private messages being displayed on facebook??

I don't understand where people are finding these messages? Youre sure they were wall conversations? Can someone maybe post a screenshot?

Mine were showing. Some really private thoughts, plus me sharing how scared and excited I was to be pregnant, to see Riley Rae's heartbeat etc. Really hard to read :(

I don't understand where people are finding these messages? Youre sure they were wall conversations? Can someone maybe post a screenshot?

Basically in amongst your wall posts and deffo were private messages x

If you hide them from your timeline does it hide them from everybody? I'm really not happy about it :(.

Mine were all under the box that says for example '44 people posted on ....... Timeline.' Most were just wall posts but in amoungst them were some that was certainly private messages. :flower:

I deactivated a while ago, but I'm curious to know if *your* messages are showing on*your* wall or are they on other people's walls/other's messages on yours?

That makes no sense does it?! :dohh:

Mine were showing. Some really private thoughts, plus me sharing how scared and excited I was to be pregnant, to see Riley Rae's heartbeat etc. Really hard to read :(

:hugs: It's horrid isn't it, some of mine were from friends after my dad died and it was really upsetting. It's only some, not all which is weird. I've completely deleted the messages from my inbox but I'm not good with computers and don't know if that's helped

I checked the other day and found loads of messages my mom's sent me regarding money and stuff, thankfully I don't think many people care to stalk my FB!

If you hide them from your timeline does it hide them from everybody? I'm really not happy about it :(.

Yes it does. That is what I did too.

:hugs: It's horrid isn't it, some of mine were from friends after my dad died and it was really upsetting. It's only some, not all which is weird. I've completely deleted the messages from my inbox but I'm not good with computers and don't know if that's helped

:hugs: Yes it is horrid. It must of been hard to see that rawness hun. I am sorry for your loss :hugs:

There is a way were you can look at your profile as if it was a friend looking at it, you just put in a random friend and it will show you what they would be seeing iykwim?
I haven't actually tried it yet though.

I see some on mine, but don't see any option to delete. :(

If you hover over the top of the box that says e.g '44 people have wrote on .....'s timeline' then there should be an option of hiding/deleting from your timeline.
Hope that makes sense. :flower:

I see some on mine, but don't see any option to delete. :(

If you hover over the top of the box that says e.g '44 people have wrote on .....'s timeline' then there should be an option of hiding/deleting from your timeline.
Hope that makes sense. :flower:

Just to expand when you hover in the right corner there's a box you can click on (has like a pencil picture in it) and there's the option "hide from timeline" xx

I read about this on a warning someone posted on Facebook. I'm wondering why messages would be displayed on walls when they're meant to be private inbox messages. I hate it when Facebook makes privacy changes like this :( I've had a look back through my posts and there doesn't seem to be anything, but I know friends who have got private messages published on their walls. x

I think its getting pretty messy, to the point I think I will refrain from using it as much now. I can imagine with this issue and the plans here https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/1/3422832/imessage-vs-facebook-messenger things could get really sour!

I've deactivated my account now. None of my PM's were showing, but I can't be bothered with the hassle.
I don't trust it anymore!
xx

Oh gosh i had loads on my 2009 timeline...How awful.

I may deactivate, this is getting ridiculous.

oh my god what the fuck? I haven't read through this whole thread but I am slightly freaking out right now, that is awful! I'm not sure if I have anything incriminating but still!

wait how can you guys tell the difference between old private message and public comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->