never mention things about work publicly on there as i am not allowed to and there were both of those things on my wall from a few years back.

This is disgusting! Imagine if a UK based website had something like this, they'd be in breach of all kinds of data protection law but as FB is international they can get away with it. I am soooooooooooooo glad I completely deleted my FB account two years ago and just made an account purely for entering competitions and so on, I don't trust the privacy on FB at all xx

I went through and didn't see any on mine. Thank God, some with hubby were a bit explicit! :blush: :haha:

I went through and didn't see any on mine. Thank God, some with hubby were a bit explicit! :blush: :haha:

hun, just to let you know (and I didn't read them) you have some on your FB wall.

You need to go back to the year you joined FB and have a look. It was say 'x posted on your timeline' and these will actually be PMs, not timeline posts. At the very bottom of this, in small writing it will say something like '100 more' click on this and you will see them all.

I checked for all my close friends and family, and so far everyone's PMs have been visible. So even if you don't think yours are, check again to be sure.

Has anyone seen their replies on their friends pages?

hun, just to let you know (and I didn't read them) you have some on your FB wall.

You need to go back to the year you joined FB and have a look. It was say 'x posted on your timeline' and these will actually be PMs, not timeline posts. At the very bottom of this, in small writing it will say something like '100 more' click on this and you will see them all.

I checked for all my close friends and family, and so far everyone's PMs have been visible. So even if you don't think yours are, check again to be sure.

How do you know that they're her PMs though, and not just old wall posts? I had that box on my timeline too, but it was only wall posts.
xx

How strange! :shock:

I had another looksie at the "posted on your Timeline" ones. For the most part, I remember these to be on my wall but not entirely sure. If they were PMs though, nothing seems to be "bad". :lol:

There were messages on mine that I KNOW wouldn't have been posted to my wall (when I had my miscarriage.

And also private messages regarding the person who glassed my OH too!

I've hidden the lot, And actually feel quite violated! :nope:

There were messages on mine that I KNOW wouldn't have been posted to my wall (when I had my miscarriage.

And also private messages regarding the person who glassed my OH too!

I've hidden the lot, And actually feel quite violated! :nope:

Was there an option to delete? x

If you delete your Facebook account it will delete your entire presence on Facebook, even comments you left on other people's photos and links.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->